Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul GoswamiYour feedback matters!
I am scared of dental treatment every time I plan n later I cancel it. Is there any other way where I can cure my dental problems. I've heard it's really painful n scary too.
Hello sir, A bad smell comes from my mouth what can I do? I does not smoke & drink also. Please help me to get rid of this.
Hello doctor, I'm alka 21 years old and I have some dental problems, which is like I feel pain only sometimes in my wisdom teeth not always and it was just mild pain not that severe and it's gone after sometimes then again repeat so can you please suggest what should I do. I'm worried. Thanks.
Sir aapne jo daat thik kiya tha. Woh acha hai per uske baju wale me jo sadan tha woh dard hota hai. Uska cement bharne se ho jayega thik?
I am 26 years old. I have couple of blisters- looks like little mouth ulcers with bump under my foreskin. It's been there for 3 years or so. I don't feel any pain. I haven't had any sexual contact ever. Is this any kind of infection? I am concerned about it. Please help me.
I am 21 years old. I have a gap in between the front incisors and near the canines. I want to fix my teeth with braces or any other method so that I can get a perfect smile, but as I am a student I do not think I can spend too much on the medication. Doctor please help me in fixing without spending a lot of money. Thank you.
How to remove tobacco and pan masala spot from my teeth, my teeth get yellowish. I have pain in some tooth, before chewing pan masala my mouth was opened fully, but this time closing why? Can I get fully open mouth as like before? Is it painful treatment?
Though it may be very common, spitting out blood while brushing, however little, is not normal. Bleeding gums can be an early sign of gum diseases like gingivitis and periodontal disease and hence should never be ignored. It can also be a symptom of scurvy. Plaque, when accumulated over time can lead to the inflammation of gums. Vigorous brushing or flossing over these inflamed gums can make them bleed.
Other causes for bleeding gums can include:
- Vitamin deficiency
- Blood thinners
- Mouth sores
- Bleeding disorders
- Hormonal changes
- And, health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and leukemia
Regular dental checkups are essential to maintain healthy gums. A tooth clean up will rid your mouth of plaque and tartar that cause gum infections. Apart from that, here are a few things you can do at home.
- Eat a healthy diet: Avoiding excessive sugar can help keep your gums and teeth healthier. Replace this sugar with a diet rich in vegetables and fruits. This gives your gums the necessary nutrients. Chewing raw vegetables can also improve blood circulation in your gums and can help treat bleeding gums. Boosting your intake of vitamin A, C, calcium and magnesium can also keep your gums healthy.
- Dental routine: Brushing and flossing regularly are crucial to good dental health. This removes harmful bacteria that trigger dental infections. Make it a habit to brush and floss at least twice a day. The way you brush also makes a difference. Brush both sides of your teeth in an upwards and downwards movement instead of going from side to side. Also pay attention to the condition of your toothbrush. Change your toothbrush every six months and pick a soft or medium bristled toothbrush instead of firm bristled toothbrushes. Hard brushes can damage the soft tissues inside your mouth. Also, make it a habit to rinse your mouth with mouthwash after every meal. Alternatively, you could use a weak saline solution or hydrogen peroxide.
- Manage stress: Even your gums are affected by stress. Stress increases inflammation that causes bleeding and reduces the immune system's capability to fight infections. Studies have also shown a direct relationship between stress and the build up of plaque. Stress can also make it harder for you to maintain a healthy lifestyle and good dental habits.
- Stop sharing: Bleeding gums is a communicable infection. To protect yourself from bleeding gums, do not share things like glasses, cutlery etc. sharing toothbrushes should always be considered as a taboo.