Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rachna VermaYour feedback matters!
Causes of Irregular menstrual bleeding and know how it can be diagnosed
Hi I am 28 year old girl and have irregular periods problem due to this I am gaining wait. Please suggest me.
Confused about periods & plan B? I had sex 4 times last month. Feb 11 & 18 (unprotected and had ipill both times) 26 & march 9 (protected) I had my periods on 12th feb and on 28th Feb I had period like bleeding (comparatively low flow) And I missed my period in Jan, expected date was 28th Jan. As I wasn't sexually active then so I didn't bother about it coz it happens to me once in a year. I had pregnancy urine test on 4 march and 18 march, both negative. On 13th march I had brown spotting for 2 days and on brown discharge after that. Now the discharge is clear white. I'm feeling bloated, nausea and vomiting like feeling, lost appetite and stressed because of late periods. I just want to know that the urine test I did, should I rely upon them? And what's now my actual period date is? 13th or 28th? Could I be pregnant? Should I be worried or its just double dose of ipill messing the things.
There are a few very common things that a man consumes or does every day without even realizing, that they have a tendency to reduce his fertility. These causes start from drinking and could end with something as harmless as caffeine.
Let's see which habits can cause reduction in sperm count thereby reducing fertility of a man.
- Eating processed meat harms sperm quality.
- Excessive usage of laptop can also lead to reduction in sperm count because of the heat that a laptop releases.
- Hormonal imbalance also causes low sperm production.
- If a man is underweight or overweight, this could also lead to less production of sperm. So, a man should watch his weight before thinking of extending his family.
- Exposure to too much heat for a prolonged time leads to reduction in sperm count.
- Regular smoking also leads to reduction in sperm count.
- Excessive stress also causes reduction in sperm count.
- Regular and continuous exposure to chemicals like xylene, painting material and metal like lead also leads to low sperm count.
- Chemicals present in sunscreen lotion can harm a man's sperm count so one should be alert while using a sunscreen lotion.
- Sex toys also cause infertility in men because of presence of phthalates in them.
- Regular intake of canned food can also contribute in low sperm count.
- Regular drinking habits reduce testosterone levels thereby reducing the quality and production of sperm.
- Excessive intake of canned food leads to intake of bisphenol A which lowers down the quality of the sperm.
- Excess intake of caffeine also leads to reduction in sperm count.
- Lack of exercise and laziness also reduces sperm count to a great extent.
Some of the above mentioned things can be unavoidable, but point here is that taking everything in moderate quantity doesn't do any harm but problem occurs when the intake is excessive, regular and beyond limit. So, it's better to reduce the quantity and regular use of such things than letting it affect your sperm count. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am just married male and I don't want child now for at least 1 year so how I should take care of it. What is the safe period for sex to not to have child?
Plz tell me when I am more fertile my periods was on 3 may. Mjh yeh smjh nhi aata hai ki ovulation time kaise pata chalega yeh kb mein zyada fertile hu please tell me.
I have done urine pregnancy test yesterday and it have the result negative. But still my periods are not coming. What to do suggest me some pills or another remedies.
I have an unprotected sex with my husband on 17 th march .n I have conceived but actually I face side effects from allopathic medicines. Is there any better option to terminate pregnancy. By some natural method. Dis is our 1st child but we don't want it ryt now. Kindly help me.
I am 23 year old female. My periods are delayed by 18 days and I also have checked my pregnancy on preganews test device and results are that I am not pregnant. However I am sure that I am not pregnant but do not know the reason of delay in periods. Is it the sign of my pregnancy by any means or what should I do to continue my periods? (I am a feeding mother of 6 month old baby)
Love making is an act that is supposed to leave you satisfied and happy, but sometimes that’s not the case. This can be due pain or discomfort, stress or low confidence levels. However, by adopting a few simple ways you can enjoy a healthier and a much more satisfying love-making session.
1. Talk between the sheets: This is very important. Your partner wouldn’t know what you’re in the mood of until and unless you tell them. Nobody can read minds. Know each other erogenous zones to know what turns your partner on. When your partner does something you like, or does something you don’t like, you should let them know in order to derive maximum pleasure during sex.
2. Make use of the correct lubricant: This is applicable for women: just as wetness is a part of sex, so is dryness no matter if you’re in the mood or not. Women hardly ever get the 20 minutes of foreplay they need to be properly lubricated before sex. Sometimes factors like childbirth, breastfeeding or menopause can aggravate this situation. So in such cases it is best to use a liquid lubricant that doesn’t cause allergy to you and your partner, and can make sex a smooth and pleasurable activity. Avoid baby oil or body lotions if you’re using a latex condom.
3. Check with your doctor for itching/ burning sensations: If you’re suffering from itching or burning sensations in your privates, then chances are you might be suffering from an infection. If it causes problem in your sex life, then a doctor should be immediately consulted. Sometimes it may just be an allergy to latex or a lubricant. In such cases try switching to a different type of condom and/or lubricant.
4. Explore different things together: A shift in position or a new sex activity can make sex highly enjoyable and exciting, adding that zing that was missing in your sex life. Indulge in role playing, sex toys or even light bondage if you like to spice things up in the bed. Also, keep shifting left, right, up and down in the same sex position to heighten pleasure.
5. Get enough sleep: Getting your fix of 8 hours of sleep is very important for a healthy love making session. Lack of sleep can leave you tired and not in the mood of any sort of sexual activity. It can even lower libido in men and in extreme cases it can lead to sexual dysfunction as well. So rest well to enjoy your private time with your partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.