Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul ChachwaniYour feedback matters!
My eyesight is weak and wearing glasses for three years. What should I have to do for betterment of my eyes?
My left eye blinks continuously from the past 3days I would like to have a solution for this if possible.
What are the future implications for high uric acid content in blood. The person is friend who is having sedentary life, desk job, is obese and eats meat. He is currently not thinking about this high uric acid thing in a big way. The implications it may bring can be a eye opener for him.
My question is that how we can care for our eyes and which food is better for our eyes and which food is harmful for our eyes. How we can judge that which activity is better for protection of our eye?
Hello sir How are you I am find and hope the same with you my sister has several eye pain redness in her eyes and water always flow wIthaca his eyes what should he should do.
Mam, I'm having sleeping disorder since 3 years. And I'm fleeing very much bad. Likes. Head paining, eyes paining, feeling weak, not getting instead in studies and etc. And also than. When someone talks with me, I can't feel to free answers. Frequently getting angry. And upset. So. How I will recover it soon. Please help me.
I am 20 yrs old as i am a engineer needs to spend lot of time infront of system feeling severe headache all the time suggest me the medicine. i am a girl of -3 as sight.
I am a 22 years old girl. A college student. I am having continuous itching and redness problem in my eyes from last 2 years. I hav been using several eye drops but no effect! Can you plzz help me with this?
I have vitreous hemorrhage in my left eye. I cannot seen anything with this eye. There are blood in my eye gel. please guide me what treatment I should take.
I have itchiness in my eyes since last 20-25 days, m 23 years old man, with no past history of any eye disorder. Tell me what should I do.
HiI am 31 years old male. I have -4.50 power in both the eyes. I use both specs and lens too. My concern is I normally have to spend 10 hours a day sitting in front of computer due to the nature of work. When I wear specs, the picture/data on the screen looks little bit smaller compare to lens. Is it expected or not. I prefer lens. Can I continue using lens instead of specs? Or will there be any short term or long term problem using lens. Thanks.
I have red eyes. And head hurts a lot when I see bright light. I use mobile so much. Do mobile light is affecting my eyes? Or its only some problem?
Sight is one of our most important senses. To ensure that your vision is not compromised, regular eye examinations are essential. This is regardless of age and overall health because the only way to diagnose conditions in the eye in the early stages is with a comprehensive eye exam. By arresting them in the early stages, many eye disorders can be easily controlled and treated.
During a routine eye examination, the doctor will look into a number of aspects of your eye's health. An eye examination can also indicate serious health issues like diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma. Some of the conditions an eye doctor looks for during an eye exam are:
- Refractive error: If you already have a prescription this will be checked. In other cases, the strength of the eye muscles is checked for near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism which can be corrected with lasik surgery, spectacles or lenses. The earlier a refractive error is corrected, the lower are its chances of increasing. When it comes to children, they often do not realize signs of vision deterioration and hence, an eye examination becomes essential.
- Amblyopia: This is a condition where one eye has a much higher refractive error than the other or where the eyes are misaligned. If this is not treated in time, amblyopia can stunt vision in the affected eye and result in blindness.
- Strabismus: Crossed or turned eyes are termed as cases of strabismus. This is caused by the misalignment of the eyes and can cause problems with depth perception. This can lead to amblyopia and eventual blindness if not treated in time.
- Focusing and communicative problems between the eyes: An eye examination can also determine problems with focusing on objects. With children this can be a sign of underdeveloped focusing skills while in adults it can be a symptom of presbyopia or age related diminished focusing ability. Your doctor will also check how well your eyes work together. If they do not work in tandem, it can cause headaches, eye strains and problems with reading.
- Diseases: By looking at the blood vessels and retina of the eyes, doctors can detect signs of high blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Leaks in the blood vessels or bleeding in the eyes can also be a sign of diabetes or swelling of the macula.
- Age related conditions: As with the rest of the body, the eye tissues and muscles also degenerate with time. Cataract is one of the most common age related issues that affect the eyes.