Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. RahulYour feedback matters!
I am 65 years old and have ringing sound in my right ear, with loss of hearing. My MRI of brain is normal and OK. This is for last 14 months. My left ear is normal. My BP is 170/90 . Pl suggest homeopathic remedy. Thanks.
I am 21 year female. I ate hotdog 3 days ago. And after one hour I felt pain in my throat. When I checked my throat I found white patches on my left side tonsil. And I felt swelling in my throat. And next day one ulcer appeared on my lip and 2 ulcers in mouth wall. And my gums are also swollen. and I found some whitish thing in my lower teeth gums. When I brushed in morning I felt so much pain my gums. And when I am eating anything I am having pain in my teeth also. And fever goes when I take rest or sleep. And come again after some time. And today is third day but pain in is less now. What should I do?
I have been suffering from snoring since few years but it has been became very severe since past 2 or 3 months. It has become a problem for me and my family members. Please give valuable advice on this.
My wife is 30 years old and having problem of vertigo what precautions she should take and which medicine she should take.
I have tinnitus (buzzing noise in the ears) for the last 4 years which is very disturbing. Showed many ENT. But no help. Please suggest.
My wife is having cough, cold, sore throat (burning sensation) and fatigue. Just want to confirm if its viral or dengue or something else? What medicines to take? Please tell me.
Hii! Sir I am facing problem of breathing .one of my nose is one week block totally and one of it is okk. Its feel as if my one ear throw air. I shown different doctors but they says my ear is fine but I know it is creating problem in hearing As as well in breathing. Please help me?
I feel frequently something is there inside my left ear from last 1 week but I removed all dust using a spatula and now practically nothing is inside the ear and its clean but still am feeling something inside. That irritates a lot. What may be the reason and how to cure it.
I feel a sharp pain in my head, just behind the top of my ear. The pain remains temporary for a few seconds and goes away. And happens once or twice a day or two.
I am 25 year male. I have throat problem. The throat frequently produces cough but I do not have a coughing problem. For the time being it is not giving me problem but I think after some time it can! thats why I want to know what exactly is my problem and how can I come out of it?
Hello sir. I am suffering from sinusitis since childhood. I can't even breathe properly. Due to the blocking of my nasal cavity. In winter it I too high. Please specify the best treatment for this problem. I am still 19. I don't want to undergo any surgery. Even my nose is swollen because of that.
I am having fever from few days. And I am not getting proper sleep. And my throat has sword. So please give me some advice.
Nose bleeding happens because of presence of large amount of blood vessels in the nose and the reasons for nose bleeding are nose picking, low levels of Vitamin K, colds and allergies and nose membrane getting dry along with so many other reasons. But there are ways with the help of which it can be prevented and stopped.
Let’s first learn how it can be instantly stopped.
1. Sit comfortably: When your nose starts bleeding, you should sit in a comfortable position. Do not stand or lie down because in these positions, blood may pass on to your throat which could be harmful. Tilt your face forward and let a piece of cloth soak in all the blood.
2. Hold the nose: During nose bleeding, one should hold and pinch the nose for at least 10 minutes continuously. If it still doesn’t stop bleeding then hold it for 5-7 minutes more. Holding or pinching the nose is necessary because bleeding can stop if direct pressure is put on nose for a longer time.
3. Apply ice: Applying ice can be a great way of instantly stopping nose bleeding. Ice usually compresses and tightens the blood vessels because of which bleeding stops. Ice should preferably be applied on cheeks and nose. Alternatively, you can keep the ice in your mouth also for short intervals.
Nose bleeding can be prevented by taking the following measures :
1. Elevate the nose while resting. Take 2-3 pillows while sleeping.
2. Do not blow or scratch your nose forcefully.
3. Keep your blood pressure in control because it will help in preventing nose-bleeding to a great extent.
4. Avoid smoking because it delays the healing process.
5. Make sure the room you sleep in isn’t dry. Keep a check on humidity of your room.
6. Need to take special care in winters because the nose membrane gets dry mostly in winters.
7. Drink plenty of water and citrus food to keep your nose moist and avoid milk, wheat and fried food.
8. Do not overuse cold and allergy medicines.
Last week my son 4 and a half year old had an ear pain so took him to doc he said ear infection (given amoxicillin) told to bring him for cleaning wax then he said ear has fluid need to take it out gave a cetrizine syrup told to come after 10 days if the fluid is still there need to do microsurgery. Should I take a second opinion.
Perichondritis is an infection that occurs in the tissues surrounding the cartilage of the outer ear which provide nourishment to the cartilage. It is also known as auricular Perichondritis. In some cases, the immune system of the body may turn dysfunctional and start to destroy these tissues. Such a medical condition is then known as relapsing Perichondritis.
It is usually caused when the tissues experience trauma. Certain causes are:
1. It may occur after a surgery due to surgical trauma
2. Certain sports injuries
3. Ear piercing increases the risk of this infection
4. Any burn, laceration and cuts around the outer ear
5. If you have untreated ear condition such as swimmer’s ear (infection in the outer canal of the ear)
The symptoms of Perichondritis are:
1. You may experience swelling and redness in the affected area
2. You may have a fever
3. Pus may develop in the affected area
4. In some cases, the ear structure may be deformed
In addition to the above symptoms, relapsing Perichondritis may cause hearing loss, sudden weight loss, pain in your muscles and complications in your respiratory system.
The treatment of Perichondritis usually involves antibiotics. Antibiotics are administered depending on the severity of the symptoms. If there is trapped pus involved, then surgery may be required to treat the condition. An incision is made in the affected area and then the pus is drained out. If the infection is extremely severe resulting in deformity of the ear, then parts of the ear might have to be amputated. Plastic surgery may also be used to correct the shape of the ear.
In case of relapsing Perichondritis, certain steroid medications are administered to suppress the immune system to prevent it from attacking the tissues. There are some preventive measures, which you can employ to avoid Perichondritis. Avoid piercing your ear to reduce chances of contracting this infection. Also, if you have conditions such as swimmer’s ear, then make sure it is treated at the earliest. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ent-specialist.