Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RahulYour feedback matters!
I do not know what is happening to me. I just feel so sad day by day. I don't feel like going to office I am at home since so long. I feel so alone and exhausted. I sleep to much don't feel like to wake up from bed. There is no work pressure in my office also my office environment is good but there is one thing that I get tensed when any new work is coming to me. But I don't think for that I am not feeling like going to office. I just don't feel like doing anything. Started crying for no reason. There is no personal issue going on in my life. Still why I feel so bad I don't know. My family is forcing me to join office but I feel so annoyed when they forced me. Because I just don't want to go. I tried explaining one of my close friend about my situation but he said why your Feeling depressed even though you don't have any problem. I don't understand what to explain people about my feelings as I myself not understanding. That's why I am not telling it to my family please help me how to overcome this.
Jab bhi me koi imp. Kaam krti hu like Form fill krna or sum other important Work jab me printout nikaaliti hu agar pic light hti h but visible hti h tab bhi mera mann me vehem rhta h k galat ho jayega etc and jam form jama krti apne details k sth like marksheet etc I checked atlst 3_4 tyms but tab bhi sukoon ni mlta ke shyd galat hga form reject ho jaega or issi chakkar m choti choti chizo p paise hojate h jaise pic ni sahi aai phr se nikalwati hu print tab bhi ni aai phir krti bht kahi jana hota h to phone check krti hu bike drive krte hue k ni I am fed up of this what is this problem?
I feel so much irritation. When I wake up in morning. I am a student n I am preparing for exams. Bt I am not able to concentrate in morning because of above reason. please suggest some tips so that I can get rid of this depression.
Hello, aged 28 residing back in india need a proper diet plan for bipolar disorder I have been having this issue since last 4 years now could you please advise me on how I can control my sickness thanks,
Sir some times I have very depress, anxiety, life is bore, always not interest my life. Because more problem. Mentally disturbed, negative thinking, etc please give me solution for this any psychiatrist.
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is an abnormal condition of the mind that develops when a person is exposed to certain traumatic events in life such as accidents, sexual assault or warfare.
The major symptoms of PTSD are:
- Reliving the traumatic experience over and over again; this leads to severe and long-term mental distress.
- Recurring dreams about the events.
- Provocation of traumatic thoughts by the slightest event that causes distress to the individual.
- Avoiding memories and thoughts that might remind them of the event.
- Developing a negative view of themselves and the world.
- Developing social or specific phobias.
- Medication and antidepressants: Medicines such as paroxetine, sertraline and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) help the individual address insomnia related problems that occur due to PTSD and suppress nightmares.
- Psychotherapy: This form of therapy is used to cure both mental health conditions (such as obsessive compulsive disorder, anxiety and depression) as well as emotional problems that result from PTSD. Skilled mental health experts are needed for this form of treatment to be administered. They would listen to each individual patiently and provide effective strategies to give solutions to the problems. Some of these therapies are:
- Cognitive Behavioural therapy: This therapy enables the individual to adapt to changes and recognize thought patterns which lead to irrational and negative behaviour and actions.
- Exposure therapy: This therapy causes the affected individual to first become anxious by exposing him/her to the traumatic memories, situations and objects by simulating them. The therapy helps the person to overcome his/her fears and become comfortable in the same environment that had previously caused fear and anxiety.
- Group therapy: This popular and effective form of therapy allows the individual to share his/her feelings, fears and thoughts with a group of people who have themselves experienced similar trauma in their lives. Sharing such experiences helps reduces stress levels.
Some Self-Help and Coping Tips include:
- Avoiding situations that cause PTSD can worsen the condition. Hence, the individual should try to embrace and face such situations boldly.
- PTSD can result in loss of motivation and stress. Try utilizing your time in socialising, indulging in certain or even exercising for that matter.
- Taking some time out to relax and having fun is very important. This calms the body and mind, thereby improving one’s mood.
Hi Now days i am fell depressed about my alcoholic father n also from my job, like i am not satisfied with my job. I'll tried to find a new job but due to some circumstances i am not find a perfect one.
While taking stress or confusion, my semen is discharged without any sexual stimulation. If excess of leakage of semen in this way, can lead to hormonal disturbance due to stress. This hormonal disturbance can cause diabetes?
I feel lazy always in all day and my bodies always pain in leg and head so, My fat increase in bodies. What should i do to cure?
Hello, my boyfriend has deep depression and what can I do to help him? He doesn't enjoy anything, he has no self-confidence, wants to die. There was lots of unfair cases in his life, so he feels inhibited. Please, help.
Child sexual abuse is a pressing issue in society today. Statistically, there has been a considerable increase in the number of cases related to juvenile sex abuse over the past decade. Most of the cases report the abuser to be a close family member or a family friend rather than a complete stranger.
A sexually abused child may develop severe mental health conditions and have major difficulties coping with as an adult. One of the most common disorders affecting survivors of child sexual abuse is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). This involves the individual reliving the trauma all his/her life, thus leading to panic, stress and difficulties in living a healthy life in the longer run.
The individuals who were abused as a child normally suffer from a very low self -esteem. They continue to blame themselves for the events that occurred and hence have a rather demeaning view of themselves, leading to adjustment issues in the future.
They may also be diagnosed with clinical depression owing to the previous trauma. This hampers the everyday functioning of the individual. The individual may continue to relive the past traumatic events in the mind that further fuels their depression and contribute to the vicious cycle, eventually.
Most often, survivors of child sexual abuse have a rather impulsive nature owing to the hampered functioning of impulse-control. They have lesser control over their emotions, especially anger and are rather quick to act on it.
Because of all the complications, they might be less socially competent and thus fail to build firm peer relationships. They grow up to be adults with severe trust issues; they are hence, often side-lined because of their cynicism which leads to further depressive symptoms.
Genophobia or the fear of sex is another complication that they may experience as adults. They may avoid sex altogether or engage in sexual activities that are rather violent in nature. Some survivors may develop certain sexual fetishes that can be rather dangerous; the most common being ‘paedophilia’ or the sexual arousal involving prepubescent children.
The seriousness of the condition is often undermined. In treatment, various therapeutic techniques are used according to the need and age of the patient. Therapists work to promote positive thinking among the sufferers so that it becomes easy for them to accept their past and move on in life with a better outlook. With proper guidance and help, the individuals are able to overcome their mental health issues and live a wholesome life.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.