Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul NaithaniYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir; Im too much depressed. I'm out of my study track, always thinks about that what happened If I have an serious disease like cancer, I'm from a poor family so how my parents effort this? All my labor n aims n desires will finished if I die. Although I don't have any problem I'm thinking so much and inviting diseases. I cant bear insults. There is an uncomfortable condition all over in my mind and body. I'm not happy with anything. I don't know what makes me happy. So pls sir tell me what should I do?
Do any kind of lump in a breast ultimately become cancer. What measure should be taken to prevent breast cancer? Do breast cancer affect heart function?
Hi, I am 23 year old female, my ESR (western`s METHOD) came out to be 46, my hemoglobin is 12.5, I am very worried and scared. Is this cancer?
My grandfather is suffering from 4th stage of oral cancer and has tracheostomy and peg tube and the phlegm is so much and smelly too which we have to suck through a suction machine usually after every 2 hours. What should we do now?
After Radiation for oral cancer, I got dry mouth and burning sensation on tongue, can it be restored? If could be restored then how?
I am 65 yes old male recently diagnosed with benign prostate hypertrophy. Are there any medicines in homeopathy for treating without surgery which can give good results.
How is breast cancer caused and what are the precautions to be taken to prevent ladies from this disease? Please advice.
My breast size is 38. From last 5 days my breast had became harder and there is pain in these. Plzzz suggest smtng.
Cervical cancer occurs when abnormal cells on the cervix grow out of control. The cervix is the lower part of the uterus that opens into the vagina. Cervical Cancer is one of the most common ailments that women suffer from, making it only more important to be taken seriously and treated immediately.
Most cervical cancer is caused by a virus called human papillomavirus, or HPV. You can get HPV by having sexual contact with someone who has it. There are many types of the HPV virus. Not all types of HPV cause cervical cancer. Some of them cause genital warts, but other types may not cause any symptoms.
Most adults have been infected with HPV at some time. An infection may go away on its own. But sometimes it can lead to cervical cancer. That's why it's important for women to have regular screening. A screening can find changes in cervical cells before they turn into cancer. If you treat these cell changes, you may prevent cervical cancer.
Symptoms of Cervical Cancer may include:
- Bleeding from the vagina that is not normal, such as bleeding between menstrual periods, after sex, or after menopause.
- Persistent abnormal discharge.
Cervical cancer is the easiest gynecologic cancer to prevent, with regular screening tests and follow-up. Two screening tests can help prevent cervical cancer or find it early:
- The Pap test (or Pap smear) looks for precancers, cell changes on the cervix that might become cervical cancer if they are not treated appropriately.
- The HPV test looks for the virus (human papillomavirus) that can cause these cell changes.
When to Get Screened
You should start getting regular Pap tests at age 21. The Pap test, which screens for cervical cancer, is one of the most reliable and effective cancer screening tests available. The Pap test is the best way to find cervical cell changes that can lead to cervical cancer. Regular Pap tests almost always show these cell changes before they turn into cancer. It's important to follow up with your doctor after any abnormal Pap test result so you can treat abnormal cell changes. This may help prevent cervical cancer.
In spite of being a fatal ailment, over the years various treatments have evolved that deal with this problem effectively. Some of them are:
1. Surgery: One of the effective and oft availed treatment to cure cervical cancer is surgery. Depending on the stage on which the disease is detected, doctors may suggest for a hysterectomy or removing the pelvic nymph nodes.
2. Chemotherapy: This has emerged as the most sought after way of treating any form of cancer. The abnormal growth of cells that triggers cancer in the first place is deterred in this method by administering drugs to destroy them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Here are screening and treatment of different types of cancers in women
Hello I am Dr. Uma Verma. I am consultant gynecologist in West Delhi, Narayana. Today I will talk about the screening of the cancer in women.
What is screening? Checking your body for cancer before you have symptom increase the chances of detecting certain cancer when they are in most curable stage. First I will talk about cervical cancer. Cervix is the lowermost part of the womb. This is the only cancer which is preventable and it has a very long indolent part present as a precancer region. Nowadays vaccine is also available to prevent this cancer. Pap smear is the ultimate screening of chest to prevent the cervical cancer. Once we start screening Pap smear 3 year after the first intimate relation from 21 to 29 years of age yearly and after 29 it should be done with the HPV virus detection. It can be done till 65 years of age and later also if anything abnormal with the Pap smear, patient can go further for the rompers copy also.
Second cancer we are going to discuss is about the breast cancer. We have the Mammogram Manual examination of the breast and MRI. Self examination of the breast is controversial issue, It should be done or not. Some authorities say to be done, some say it is of no use. If at all it should be done it should be started at age of 29 till 40. It should be done with three early and after 40 year it should be done annually. Candidate for the genetic testing, Personal history of CA breast should undergo genetic testing for the breast cancer. Close relative having history of breast, prostate or unaware cancer. Breast cancer developing before the age of 50 having both the breast in ovarian cancer, near relative having the breast cancer, Easter European, Jewish ancestors, anybody who is having ovarian cancer, these are all above the position should be genetically investigated for the screening of the breast cancer.
Now we come to ovarian cancer. This is the ninth most common female cancer. The test used for the click screening is CA 125 and trans vaginal sonography. There is no reliable way to screen for the ovarian cancer in women who do not have any sign. Screening should start at 30 to 35 years that is 5 to 10 year areas when the cancer detected in youngest member of the family. Screening does not reduce death from the cancer in general population. 20 to 25% of the women diagnosed with ovarian cancer have the heriditary tendency. Now come to the uterine cancer screening.
For the uterine cancer there is no screening way. We only have Diagnostic test that Diagnostics test are Endrometrial sampling, DLC, hysteroscopy and also we have the ultrasound to see the endrometrial sickness. Now come to the Colorectal cancer. Colorectal cancer screening is to begin at the age of 50. In this we do high sensitivity fecal occult blood testing, colonoscopy and sigmatoscopy. It should continue annually till the age of 70. That is all.
In summary I want to tell the cancer screening is important so that we can treat the disease at earliest possible. And when the disease is detected earlier the chances vof cure is high. Once the patient develop the disease then nobody knows what is going to happen. Two cancer in the females are the cervical and breast which needs definite screening for the general population as well as for the high risk population. Breast cancer the screening is not of much use.
That is all. Thank you
Only men have prostate gland and it surrounds that part of the tube which carries urine out of the body from the bladder. When cells in this gland start growing without any control and get clumped with each other, they form tumors. It is then the chances of prostate cancer arise in the men's body. These tumors can be malignant, and they can kill the healthy tissues of your body and spread to other body parts.
Chances of getting prostate cancer
The chances of getting prostate cancer are among men who are over 65 years of age. The ratio of getting prostate cancer is one among six men. It is more common in black men compared to white men, Hispanic men and Asian men. Moreover, when there is history of prostate cancer in your family, the chances of having prostate cancer increases.
Now, let's find out the symptoms that will let you know that you may have prostate cancer.
Symptoms of prostate cancer
There are different stages of prostate cancer and depending upon the stage you can get to know various symptoms.
However, the problem is that in the early stages there are no specific symptoms of prostate cancer. Certain urinary symptoms may suggest that you are suffering from prostate cancer. Such symptoms are:
- Frequent urination
- Difficulty with starting urine flow
- Urination that burns
- Blood in the urine
- Weak flow, or 'dribbling'
These symptoms always do not mean that you are suffering from prostate cancer, as these symptoms may be there when your prostate gland gets enlarged.
Another symptom associated with prostate cancer is pain in different parts of the body. When the cancerous cells spread they cause pain around the prostate gland. There can be pain in the hips, pelvis, and lower back or upper thighs.
Prostate gland also plays a major role in the male reproductive system. Thus, if there is any sexual dysfunction, there are chances that it may be due to prostate cancer. If you are having a problem in getting an erection or maintaining it also becomes difficult, one problem can be prostate cancer. Sometimes you may experience painful ejaculation, which also points towards chances of having prostate cancer.
Thus, if you experience any of the above mentioned symptoms, its right time to get to your physician. Remember that as there are no early symptoms, the moment you find any of these symptoms, you should pay a visit to your Doctor.
Related Tip: "Prostate Cancer and Its Psychological Impact"
What are the reasons behind the formation of cancer in lungs. What are symptoms which shows a person is suffering from lungs cancer.
Science has advanced a lot through the ages. Doctors have also succeeded in curing many diseases in this time. But even with one of the most advanced technologies, they still haven’t found a fool proof way to cure cancer. Even out of the many types of cancer, blood cancer is the worst among them. You surely wouldn’t want to get into such a situation. Would you? The best way out of blood cancer is never to get one. To prevent it you can take care of a few things:
- Maintaining proper body weight: Although you can’t do much to prevent cancer, you must ensure that you maintain a healthy body weight. This implied that your BMI should be normal (healthy weight) so that you have a good chance of fighting it. It has been said by many leading institutions worldwide as the best way to prevent cancer. One can maintain proper body weight by making sure they exercise every day for at least 30 minutes and also maintain a well-balanced diet. This would help you maintain a healthy body weight.
- Reduction in the consumption of calorie dense food: Not only because calorie dense foods like cold drinks increase your weight, the sugar mixes with your blood and thus is difficult to transport through the body. Thus they add a lot of impurities to the body and must be avoided for the best interests in your effort to fight cancer. The worst fact about calorie dense foods is that you can easily consume 1000 – 2000 calories long before you can satisfy your hunger. Thus, it also defeats your first preventive measure to avoid cancer.
- Staying away from harmful chemicals like pesticides: You might not know it and be happily spraying pest control sprays everywhere without a proper mask thinking you will make the pests go away. What you don’t know is that those pesticides are harmful for your blood and one should avoid them. To increase the probability of winning against blood cancer, it’s vital to keep this in mind.
- Consulting a doctor from time to time: One should always go and visit a medical practitioner from time to time so that they can maintain proper health. Furthermore, if you see symptoms like fever, frequent infections, night sweating, swollen liver with abdomen pain, enlarged lymph nodes (they are usually painless), then be sure to go to a medical practitioner. Always remember that prevention is better than cure. Thus one should try to prevent blood cancer not cure it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.