Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Radiologists in India. You will find Radiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Radiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ragahw Aggarwal
Diagnostic X- Ray
Bone Densitometry Procedure
Uterine Artery Embolization
Interventional Diagnostic Procedures
Angiography Radial Approach
Submit a review for Dr. Ragahw AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Treatment for breast cancer depends on the type of cancer, hormone sensitivity, size, grade and stage of cancer. A doctor considers the overall health of the patient and the patient’s individual preference before recommending a treatment plan. While there are many treatments options available for breast cancer, surgery is by far the most popular option for most patients. Along with surgery, some other treatments that a patient undergoes include radiation, chemotherapy and hormonal therapy.
- Lumpectomy: This is a procedure wherein the surgeon cuts the tumour and removes some of the surrounding healthy tissue in order to ensure that cancer does not spread to the healthy cells after the surgery. This procedure is applicable for small tumours.
- Mastectomy: This is a procedure in which all tissues of the breast are removed. This includes lobules, fatty tissue, ducts, areola, and nipple. In a skin-sparing mastectomy, all of the breast skin, except the nipple and the areola, is preserved, which makes the reconstruction process easier.
- Sentinel node biopsy: Since the sentinel lymph nodes are the first place that cancer is likely to spread, a doctor might suggest a sentinel node biopsy if cancer has spread to the lymph nodes. If no trace of a cancer cell is found in the nodes, it is unlikely that any more nodes need to be removed.
- Removal of breasts: Many women who have cancer in one breast often choose to remove both the breasts in order to avoid the risk of cancer spreading. While a family history of breast cancer can greatly increase the chance of breast cancer in a woman, statistics show that most women who have cancer in one breast do not develop cancer in the other one.
- Radiation: This is a process where a high-powered beam of energy is directed at the cancer cells to kill them. This method is often used after a lumpectomy. Radiations are of two types—external beam and brachytherapy. Some side effects of this treatment include fatigue, hair fall, loss of appetite and rashes.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is the treatment of cancer by cytotoxic and other drugs. This is often recommended by doctors when there is a good chance of the cancer cells spreading to other locations of the body. This form of treatment is often recommended before the surgery to shrink a tumour or restrict the growth of cells.
- Hormone therapy: Hormonal therapy is used to treat cancers that have hormonal sensitivity. They can be used before or after the surgery in order to ensure that cancer does not reoccur. Some of the treatment methods in this section include medication that restricts hormones from getting attached to the cancer cells, medications that restrict the body to produce oestrogen post-menopause and a medication that destroys cancer receptors.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello, I am Dr Gaurav. I am senior Physiotherapist and HOD in Anaath Clinic. I have worked in different multi speciality Hospitals and and clinic before. I have around 10 years of experience. I this time, I have seen many kinds of cases. Today, I will discuss Spinal cord injury.
In Spinal cord Injury, patients generally do not go to Physiotherapist for a longer duration or they just go for few days in the starting injury phase. At that time they are not able to walk or depending upon their level of injury and everything. They might not able to take care of themselves also. But here we try to make them independent as much as they can to help them move their body accordingly. We try to make them stand. We try to focus on their sitting and their walking also. So, it will be more of the confidence increasing for those kinds of patients.
We generally prescribe patients to do movements and increase their strength and motivations. In this condition, if they do not move, there might be different kinds of serious problems like bed su, the stiffness of the joints which will again lead to major issues which will hinder their improvement and progress. So, we prescribe our patients to move as much as they can to help them and gain their mobility soon.
In our clinic, we are just not focusing to maintain the range of motion in their body. We focus to make them motivated, to help gain them the confidence so that they will be able to do their own work.
For any query or treatment, you can contact me through Lybrate.
I am suffering from slip disc. Its been more than 4 months now. I have sciatica nerve pain as well. Taking homeopathic treatment from last one month. I still have pain. I can notice swelling on my left hip. Please suggest.
I have a slip disc problem month ago. Now the pain has gone ,but there some stretch in my leg and I also feel less strength like I have before the episode .so now I planning to go for a gym for aerobic exercise and cycling because I feel to loss my wait. Therefore please answer that I can go for gym, swimming,or cycling or not?
Lung malignancy. Lung malignancy is a sort of growth that starts in the lungs. Your lungs need aid two light organs over your midsection that take in oxygen at you breathe in furthermore arrival carbon dioxide at you breathe out.
Lung malignancy will be those heading reason for disease passing in the united states, around both men and ladies. Lung malignancy asserts a greater amount exists every year over would colon, prostate, ovarian also breast growths consolidated.
Individuals who smoke bring those best danger for lung cancer, in spite of lung malignancy might likewise happen on people who need never smoked haddock. That danger of lung malignancy builds with that period about period also amount of smokes you've smoked haddock. Though you stop smoking, much after smoking auto to large portions years, you cam-wood altogether lessen your possibilities about creating lung malignancy.
Indications. Lung malignancy commonly doesn't cause indications furthermore side effects done its soonest phases. Indications what're more indications of lung malignancy commonly happen just when the ailment will be propelled.
Indications and indications of lung malignancy might include. • another hack that doesn't try out. • hacking up blood, significantly a little sum. • shortness of breath. • midsection torment. • roughness. • losing weight without attempting. • bone agony. • cerebral pain. The point when will view a specialist. Aggravate an arrangement with your specialist though you have any persistency indications alternately indications that stress you.
Assuming that you smoke also have been unabated to quit, settle on an arrangement with your specialist. Your specialist could suggest methodologies for quitting smoking, for example, counseling, medications and nicotine reinstatement items.
Makes. Smoking auto makes the lion's share about lung growths — both on smokers furthermore clinched alongside individuals presented should use smoke. However, lung malignancy also happens done people who never smoked haddock and over the individuals who never required prolonged presentation will use smoke. On these cases, there might a chance to be no reasonable reason for lung malignancy.
How smoking auto reasons lung malignancy. Doctors trust smoking auto reasons lung malignancy toward harming the phones that line those lungs. The point when you breathe in smoke, which will be full for cancer-causing substances (carcinogens), transforms in the lung tissue start just about promptly.
From the beginning your figure might have the capacity with repair shed this harm. Be that for each repeater exposure, typical units that transport your lungs would progressively harm. In time, those harm makes phones with go about abnormally and in the end malignancy might create.
Sorts from claiming lung malignancy. Doctors separate lung malignancy under two major sorts in view of that manifestation from claiming lung malignancy phones under the magnifying instrument. Your specialist makes medication choices dependent upon which significant sort from claiming lung malignancy you have.
Those two general sorts about lung malignancy include. •
Little cell lung malignancy. Little cell lung malignancy happens very nearly only in overwhelming smokers also may be lesquerella basic over non-small cell lung malignancy.
• non-small cell lung malignancy. Non-small cell lung malignancy is an umbrageous haul to a few sorts about lung tumors that act over a comparative manner. Non-small cell lung growths incorporate squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma and expansive cell carcinoma.
Danger figures. A number from claiming components might expand your danger for lung malignancy. A portion danger figures could a chance to be controlled, to instance, toward quitting smoking auto. What's more different elements can't make controlled, for example, your family history.
Danger figures for lung malignancy include. • smoking auto. Your hazard from claiming lung malignancy increments with those amount of smokes you smoke every day and the amount of a long time you have smoked haddock. Quitting toward at whatever period camwood altogether bring down your danger for creating lung malignancy.
• purposes of presentation will use smoke. Regardless of you don't smoke, your danger about lung malignancy builds on you're laid open on used smoke.
• presentation should radon gas. Radon is transformed eventually tom's perusing those common breakdown of uranium on soil, rock and water that inevitably gets to be and only those air you relax. Perilous levels for radon might gather clinched alongside any building, including homes.
• purposes of presentation should asbestos also other carcinogens. Work environment purposes of presentation will asbestos furthermore different substances are known should result in disease — for example, arsenic, chromium also nickel — likewise could increment your hazard about creating lung cancer, particularly though you're a smokescreen.
• family history of lung malignancy. People for a parent, kin alternately kid for lung malignancy have an expanded hazard of the sickness.
Difficulties. Lung malignancy cam-wood cause complications, for example. • shortness of breath. People for lung malignancy might encounter shortness of breath if tumor grows with square the real aviation routes. Lung malignancy might likewise cause liquid with gather around the lungs, making it harder for the influenced lung to extend completely when you breathe in.
• hacking up blood. Lung malignancy camwood cause dying in the airway, which could reason you with hack up blood (hemoptysis). Now and then dying might turn extreme. Medicines are accessible with control dying.
• torment. Propelled lung malignancy that spreads of the lining of a lung alternately should an additional territory of the body, for example, such that a bone, camwood reason torment. Let your specialist though you knowledge pain, similarly as huge numbers medicines are accessible on control agony.
• liquid in the midsection (pleural effusion). Lung malignancy might cause liquid on gather in the space that surrounds those influenced lung in the midsection cavity (pleural space).
Liquid collecting in the midsection camwood cause shortness of breath. Medicines need aid accessible will channel those liquid starting with your midsection and diminish the hazard that pleural radiation will happen once more.
• malignancy that spreads on different parts of the physique (metastasis). Lung malignancy regularly spreads (metastasizes) to other parts of the body, for example, that cerebrum and the bones.
Tumor that spreads might result in pain, nausea, headaches, alternately different indications also side effects relying upon what organ will be influenced. When lung malignancy need spread past the lungs, it's by and large not reparable. Medicines would accessible should diminish indications what's more manifestations and help you carry on with more.
Aversion. There's no beyond any doubt manner with keep lung cancer, yet all you might lessen your danger assuming that you. • don't smoke. On you've never smoked, don't start. Converse with your know youngsters around not smoking auto so that they could see how will dodge this real hazard component to lung malignancy. Start discussions over the dangers of smoking auto for your youngsters punctual something like that that they think how will respond on companion weight.
• prevent smoking auto. Stop smoking auto right away. Quitting lessens your danger for lung cancer, regardless of you've smoked haddock to quite some time. Converse with your specialist over methodologies furthermore stop-smoking helps that cam-wood help you stop. Choices incorporate nicotine substitution cost products, medications what's more help supportive networks.
• evade used smoke. Assuming that you carry on with alternately fill in for a smoker, urge him or her to stop. During those thick, as least, solicit him alternately her should smoke outside. Evade territories the place people smoke, for example, such that bars what's more restaurants, and search out without smoke smoked alternatives.
• test your home to radon. Need those radon levels previously, your home checked, particularly assuming that you live in a territory the place radon is known on be an issue. Secondary radon levels cam-wood make cured with aggravate your home safer. For majority of the data on radon testing, contact your neighborhood office of government-funded well being or a nearby part of the American lung affiliation.
• stay away from carcinogens at work. Take precautions to protect yourself starting with purposes of presentation should dangerous chemicals at work. Take after your employer's precautions. To instance, in you're provided for a face veil to protection, generally wear it. Solicit your specialist what more you might to ensure yourself at work. Your danger from claiming lung harm from working environment carcinogens increments on your smoke.
• consume an eating regimen full of products of the soil. Pick a sound diet with an assortment of products of the soil. Sustenance wellsprings of vitamins what's more supplements are best. Stay away from taking vast doses from claiming vitamins over pill form, as they might a chance to be destructive. For instance, analysts planning to decrease those hazard for lung malignancy over overwhelming smokers provided for them beta-carotene supplements. Comes about demonstrated those supplements really expanded the danger from claiming growth done smokers.
• practice large portion days of the week. Assuming that you don't practice regularly, begin gradually. Attempt should practice the greater part days of the week.
One of my female frnd had some pain in breast. She thinks becoz of a fall in childhood. It does not pain now. But one of the breast is smaller than other. She is scared of breast cancer. Just married and not a mom. Please suggest. Age 20.
The thought of going under the knife to treat your spine problem may give rise to a range of emotions; make you ponder over a number of things such as the recovery period, procedure and techniques involved and so on. Nonetheless, before opting for the surgery, there are certain points that you should go over and these are:
- Be well aware of the cause of your pain - Identifying the cause that is behind your pain is vital in order to decide whether the surgery is going to prove beneficial in the long run or not. If the cause is not identified as the right one, the surgery may prove futile and you may not get the pain relief that you're looking for.
- Gather detailed information about your spine surgeon - Before visiting the spine surgeon, you should collect detailed information about the specialist so as to be able to come up with appropriate questions concerning the surgery. From questions concerning about the surgeon's success and complication rates, numbers of surgeries performed to qualifications of the surgeon, these and much more should be part of your evaluation process.
- Prepare yourself before a consultation - It's good to prepare yourself before a medical consultation. Whether it's researching about the surgery and your condition or being well aware of your family's medical history, or details about the pain that you experience, or your expectations from the surgery, every aspect should be covered so that you derive the maximum benefit from your meeting.
- Carry out your own research - Carrying out your own research on the alternatives before opting for the surgery can put you on a better footing. It's imperative to compare the opinion put forward by the surgeon from genuine sources so that you're better able to understand the merits and demerits of the treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.