Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul SekhriYour feedback matters!
My knee of left leg has been little injured in an accident two one month ago. For only two days there was pain, but it was recovered as I took painkiller and volini. But sometimes I feel trouble while walking or sitting. What can I do now? please suggest something.
Hello sir, I suddenly have got pain in both my ankles and experience a bit of stiffness when I rotate my foot. What should i do?
Dear sir I am a 27years old male. I have masturbation habit last 10 years. Now affect hand shivering that working time and back pain also. Please help me.
My periods have not come since march. I am 43 years old and follow good diet. I have back ace since 2007. No medicine, only on physiotherapy when required. Doctor says it may be due to hormone imbalance. Is there any medicine in ayurved. If so what I should do. Please reply.
I am having pain in my legs and in sole feet from few months. The pain usually occur in night. I also feel sometimes anxiety in my stomach. Pls suggest.
I am 26 years old male. 2 months before I had an accident. Because of that I had Lateral malleolus fracture undisplaced. I had plaster on my left foot for 6 weeks. After removal of plaster It was not fully recovered. I am working as a sales personal my Job involve travel from one place to other. I want to know can I apply garam patti to fully recover of my ankle.
I have heavy knee pain. It increases if I walk or work more. So suggest me ways to get rid off the pain.
I had been suffering intense pain in my lower back. Its stats whenever I sit constantly at one place for more than 10 mins. Wat should do.
I have pain in my left knee joint and left side abdomen sometime often feel discomfort in my left testicle. It is not for whole day but it cause a way discomfort for and in some gesture more. There is a crunching sound in folding and opening of my left knee. Please suggest and get me out of this.
My grandmother is suffering from severe dementia, hallucinations, negative thinking, very short time memory for not even 30 seconds, depression and always crying due to adversity in her life. She is forgetting even her own close relations. But some oldest memories of her younger age, being recalled by her. She says some old family members are calling her and appearing in front of her. She talks the imaginary figures. Kindly help her and suggest any medicine to improve her situation. Also, kindly suggest to improve her memory and recognising others. She is not even sleeping at nights and just staring at walls and fan. She feels real about television and talks to people she watches in television. She frightens if she sees any rowdy or animals in tv as she feels it is really happening around her. She takes loricon-1 1-1 daily, sometimes qutipin 25 and earlier used to take sizodon md 0.5. Her reports are attached for your kind reference. Other than this, she is healthy. She has no sugar and bp etc. She recently had thigh bone fracture and getting recovered. Kindly help her.
I am suffering from headache and back pain daily. I am using medical for this if we take that medicine daily will it cause side effects.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a painful disorder of the hand caused by pressure on your median nerve as it runs through the carpal tunnel of the wrist. Symptoms include numbness, pins and needles, and pain (particularly at night). Anything that causes swelling inside the wrist can cause carpal tunnel syndrome, including repetitive hand movements, pregnancy and arthritis.
Cause of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome symptoms begin when the pressure inside the tunnel becomes too high. This results in your median nerve becoming compressed as it passes through the small tunnel.
The carpal tunnel pressure increase occurs when either of two things happens:
- The tunnel space decreases, such as when the wrist swells eg after a traumatic injury, partial subluxation of the carpal bones or fracture or tenosynovitis.
- When the contents of the tunnel (median nerve, blood vessels and tendons) enlarge.
- Both of these situations increase the pressure on the nerve, leading to the carpal tunnel symptoms.
Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) sufferers will usually experience the following symptoms in their hand or fingers:
- hand pain or aching
- pins and needles
- numbness esp at night of with wrist flexing
- weakness or cramping
- perceived swelling
The symptoms are usually worse at night and your grip will weaken as the condition progresses. Eventually you will notice muscle atrophy of the thenar (thumb) muscles and loss of hand function or clumsiness. If this sounds like you, suspect carpal tunnel syndrome.
Physical Therapy Treatment
- Gliding Exercises: Moving your fingers in a specified pattern of exercises may help your tendons and nerves glide more smoothly through your carpal tunnel. While there’s some evidence that gliding exercises can help relieve symptoms when used alone, these exercises appear to work better in combination with other treatments -such as splinting.
- Graston Technique/Manual Therapy: The Graston Technique incorporates a patented form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively detect and treat scar tissue and restrictions that effect normal function. Manual therapy techniques such as myofascial release or Active Release Technique are hands-on techniques that release tight tendons and musculature.
- Ultrasound: Deep, pulsed ultrasound directed at the carpal tunnel can reduce pain and numbness, and improve hand strength. Continuous superficial ultrasound doesn’t help.
- Traction: Some people obtain relief from carpal tunnel symptoms by using a hand traction device, called C-Trac. You might try this device, which can be purchased for home use, if other conservative treatment options have failed.
- Splints: Splints (braces) are the most commonly used nonsurgical treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome. Splints that immobilize the wrist in a neutral (unbent) position are most likely to relieve discomfort. An unbent wrist maximizes the size of the carpal tunnel, which reduces pressure on the median nerve, relieving your symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.