Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Radhika A (Md)
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Increasing Height Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Depression
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Allergy & related Disorders
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Chest Pain
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment of Neck Pain
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Migraine
Treatment of Asthma
Submit a review for Dr. Radhika A (Md)Your feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Radhika A (Md) Reviews
EXCELLENT SERVICE, GREAT PRICE, AND VERY GOOD TREATMENT. BEST OF LUCK
Very friendly and understands the problem well before treatment
very nice, polite and very knowledgeable.
Dr Samuel Kishore
Good. Knowledgable. She knows her job.
Dr. Radhika A (Md) Feeds
Arthritis is among the most common ailments that afflict a large section of the population, especially comprising the age groups of beyond 40 years. Acute joint pains, difficulties in movement and weakened bones are among the most common symptoms of arthritis. Given that it is a condition that has permeated modern life so deeply and that it has also caused a lot of unwanted hindrance to your normal activities, arthritis is one of the feared illnesses of our times. It is true that a fair amount of research has been dedicated towards finding a viable cure for arthritis and many have in fact proven to be effective, but most of these drugs come with their own baggage of side effects. Thus, many of us seek a more natural and lasting healing option that not only soothes the pain but restores our health from within.
Over the recent years, acupuncture has gained a lot of steam as an effective and comprehensive therapy for a wide range of diseases. Among the others, joint ailments and arthritis are prominent diseases that have been comprehensively minimized by benefits reaped out of acupuncture.
Acupuncture believes that the health boosting energy flows through your body through strategic pressure points and by stimulating spasms and afflicted muscles through insertion of tiny needles into the skin, pain can be adequately diminished. Acupuncture also ebbs the harmful side effects that anti-inflammatory drugs and painkillers cause.
Some of the obvious benefits of acupuncture could be enlisted as follows :
Alternative to Surgeries - On several occasions, on account of the failure of the usual drug therapy, you may opt for joint replacement surgeries which again usher in its own set of distresses. Acupuncture on the contrary, cures the pain by relying on your innate defense mechanisms and facilitates a natural remedy to arthritis.
- Enhances the effectiveness of the usual drugs - For those enduring chronic arthritis pains, acupuncture brings substantial relief but the treatment is long drawn. In such cases, one may choose to not discontinue the drugs and use acupuncture as a complementary therapy. Even in such cases, acupuncture is extremely helpful. It offsets the harmful effects that the drugs have on your body and boosts their impacts on the diseased parts of your body. This method has proven to be a reliable recipe for complete recovery.
Acupuncture refers to an alternative treatment procedure in which needles are pierced at certain specific points in your body known as energy lines or meridians, in the process, to treat a a health condition. Acupuncture is used to treat different kinds of health problems. Hair loss is a very distressing problem for men and women alike.
There are many causes that can be responsible for your hair loss such as:
- Using hair styling gels and other substances
- Genetic problems
- Hormonal imbalance
- Taking too many steroids
- A diet lacking sufficient amount of proteins
There are different treatment methods that can help you to deal with your problem of hair loss such as Ayurveda, homeopathy, allopathy or conventional methods and other home remedies. But if nothing works for you, you can try this alternative treatment method of acupuncture. Acupuncture offers effective remedies for combating your problem of hair loss.
The following are some of the treatment methods:
- Sometimes, needles are pierced into the energy lines or meridians of your head to improve blood circulation. Improvement in your blood circulation can reduce hair fall.
- At times acupuncture, treatment involves applying topical creams on your scalp for reducing hair fall.
- Acupuncture treatment sometimes, may include hot towel massage on your scalp. This can prevent hair loss.
- Acupuncture also works at reducing your stress as that is a major cause of hair fall.
- Since proper functioning of the kidney is also responsible for providing nourishment to your hair, acupuncture treatment also involves injecting needles at different key points on your body in order to stimulate energy release and promote kidney health.
- Acupuncture treatment also involves the use of different Chinese herbs for reducing hair fall such as Astragalus or Polygoni multiflori.
Acupuncture treatment for hair loss is definitely effective but is very time consuming. So you must be very patient throughout your treatment process to get the desired results.
Almost 8 out of 10 individuals have low back pain eventually in life. It is one of the top reasons people look for medical treatment. It is likewise the number one reported reason for acupuncture therapy.
Acupuncture started in China over 2,500 years back. It includes inserting slim needles at specific points on the body. As per traditional Chinese practices, the body has more than 2,000 of these points. They are associated by pathways or meridians, which make a stream of energy called Qi (pronounced "chee").
The impacts originate from the centre of our nervous system. Release of chemicals into the muscles, spinal rope, and cerebrum is then triggered.
- To begin with, your acupuncturist will get some information about your medical history. This will help him in exploring the various trouble giving points as avoiding those that may lead to an aggravation of the problem. Also, with this information, the acupuncturist will also be able to arrive at the exact treatment that will suit your body and system, as well as the symptoms that you may be experiencing.
- He or she will then examine your tongue's shape, shading, and covering, feel your heartbeat, and perhaps play out some extra physical examinations depending upon your health. This helps in understanding the various patterns related to sleep, exercise, diet and digestion. In keeping with these findings, the acupuncturist will then home in on the exact points that require treatment.
- Keeping the aforementioned in mind, he/she will then appoint the appropriate treatment plan to address your specific condition.
- To start the needle therapy treatment, you lay easily on a treatment table while exact acupoints are determined on different points of your back.
- Lastly, the fine needles are then tenderly set. The needles are usually sterilised and new before they are inserted.
Benefits for back pain:
- It enhances the body's self-healing process by stimulating the acupuncture points.
- Releases your body from chronic pain and specifically helps the lumbar region in better balance so that back pain is avoided.
- This method warms the body and creates a more congenial environment for pain free good health.
- Protects it against pathogens.
- Contains natural liquids. Changes those liquids into other usable types of energy for the body.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Improves sleep.
- Improves the digestive framework.
- Gives you a sense of well-being
Apart from infrequent throbbing and soreness at the acupoints, there are no such side effects if you visit an established acupuncturist. If practiced by an experienced acupuncturist, the technique is highly effective and beneficial. Additionally, acupuncture is the safest therapy for back pain.
Individuals suffering from continuous back pain have observed needle therapy to be useful. Numerous Pain Clinics now utilize needle therapy as a standard treatment.
Blood pressure problems trouble every third human being down the street; a thorough survey could affirm the aforementioned statement. While mild fluctuations can be tackled through medication, the secondary health issues triggered by high or low blood pressure can aggravate to make treatment a little problematic. Increased or decreased blood pressure levels could be indicative of underlying health problems and could also be the cause of severe ailments. Medical assistance should thus be sought at the earliest possible.
Many kinds of treatments are available at your disposal but it would indeed be wise for you to opt for an alternative branch of medicine that not only helps you regulate blood pressure in emergency situations, but also helps you maintain a level close to the optimum. Acupuncture owes its roots to traditional Chinese medicine and is a tried and tested alternative solution to the curse of increased or decreased blood pressure levels.
How is Acupuncture helpful?
- Acupuncture deals with the insertion of needles at different pressure points of your body to relieve you of pain or diseases of any kind; it is effective in controlling blood pressure levels by adjusting and re-stabilizing energy flow in your body.
- In certain cases electro-acupuncture has successfully brought down a sharp rise in blood pressure. In some other cases, this method has had side effects. Electro-acupuncture should therefore be a subjective mode of treatment.
- The changes brought about in your blood pressure after you have been monitored with Acupuncture are mostly gradual. The best part of such kind of a cure is that the gradual changes last for a very long span of time.
- Acupuncture is believed to kindle processes inside your nerves to further stimulate parts of your brain that directly control blood pressure levels. Research studies are being conducted to back up the positive effects of acupuncture with stronger arguments.
- The fact that acupuncture is a low- risk option makes it all the more viable a solution to tackle problems related to blood pressure.
Conventional medicine treats pain with the help of medications; by either blocking the transmission of pain signals in the body or by correcting the underlying problems caused by the pain in the first place. However, traditional and alternative forms of medicine such as acupuncture manage pain issues within the body through the means of redirecting disrupted energy flows. One of the very few forms of alternative treatments used in conjunction with conventional treatments, acupuncture is seen as a mercurial rise in popularity in the past few decades.
What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture dates back to ancient China, about 2500 years ago. It has been widely practiced there for a number of millennia, not only pain relief, but also for treating many ailments. Acupuncture isn’t just considered a form of therapy, but a holistic form of medicine. Acupuncture works on the principle of the flow of energy within the body, also known as ‘Qi’, in traditional Chinese medicine. Acupuncture strives to correct the disruptions in ‘Qi’ that may cause pain by manipulating over 2000 of the specific pressure points within the body with the help of specially created needles.
Where is acupuncture effective?
Acupuncture is very effective in treating a host of ailments, especially in relieving the associated pain. Some of the areas where acupuncture has proven its effectiveness are :
1. Treating nausea and vomiting caused due to chemotherapy treatment for cancer patients
2. Very useful in treating post-operative pain caused due to dental procedures
3. Rehabilitating patients who have suffered strokes
4. Fibromyalgia (musculo-skeletal pain with fatigue accompanied by sleep and memory issues)
5. Effective in combating withdrawal symptoms caused due to addiction
6. Pain from menstrual cramps
7. Tennis elbow
8. Osteoarthritis (a type of arthritis caused due to the erosion of tissues present at the ends of one’s bones)
9. Pain of the lower vertebrae within the spinal column
How does acupuncture work within the body?
According to modern medicine, the specific pressure points utilized by acupuncture within the body help in releasing chemicals that can block or at least reduce pain. It encourages the flow of chemicals from the brain, which act as nerve and pain blockers. It also helps stimulate the muscles and nerve endings, which can lessen inflammation and thus help in reducing pain.
Acupuncture is a kind of therapy that combines needles with pressure and pain points in order to delicately apply pressure for pain relief. This form of physical therapy is being increasingly recognised as an efficient method of treating pain in joints, muscles, bones and even for migraine pain. So let us find out more about Acupuncture and pain management.
* Chronic or Long Term Pain
There are many ailments that cause chronic or long term pain. These include back pain, neck pain, stiffness in the joints, osteoarthritis, headache and migraine, and pain in the shoulders. All this can be treated over a long period of time with the help of simulated acupuncture which uses pointed apparatus for activating better blood circulation for overall improvement in the pain that is being experienced in the area. The use of this apparatus helps in avoiding the harmful medication that can have adverse side effects.
A fine needle method at the right points can help in bringing down the symptoms of the painful condition called dysmenorrhoea during menstrual cycles. With acupuncture, the acupuncturist can administer acupoint therapy to relieve menstrual cramps. This will help in moving the qi, or life force, in a better way so that the pain will stop.
Over use of muscles, joints and repetitive, work related movements and strain can lead to acute pain. This includes wrist pain, shoulder pain, elbow pain, back pain, lower back pain, neck pain and even leg pain. With acupuncture, the patient gets rid of the pain in close to twelve sittings.
* Pain due to Cancer Treatment
Cancer and its treatment can take a heavy toll on the body and lead to a series of complications which also includes pain. A clean needle procedure can be followed along with the chemotherapy and radiation or after it, so as to relieve the patient of the pain experienced. Also, it can be used to replace traditional chemotherapy and radiation.
* Better Rest
When the needles or apparatus touch the pressure points and circulate the blood and life force, it actually creates a soothing effect and helps the patient sleep and get better rest. This is also a requirement for pain relief. It can bring better blood flow to the area and help in removing anxiety and stress related to pain so that there is better chance of getting rest.
With the use of acupuncture, pain can be taken care of with the needles and various tools that come in various shapes. These tools and equipment can also use laser treatment along with the point focused treatment.
Sometimes, people go to any extreme to lose weight. Fad diets are the rage nowadays. These diets usually stress on consuming only one food group over the others. This leads to severe lack of important nutrients, leading to severe imbalances in your body. Acupuncture, in tandem with Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), can do wonders for your weight loss program. Together, they try to address both psychological and physiological problems. The therapy handles issues regarding digestion, emotions, appetite, metabolism and cravings.
In TCM, malfunctions in the spleen and liver cause imbalances in the body, which lead to excessive weight gain. The spleen transforms the food we eat into Qi—the key substance of life; and the liver maintains the flow of blood and Qi. If these two are affected, then imbalances occur in the body. Thus, the focus of TCM and acupuncture lies therein.
In acupuncture, the ear is considered to be the main point in the body, with respect to weight. The ear affects other points in the body. These points are called the auricular points. Some common auricular points include:
Shen men (ear-point): to calm the mind and reduce stress
Small intestine: for spleen reinforcement and promotion of digestion
Hunger point: to subdue hunger and manage overeating
Endocrine point: activates liver Qi and helps metabolic functions
With these, a right diet should be followed as well. The food and herbs chosen for treatment aid in hunger, digestion, improving Qi, augmenting removal of toxins and waste products from the body and bettering metabolism. Step up the intake of bitter, acrid and sour foods, whereas, greasy, salty and sweet foods should be avoided.
Along with the right foods, exercise is a must. Abdominal massages can provide good stimulation.
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine can help you lose weight safely, either by itself or combined with other weight loss programs.
What is an Adjustment disorder?
An adjustment disorder is a type of stress-related mental illness. Many different events may trigger symptoms of an adjustment disorder.
Symptoms of Adjustment disorders-
- Sadness and Hopelessness
- Lack of enjoyment
- Thoughts of suicide
- Trouble sleeping
- Difficulty concentrating
- Avoiding family or friends
- Performing poorly in school or at work
- Feeling overwhelmed
Causes of Adjustment disorders-
The cause is complex and may involve genetics, your life experiences, your temperament and even changes in the natural chemicals in the brain.
Risk factors of Adjustment disorders-
- Mental health problems
- Exposure to wars or violence
- Difficult life circumstances
- Stressful events
Complications of Adjustment disorders-
- Alcohol and drug addiction
- Bipolar disorder
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Suicidal thoughts and behavior
Diagnosis of Adjustment disorders-
Diagnosis of Adjustment disorders is based on signs and symptoms and thorough psychological evaluation.
Precautions & Prevention of Adjustment disorders-
There is no way to prevent adjustment disorder. Some of the ways you can improve your resilience are thinking positively about yourself, living a healthy lifestyle.
Treatment of Adjustment disorders-
Acupuncture Treatment of Adjustment disorders
What is Adhesive Capsulitis?
Adhesive capsulitis is a very specific term for a condition that involves the spontaneous, gradual onset of shoulder stiffness and pain caused by tightening of the joint capsule.
Symptoms of Adhesive Capsulitis-
- Restricted motion of the shoulder
- Dull or aching pain in the outer shoulder area
- The pain occurs in the upper arm
Causes of Adhesive Capsulitis-
- autoimmune reaction
- Poor posture
- Parkinson’s disease
- Cardiac disease or surgery
Risk factors of Adhesive Capsulitis-
- Affects people between 40 and 60 years old
- More common in women
- Hormonal and genetic conditions
Complications of Adhesive Capsulitis-
- Increased stiffness
- Loss of bone
Diagnosis of Adhesive Capsulitis
The diagnosis includes a doctor’s examination and is based on the symptoms the patient. In some cases, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or X-rays can help to rule out other potential causes of the pain and stiffness in the shoulder.
Treatment of Adhesive Capsulitis-
Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Adhesive Capsulitis-
Acupuncture involves inserting extremely fine needles in your skin at specific points on your body. Typically, the needles remain in place for 15 to 40 minutes. During that time they may be moved or manipulated. Because the needles are hair thin and flexible and are generally inserted superficially, most acupuncture treatments are relatively painless.
What is ADHD?
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, ADHD, is one of the most common mental disorders that develop in children. It is common in children and teens. But adults also can have ADHD. It is a medical condition that affects how well someone can sit still, focus, and pay attention. People with ADHD have differences in the parts of their brains that control attention and activity.
Symptoms of ADHD-
- Failure to complete household work and responsibilities.
- Not keeping one’s mind on conversations
- Unable to follow rules of activities in social situations.
- The tendency to make careless mistakes.
- Being impatient
- Causing problems in social or work settings.
- Lack of concentration
- The difficulty of participating in games and leisure activities.
Causes of ADHD-
- Early head trauma and brain injury
- Birth Complication
- Premature Delivery
- Intake of alcohol or harmful drugs
- Cigarette Smoking
- An identical twin
- Children with epilepsy
- Genetic factor
Risk factors of ADHD-
Risk factors of ADHD include the following:
- Genetics and heredity factors
- Dietary & Herbal factors
- Environmental Factors such as smoking, tobacco and drinking
Complications of ADHD
Complications may include difficulties in relationships, employment, health, finances, and more. ADHD can make life difficult for children. Children with ADHD are more likely to have conditions such as:
Diagnosis of ADHD-
ADHD is generally diagnosed during childhood with no diagnostic laboratory test for confirming the disorder. First, the child will have a physical exam. This includes child psychiatrists, psychologists, developmental/ behavioral pediatricians, behavioral neurologists, and clinical social workers. After ruling out other possible reasons for the child’s behavior, the specialist checks the child’s school and medical records and talks to teachers and parents who have filled out a behavior rating scale for the child. A diagnosis is made only after all this information has been considered.
Treatment of ADHD-
Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of ADHD-
Acupuncture can be used as an alternative therapy to treat ADHD. Acupuncture works to align and balance energy paths within the body. Acupressure is used for children afraid of needles. Acupuncture has become a popular complementary therapy for children suffering from ADHD.