Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rahul Kapahi
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Ear Pain
Treatment of Sneezing
Treatment of Sinusitis
Treatment of Mouth Sores
Treatment of Flu
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Coughing Treatment & Management
Treatment of Hearing Loss
Treatment of Sore Throat
Treatment of Blocked Nose
Treatment of Snoring
Treatment of Stammering
Treatment of Nose Bleed
Treatment of Tinnitus
Treatment of Vertigo
Treatment of Nose Infection
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Glue Ear
Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul KapahiYour feedback matters!
I have phlegm in my throat since one year. I consult ent regarding this issue, but I didn't get satisfactory response. What should I do now. Iam 27 year old male.
I am 43 years old male. Just I want to know that which ear drop can I use for regular cleaning of my ear at myself.
I used to snore at night and this started few days ago, I do not know why it is happening. I have become a little fat is this because it. Please help me .
I have rough throat and flowing nose from yesterday and more constipation with gas what is happening with me and what are the precautions I should take?
M having a sore throat from several days. Recently I had a bad exercise n my neck n shoulders were paining d next day. I knew. D reason. Bt since d next day. M experiencing swollen glands on d lateral sides of neck. Tonsils I know bt these are not tonsils. Pains real bad. M not able to understand who to consult an ENT specialist .an orthopedic or a physician. please help.
I am 29 year old female, I have permanent voice like mera gala beta ho (infected throat) is there any way I can improve my voice so it comes clean if I speak loudly I have pain in my throat.
Can you suggest me the food which I should take having thyroid from 4 year and sinusitis since 15 year. Please.
I am 53 yesrd old male havingver severe throat congestion quite freauently for more than a year. I use to get soar throat and uncontrollable cough more often. Some fluid / flum comming from sinus such as nasal dripping use to get collected wiyhout going into food pipe, which in turn irritate the throat leading to soar throat condition. If I take some antibiotic and anti allergic meficine the problem will subside for a week. Once I stop the medicines it will recurr. Some times when I forcefully spit the flum alongwith saliva ( green in colour) I get blood in the spittedflum. The troat swap test done so far has no negative signs. When I was 15 yrs old one ENT doctor told that I have ceptal deviatiln lf bones. Even fro childhod I cannot drink cold drinks ice creams and even normal tap waterad I ude to get throat infection if do so. Hence I request u to suggest the coursr og treatment I should take to get rif of this problem permanently.
I have throat pain while I am swallowing any food. I am suffering this from past 1 week. Pls suggest me medicines. Thanks.
I am 28 years old men. I have a small hole in ear membrain. Is there any solution for this? other then oeration.
Sinuses are cavities in our skull behind the nose which spread out in a pattern. These cavities are lined with tissues and mucosal membranes and are essential for our breathing process. Sinusitis is a condition where the tissues within the cavities become inflamed which results in the sinus cavities being blocked due to a buildup of fluid.
What are the conditions that can lead to sinusitis?
Some of the conditions that can cause nasal polyps are explained as follows:
- Nasal polyps are small growths of tissue within the lining of the nose which may block the sinuses, resulting in sinusitis.
- Common cold is also a culprit which may result in sinusitis
- If your septum or the bridge between the holes of the nose is deviated (this condition is referred to as a deviated septum), you may be prone to developing sinusitis.
- The lining of the nose may swell in a condition known as allergic rhinitis and cause sinusitis as well.
Types of sinusitis
There are multiple types of sinusitis which may affect people and also on how long they last. The various types of sinusitis are explained below:
- Acute sinusitis: This is the most common form of sinusitis that lasts usually between 2 to 4 weeks. It starts with a cold, blocked nose and turns into facial pain that usually starts very suddenly.
- Chronic sinusitis: This is a form of sinus infection which can have a debilitating effect on your life and may last for 12 weeks or longer.
- Sub-acute sinusitis: This is somewhere between acute and chronic sinusitis and may last from anywhere between 4 to 12 weeks.
- Recurrent sinusitis: This form of sinus infections tend to be a variation of acute or sub-acute sinusitis which tends to occur multiple times a year.
Symptoms of sinusitis
The manifestation of the symptoms of sinusitis may be different from person to person and also on the type of sinusitis you are suffering from. However, there are some generic symptoms that are common to all forms which are mentioned as follows:
- Smelling senses may be dulled
- Facial pain
- Congestion accompanied by a cough
- Nose may be blocked, stuffy and may also be runny
- Other symptoms may also include bad breath, fatigue, or even dental pain
- Nasal cavity may have pus and it may drain from time to time
It is best to consult a doctor quickly, if you have been having any of these symptoms. The doctor can prescribe nasal decongestants and antibiotics which can help. If you have chronic or recurrent sinusitis, then more aggressive and advanced treatments may be required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.