Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rahul
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. RahulYour feedback matters!
My doctor (gastroenterologist) prescribed me colospa (mebeverine) 135 mg for 3 month. I am taking it from 1 month. But now I am facing lot of dizziness and indigestion. I am taking fluoxetine 40 mg also for anxiety disorder along with obsession. What should be done.
I am 26 years old , suffering from sinusitis I am having ayurvedic treatment is it useful to cure or will have to go for surgery? As its been 1 month while having ayurvedic medication.
I always get throat infection, cold and voice fall. I have been taking antibiotics for a long time, still it continues. I get mucas lower the throat, I cannot speak, it chokes me, my voice falls. If I try to speak forcefully there is a diffrent voice. Pl advise,
Hi, Something stuck in throat feeling since 6-8 weeks. Sometimes Blood in morning during brush. ENT doctors says it is sinusitis. Is there something else or sinusitis can cause this?
Hi, I am 51 years old I frequently get back pain. I work as a steno in my office for 8 hours. Right now I am suffering from fever, running nose, throat infection. Please provide me an proper solution.!
I have sore throat from past one week. Whenever I eat oily, spicy or chilled food, my throat becomes sore. N it lasts for long time. Kindly advise what can I do to get rid of it. Is there any home remedy?
I am suffering from esphagitis grade a and taken few medicine to suppress the acid reflux. But along with that I am having sore throat since last 4-5 months. Please my doctor says that I don' t have any issue in throat but I am still feeling pain and sore throat. Please please advice what could be the reason of the throat pain. Thanks in advance.
What is Sinusitis?
For those of you who do not know what Sinusitis is, it is the inflammation or swelling of the sinus tissues which are hollow spaces in between the bones around the nose. The sinuses are healthy when there is constant flow in the air but when the portion gets blocked it fills with bacteria and viruses. This causes mucus and other unhealthy elements to remain blocked inside the nose.
The symptoms of sinusitis are common and not critical or dangerous in nature. Over 40 million people get affected by this common disease every year.
- Swelling or inflammation inside the nose because of a mild fever or common cold can cause the sinuses to get blocked and result to sinusitis.
- If the drainage ducts inside, the nose gets blocked the health passage of air gets halted or disrupted.
- A runny nose with a constant flow of water and the nose might also get blocked by pus inside.
- Structural problems inside the nose which may lead to the narrowing of the nasal tract through which the air passes and comes back.
- Deficiency in the immune system can lead to such a problem.
- Allergies are also a common contributor to the cause of sinusitis because the nasal chamber gets blocked in the result.
Treating a condition of sinusitis is very common. Let us have a look :
- The first thing which a doctor will prescribe you is an antibiotic doze of 7-8 days, which will help you to fight the blocked bacterias and viruses.
- Warm compresses will help the nasal cavity to remain warm and wet, keeping it clean from pus and germs. Thus clearing the way for healthy inhaling of air.
- Saline nose drops are also used to clear out the blockage in the nose and fight the germs building inside the sinuses.
- Sometimes surgeries are also performed when no other medications work properly. It helps to widen the natural pathway which helps in draining between the sinuses and nose, resulting in the congested mucus to come out and again start a fresh process of taking air in.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!