Lybrate.com has top trusted Radiologists from across India. You will find Radiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Radiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rahul Malik
Diagnostic X- Ray
Bone Densitometry Procedure
Uterine Artery Embolization
Interventional Diagnostic Procedures
Angiography Radial Approach
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul MalikYour feedback matters!
She is 63 years old suffering from diabetes-on Insulin+other allopathy medicines but the sugar level running from 70 to 200 and more. Today fasting 90 but PP is going high between 200 to 300. She is on Insulin from last 15 years. Can she be treated with you? And I am also suffering from Slip Disc. L4 L5 S1 and taken 15 days Ayurvedic treatment such as Katibastyi, Malish, Steam bath etc but there is nothing complete and permanent. Please advise us to permanent treatment.
Left paracentral L5-S1 disc protrusion causing compression of left traversing nerve roots associated with diffuse L1-L2 Disc bulge. Now what is best treatment for me.
Sir I have a problem of slipped disc in cervical spine. I am a dance choreographer so I should do my profession or I should stop it.
With the modernization of all economies around the world, one health hazard that has become one of the largest perils within both developed and developing nations is the incidence of cancers of the female reproductive system, especially cervical and breast cancer.
Breast cancer is the formation of malignant tumors within the breast tissues of a woman. Usually, breast cancer affects women in the age range of 40 to 50, but there have been many reports of it occurring earlier. About 48 % percent of the Indian women having breast cancer have been reported to be under 50. This is an almost 17 percent jump compared to figures 25 years earlier.
Alarming Signs of Breast Cancer:
- The most common symptom of breast cancer is a new lump or mass. A painless, hard mass that has irregular edges is more likely to be cancerous, but breast cancers can be tender, soft, or rounded.
- Swelling of all or part of a breast (even if no distinct lump is felt)
- Skin irritation or dimpling
- Breast or nipple pain
- Nipple retraction (turning inward)
- Redness, scaliness, or thickening of the nipple or breast skin
- Nipple discharge (other than breast milk)
Screening Guidelines for Breast cancer:
- Mammography: US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommends mammography once in every 2 year for females between age group 50-75 years. Women with a family history has a benefit of starting at age 40 years. After 75 years there are insufficient evidence of benefit of screening mammography.
- Breast Self Examination and annual Clinical examination: breast self examination is easy to learn and and any abnormality should be reported to the oncologist.
- For High Risk/ Genetic risk factors: screening should start by age 25 or 10 years earlier of youngest relative affected. Annual mammogram and MRI or Doppler ultrasound alternating at 6 month interval can be considered.
Some of the common treatment options for breast cancers are:
- Breast conservation surgery - This is where the tumors are removed without cutting out too much of the surrounding breast tissue.
- Mastectomy - If the cancer has spread too far then large amounts of breast tissue has to be removed along with the tumor to stop its spread any further.
- Sentinel lymph node Biopsy - it's part of both surgical procedures, it decreases morbidities of lymph node dissection first draining lymph nodes only are removed in patients with clinically negative axilla. If negative on frozen section further axillary dissection is avoided. It avoids the morbidity of complete axillary clearance.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Breast cancer is a type of cancer which occurs due to the development of cancerous cells in a person's breasts. Women are usually affected by breast cancer and breast cancer is one of the most common forms of cancer after skin cancer. Usually fatal if not diagnosed in its early stage, breast cancer is a very serious medical ailment. Read on more to find all about the different symptoms, causes, preventive measures and treatment of breast cancer.
Breast cancer has a few distinct characteristics and if you have a few or all the following symptoms you could be more likely to suffer from breast cancer.
- The formation of a lump in your breast which is different from the surrounding tissue and usually more thickened.
- The discharge of bloody fluid material from the nipples.
- Sudden change of the size, shape and appearance of the breast.
- Certain distinct changes to the skin over the breast for example an indentation in the skin similar to that of a dimple.
- Appearance of an extra nipple which is inverted.
- If the darkened area around the nipples known as the areola is flaking or peeling off.
Studies and researches remain inconclusive on what causes breast cancer. Breast cancer occurs due to abnormal division of the cells located in the breast which over time accumulate and form lumps. They
There are certain factors which increase the probability of contracting breast cancer. Increasing age, personal and family history of breast cancer, obesity, radiation exposure, pregnancy at an older age, post-menopausal hormone therapy are some of the factors that increase the chances of breast cancer.
Several forms of surgical methods exist to treat breast cancer. Depending on the condition and spread of the disease a suitable surgery is performed. These include mastectomy, lumpectomy, axillary lymph node dissection and removal of both breasts. Other forms of treatment include chemotherapy or the use of high doses of drugs to destroy cancerous cells. Radiation therapy where X-rays are used to destroy the cancer cells is also effective.
Renal cancer is also known as hypernephroma, renal cell carcinoma (RCC), kidney cancer or renal adenocarcinoma. The kidneys are organs in your body that dispose off waste, while additionally regulating fluid balance. There are small tubes in the kidneys called tubules. These filter the blood, help in discharging waste, and make urine. RCC happens when cancer cells start to grow out of control in the lining of the tubules of the kidney. Renal cancer is a progressive disease that spreads to the lungs and the organs around it.
Medical experts do not know the exact cause behind renal cancer. It is most commonly found in men between the ages of 50 and 70. There are some risk factors and signs that indicate one’s possibility of having renal cancer and these are as follows
- Family history of renal cancer
- Dialysis treatment
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Smoking cigarettes
- Polycystic kidney disease (a condition that causes cyst formation in the kidneys)
At a point when renal cancer is in its initial stages, patients might not see any symptoms. The symptoms are mainly seen in the later stages. Some of the most common symptoms are as follows:
- Blood in urine: Blood in urine is called hematuria. As indicated by the Renal Cancer Association, hematuria is the most widely recognized indication of kidney cancer. In case you have blood in your urine, you may see pink, rust or even a red staining.
- Lower back pain: The vast majority does not encounter pain until cancer is in later stages. Pain from renal cancer is felt on one side of the flank, the region over the pelvis, and beneath the ribs in the abdomen. This pain can go from a dull yearn to a sharp wound, frequently leaving the area blue. In case you have any sudden pain that continues for more than a couple of days, you need to see a specialist.
- A mass or lump: A mass or protuberance in the abdomen can be an indication of renal cancer. Kidney knots might be hard to feel since they are somewhere down in the abdomen. Once a bump is found, your specialist may arrange symptomatic tests such as an ultrasound or a CT scan. These tests may diagnose what your knot might be.
- Iron deficiency and fatigue: Weakness and a fall in your iron levels are the most common symptoms of any type of cancer. Cancer exhaustion is not quite the same as simply feeling tired.
- Weight reduction, loss of appetite and fever: Another normal side effect of cancer is sudden and startling weight reduction. This happens quickly without any excessive workouts or dieting. A person diagnosed with cancer can also face a loss of appetite. In fact, even their most loved food items can get to be unappealing. Frequent fever is yet another common symptoms among most cancer patients.
In case your specialist suspects that you may have renal cancer, they will take some information about your and family’s medical history. They will then do a physical exam. Discoveries that can show renal cancer include swelling or irregularities in the stomach area. In case of men, augmented veins in the scrotal sac (varicocele) may be found. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
MRI IMPRESSION 29 August 2016 -Posterior diffuse disc herniation at L4 -5 level with bilateral ligamentum flavum hypertrophy causing narrowing of bilateral neural recesses with compression of bilateral traversing nerve roots at same level. -Posterior diffuse disc bulge at L5-S1 level indenting ventral thecal space at same level -Changes of lumbar spondylosis I was having pain at my right hip joint on 15/8/16. It went unbearable extending to RT leg. On 3rd September night as usual on bed all the 24 hours trying to sleep on 4th at 5 am all my pain went. Till then no pain but having burning sensation on right foot, tingling, falling rt foot asleep when I sit on chair. Please advise:- 1. Surgical intervention required? Or 2.Pregabalin,Tolperisone, methylcobalamin,Calcium and D3 with rest will cure me fully? Or 3. Somekind of spinal exercises also required? ERODHA.
What are the alternatives to avoid surgery for my brother aged 47 identified with Listhesis with foot drop and disc extrusion. In fact I had disc bulge (L3 L4 L5) at the age of 41 in 2013 and took oil massage in Kerala for 15 days and I am doing good now.
Mai Dr. Arun Kumar Goel, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Vaishali, Ghaziabad mein Cancer Surgery department ka head hoon, aur breast oncology unit ka director bhi hoon.
Mere main area of interest me breast cancer ka management ek pramukh area hai, breast cancer mahilaon ka sabse common cancer hai jo major cities hai metropolitan Delhi- NCR, Bombay aur aisi cities mein. Aur iska jo incidence hai woh badhta ja raha hai jiske kai karan hai, isme breast cancer ke ilaj mein pichle 30-40 saalon mein bahut tarakki hui hai aur aaj ke din hum dekhte hain ki breast cancer ke marijoo ka survival rate hai woh 90% se upar hai, lekin itna achha survival achieve karne ke liye hame jo hai uski diagnosis bahut jaldi karni padti hai. Toh yeh ek bahut sabse important baat hai, jo sabse common symptom hai breast cancer ka woh hai breast mein ek lump ya ganth ka hona. Ab breast ki ganthe kuch cancerous hoti hai kuch non-cancerous hoti hai, lekin jab bhi koi ganth ho toh yeh possibility zaroor sochna chahiye ki kahi cancer to nahi hai aur turant ek cancer specialist ya breast surgeon se opinion lena chahiye. Cancer ki diagnosis banane ke liye usme kuch janche hoti hai jisme mammography ya ultrasound hota hai, fine needle aspiration cytology ya biopsy hoti hai aur kabhi kabhi breast ka MRI bhi kiya jata hai. Toh agar cancer confirm hota hai toh phir uske baad kuch staging test karte hain yeh dekhne ke liye ki bimari sharir mein kahin faili toh nahi hai, jyadatar cases me bimari localised hoti hai aur uska ilaj jo hai sabse pehle operation ya surgery ke dwara kiya jata hai jo meri main feild hai. Jyadatar logo ko breast cancer surgery mein jo pareshani hoti hai ki pehle ilaj hota tha usme purye breast ko remove kiya jata tha jise hum log mastectomy kehte thye, lekin agar mareez early stage mein aata hai ganth bahut badi nahi hai to pura breast nikalna zaroori nahi hai, hum log breast conservation surgery ke dwara breast ko bchaa sakte hain. Isme aage aur kafi advances huye hai aur aaj kal hum log jo approach follow karte hain jis bolte hain oncoplastic breast conservation surgery, jisme jo cosmetic results pehle se bhi bheter hai. Agar kuch marijoo mein pura breast nikalna zaroori bhi hota hai toh reconstruction bhi kiya ja sakta hai. Aur ek nai approach jo surgery mein aaj kal hum log use kar rahe hai jise kehte hain Sentinel lymph Node Biopsy, yeh armpit ki jo ganthe hoti hain nodes unke management ke liye ek latest approach hai aur iss approach ka istemal karne se jo hathon mein sujan aane ka risk hai Lymphedema wo kafi kam ho jati hai. Toh surgery basically jo ho jati hai uske baad kuch marijoo mein additional treatment ki zaroorat ho sakti hai jaise chemotherapy hai, radiotherapy hai, ya kuch dawaiya hai jo hormonal intervention karti hain. Toh surgery ke baad kafi marijoo mein jo pehela ilaj hoga woh chemotherapy hota hai, jo 4 se 8 cycle tak diya ja sakta hai. Radiotherapy jin marijoo mein hoti hai woh bhi again aaj kal karib 3 hafte mein puri ho jati hai jo ki pehle usme 6 se 7 hafte lagte thye, aur nahi radiation technology ke through jo side effects hai radiation ke wo kafi kam ho gaye hain. Isi prakar hormonal therapy jo hai woh yeh radiation or chemo khatam hone ke baad di jati hai jis mein sirf ek tablet hoti hai jo marijoo ko ghar pe regular istemal karna padta hai aur wo 5 se 10 saal tak use ki ja sakti hai. Ek aur important cheez yeh hai ki jo bhi cancer ke marij hote hain unko ek regular follow up pe chalna padta hai, toh ilaj pura hone ke baad har 3 mahine baad unhe apne surgeon ke pass follow up ke liye jana chahiye, jisme examination jo hai woh ek bahut important part hai. Phir uske baad kuch testing ho sakti hai jaise chhati ka x-ray hai, ultrasound hai, mammography hai, aur agar koi aur takleef hoti hai tu Bol Scan, MRI, CT ya Pet Scan bhi kiya ja sakta hai. Iske alawa breast cancer ke marijoo mein jo ek aur cheez hoti hai hum log ek jo usko promote karte hain woh hai support group ka concept, jisme breast cancer ke survival aapas mein milte hain, ek doosre se cheeze discuss karte hain aur support bhi provide kar sakte hain aur isse unki jo future life hai wo kafi better rehti hai. Toh mein yahi kahunga ke cancer se aapko waise bhi nahi darna chahiye aur breast cancer ke jo aaj ke din success rate hai wo bahut hi acchi hai toh bina darre janch karaye aur apna ilaj pura kare.
Dhanyavad, Thank you.