Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Regular itching in eyes though not much difficulty in eyesight; suffering chronic Allergic Rhinitis / Bronchitis, I do take SOS LCZ or LIT-M, apart from Thyronorm-75 for managing hypothyroidism; I do suffer from urte- care, occasionally;
Hello sir, pls suggest me the treatment for eye floaters, white circles appear in the bright light.Please tell.
I am 20 years old and I feel pain in my eyes in sunlight I can not see clearly in sunlight what should I do.
I am 22 year male, I have red eyes from two days what can I do, please suggest me some best tricks or medicine.
I have eyes flue for 3 days what should I do. Please tell me some medicine so I can get some relief.
Why we stress when having sex? Did you know? You can answer this question then reply me at this number. Plz.
My mind remain awake much more than required. It keeps on working during night as if I am watching a video. Though my body is in sleep mode but my mind is continuously watching and answering someone as if someone is asking me to answer. What kind of state of mind is this. To my surprise, what I see at night comes in news also. I am a spiritual person by nature but as I am getting older I am feeling as potential have all gone in vain. Please help me.
I am suffering from Glaucoma from last 7 years and I have gone through three operation on my Right eye due to Retina Detachment. Now my question is there have possibility of replacement of retina and can glaucoma occur in my left eye? I am scared about it. Cause from last 3-4 years I am seeing some lines are floating in front of my vision but four month ago I have visited Vasan Eye Care Chennai and the doctor told me that my left eye is healthy and there is no problem in it. But those lines disturb me a lot. Need a proper advise Doctor. What should I do now?
Dear Doctor, I am 41 year old and working in a bank. I used to work on computer desk for around 7-8 hours in a day. My eyes feels redness and keep swallowed some time. Also my sleeping habits are changed. I get sleep normally after 12 in the night and wake up around 8 am in the morning. Please suggest me some special exercise.
I am wearing spectacles from seven years.. My power is -3.22. Is there any permanent solution to remove specs.
I usually get a black screen in front of my eyes and start falling down. But after I eat my breakfast its all gone.
I am 18 year old boy I want to reduce my eyesight power with using reasonable remedies. What should I do to reduce my eyesight problem.
I am 39 years old and I am having eye problems since 2 year. Sometimes I am having severe head pain also. Please tell what should I do?
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient.