Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rachna Sethi SahniYour feedback matters!
What is the correct time to get pregnancy. If I want to be pregnant how many times regularly have to participate with my husband.
It's said that blocked fallopian tube is the most common cause of female infertility in about 40% women. Fallopian tubes are channels through which the egg travels to reach the uterus and blockage of these tubes can put a stop to this from taking place. Depending on the different parts of the tubes, this form of blockage is of several types.
What are the different types of fallopian tube blockages?
- Proximal tubal occlusion: This form of fallopian tube blockage involves the isthmus (an area of about 2 cm long, this part of the fallopian tube connects the infundibulum and ampulla to the uterus). This problem occurs due to complications associated with abortion, cesarean section or PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).
- Mid-segment tubal obstruction: It occurs in the ampullary section of the fallopian tube and is most frequently a result of tubal ligation damage. The procedure of tubal ligation is performed to put a stop to pregnancy permanently.
- Distal tubal occlusion: This is a kind of blockage wherein the section of the fallopian tube that is close to the ovary is affected and is commonly associated with a condition known as hydrosalpinx (a condition in which the fallopian tube is filled with fluid). The latter often happens due to Chlamydia infection, leading to fallopian tube and pelvic adhesions.
The conditions that may give rise to this problem can include:
- Genital tuberculosis (the TB infection that occurs in the genital tract)
- Ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in which the embryo places itself outside the uterus)
- Tubal ligation removal
- Complications related to surgery of the lower abdomen
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Uterine fibroids (benign growths that occur in the uterus)
- Endometriosis (development of uterine tissue outside of the organ)
These disorders can lead to the development of scar tissue, adhesions, polyps or tumors to form inside the pathway. Additionally, the tubes can also get stuck to other body parts such as ovaries, bladder, uterus and bowels. Two things can happen to the fallopian tubes, either they can become twisted or the tubes walls may stick together, leading to a complete blockage. Moreover, even if the fallopian tubes are partially damaged, they can remain open so as to enable pregnancy to occur, while increasing your risk for ectopic pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi doctor recently I had preventive health checkup for full body. I am female and taking medicine for thyroid from last1. 5 year. This time tsh is 13. 5. In ultrasound report dr detected pcod. Kindly help what I need to do. And what are the consequences.
My girlfriend and we are planning to have a vacation and she is scared of having her periods during the trip. So is there any way to prepare or postpone it.
One of the effects of ageing is the double chin that is caused due to extra fluid or fat under the chin. It could also be due to increased weight, sagging skin, or merely genetic. Given that it produces an aged appearance, people with double chin are constantly trying to find ways to hide it. There are two main muscles in the neck area, and toning them helps to remove the double chin appearance. There are grooming tips like specific kinds of clothes, hairstyle, and makeup to conceal it. There are also some exercises which are believed to reduce the prominence of the double chin. However, these are temporary measures, and for a permanent solution, surgical correction is the only method of choice.
Some of the new methods to get rid of the double chin are listed below with some important additional details. Talk to your surgeon and understand what to expect before going ahead with the surgical correction.
- Kybella: Approved by FDA, this is the new wonder drug to correct double chin. With no surgery involved, all it takes is about half an hour. The area is injected with a local anaesthetic and then Kybella. This contains deoxycholic acid, which is an enzyme that the body also produces naturally. This helps break down fat cells and so after a couple of weeks, the double chin gradually begins to literally melt away. Depending on the desired results, repeat injections might be required at monthly intervals. There could be mild swelling in the initial couple of days, which will subside shortly. The result would be a more defined chin line, producing a slimmer appearance.
- CoolMini: This involves freezing the fat and massaging it to remove the double chin. This is a form of chin sculpting and is preferred in people with good skin tightness. Results will be evident in about 1 to 3 months.
- Skin tightening using infrared light: A beam of infrared light is aimed at the double chin which causes tightening of the skin by stimulating the underlying collagen and elastin layers.
- Chin liposuction: In people with excess fat deposition, chin liposuction where the excess fat is suctioned off is a good treatment option. This is a time-tested method and produces results more immediately than the above-mentioned procedures.
Subsequent to any of the above procedures, it is better to make some lifestyle changes so that the double chin does not return. Weight management and regular exercise can go a long way in preventing recurrence of the double chin. Speak to your doctor to draw up a weight management plan and an exercise regimen that can help in the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
Im 6 weeks pregnant but from last week im little bit bleeding and in sonogram Dr. could see only sac no fetal pole nor yolk sac. Can be it early scan because im always have irregular periods.
Is one drop of sperm will cause a woman to get pregnant. And after sex she had peed. Is there any methods through which I can check that she is pregnant or not? Sex had happened some 15 days ago.
I have got my period on 28 Jan only a drop was Spotted n I started bleeding on 30 Jan which is the actual date of period n to calculate ovulation? I have got my period on 29 Dec? I'm very confused how to calculate ovulation? please help?
I am 32 &trying to conceive from past one & half years with medics ovign DSR &Fol5 clomiphene my recent TVS reports were also very good but still I am surprisingly 20 days late of my period, never before I had my cycles always regular. I did pregnancy test twice but negative. I feel fatigue, dizziness, headache &sometimes white discharge&frequent urination .Pls help me ,could I be pregnant inspite of negative test. Now my last option is blood test .Is it possible that pregnancy isi sometimes detected late which could be also be my case. Thanks Jyoti Rajesh Sah.
While doing sex with my wife, unfortunately condom was broken mean while. We had a doubt that sperms entered into my wife vagina or not. We are not planning for children right now. Please clear how to know it's happened or not? If happened what's the next remedy to follow. Thank you. Expecting an early reply.
1) Watermelon - Watermelons have more water than pulp and are easily available. Not only will this relax you but also hydrates you at the end of a very tiring day.
2) Cucumber - With less than 20 calories in a cup of cucumbers, this hydrating food is ideal to carry with lunch boxes to work, or eat at home. They cool and hydrate you at the same time. The seeds are also known to be high in nutrients and health benefits.
3) Tomatoes - Tomatoes and their health benefits are widely known. They cool your stomach and hydrate you. Tomatoes are also good for diabetes and cardio-vascular problems, and are a rich source of many nutrients like dietary fiber, vitamins ? C, A, E, K and B6, potassium and many more.
4) Lemon - Lemon is a super food. Mixed with water, in different temperatures, it helps in weight loss to combating dehydration. Mixed in water with a pinch of salt and a spoonful of sugar, the lemon water mixture is known to cool, energise and hydrate the body.
5) Curd - This is a staple in most Indian homes. Store bought or homemade, it is good to eat a small bowl full of curd every day. A delicious coolant, you can spice it up any way you wish to - by adding fruits to it, or by adding masalas or by eating it straight with just a tiny pinch of salt.
6) Coconut water - Easily available on road sides, coconut water is your ideal drink on the go. While you can surely have it at home, it is highly recommended for students and professionals who are out in the sun, during the day. An immediate energizer, coconut water can be your savior from heat spells.
7) Melons - Just like watermelons, melons and muskmelons too have high water content. The fruit is said to have 90 percent water apart from the nutrients.
8) Buttermilk - Easy to make and easily available in the market, buttermilk can be customized as per individual taste. It is light in the tummy, cools and dehydrates the system.
9) Mint - An inexpensive herb, mint has amazing cooling qualities. Churn it into chutney or just drop a few leaves into your bottle of drinking water, these leaves will keep your insides cool and mind fresh with their mild fragrance.
10) Onions - Red onions in particular are known to have very high water content. Include them in your meals or have them raw, how you eat is up to you.
If you have any further questions, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Masturbation - Is It Normal?
The present belief that masturbation and semen loss is the mother of all evils- be it mental, physical or sexual is unfortunate continuation of antimasturbation compaign which was started around 305 years back by a quack doctor and pornographer named john marten from europe. He published a pamphlet named onania,-meaning the heinous sin of self pollution and described the frightful consequences of the act, giving spiritual and physical advice to those who had already injured themselves by this abominable practice.
Can you imagine it! whole europe was totally unaware about human sexuality and this was received with open arms. This was the first public awareness about a" new medical entity" called masturbation or onanism. Involuntary seminal loss was called spermatorrhoea. This was considered a revolution, starting a compaign to stop people practicing masturbation. It lasted till mid 20th century. Another swiss physician, simon tissot cemented the belief further by pathologization of masturbation by many funny logics.
India has history of producing the best known book centuries ago on sex - the kamasutra which clearly tells that sex is for pleasure to be experienced as per prevailing social norms. This is a rich tribute to our rich culture which had a very positive attitude towards sex. This whole absurdity of masturbation as a disease has not originated from india. The belief that it causes many evils from hairfall to black spots to weakness to impotency has been a european fantasy. Unfortunately we still follow and believe what these gora sahibs claim to be scientific. They were so obsessed with preventing people from practicing masturbation that they invented some peculiar type of locks to keep the penis" under lock and key"
Please remember, masturbation is also a normal sexual activity. It can be done by self or by a partner, it can be a sole sexual activity or supplement pleasure during intercourse. You can do it by hands or by rubbing against the bed or any other means till you don't injure the penis. You don't harm your penis by holding in a particular way or applying more pressure.
Can it be a problem- yes, it can be problematic if
1- you don't practice it privately. -
Some people find sexual pleasure by exposing their private parts or masturbating in public. It is a paraphilia called exhibitionism. So do it in private if you want it is a criminal offence to expose in public.
2- you start spending too much time in masturbating and seeking sexual pleasure-
There are people who masturbate multiple times a day. Still masturbation as such is normal but they spend too much time seeking sexual pleasure while neglecting their normal expected duties. They have hypersexuality. Sex as such will have no negative consequences, it is the associated events like getting STD from unsafe sex, losses due to neglect of work and damage to social reputation.
3- prefer masturbation as sole source of sexual pleasure, despite easy availability of suitable partner
For example someone after marriage may not have sex with wife but only masturbate. Such cases are found if someone has a severe performance anxiety or a fear of not being able to satisfy his partner. Many cases of non consummation of marriage have such a problem. It can cause severe marital problem and divorce, if adequate treatment is not takena lock showing 4 projections used to prevent masturbation. It used to be tied on the penis.
My wife is 28 weeks pregnant. In her 28th week 3d sonography they have seen Amniotic band along left lateral gestational age with placental component obliquely of size 7.5,2.2 cms. (AP). But in her 18 week 2D sonography no such thing was mentioned. Even in her 12 week anamol scan, which was 3D, no such band was observed. Growth and everything is normal. What are future risk to the baby till delivery.
My period is irregular. But my all reports normal and my husband too. I want to be pregnant as soon as possible. So please tell me what should I do. How can I know my fertile days. Bcoz period irregular.
Dried plums can help fight colon cancer finds a new study from Texas A & M university and the University of North Carolina found that a diet containing dried plums can positively affect microbiota or gut bacteria thus helping reduce the risk of colon cancer.
Dried plums contain phenolic compounds which serve as antioxidants that can neutralise the oxidant effect of free radicals that can damage our DNA.
Treatment for painful intercourse:
Dyspareunia is painful sexual intercourse due to medical or psychological causes. The pain can primarily be on the external surface of the genitalia, or deeper in the pelvis upon deep pressure against the cervix. It can affect a small portion of the vulva or vagina or be felt all over the surface. Understanding the duration, location, and nature of the pain is important in identifying the causes of the pain.
Numerous physical, psychological, and social or relationship causes can contribute to pain during sexual encounters.
Underlying causes determine treatment. Many women experience relief when physical causes are identified and treated.
The treatment for pain with intercourse depends on what is causing the pain. After proper diagnosis one or more treatments for specific causes may be necessary.
For pain due to yeast or fungal infections, a clinician may prescribe mycogen cream (nystatin and triamcinolone acetonide), which treats both a yeast infection and associated painful inflammation and itching because it contains both an antifungal and a steroid.
For pain thought due to post-menopausal vaginal dryness, estrogen treatment can be used.
For women with diagnostic criteria for endometriosis, medications or surgery are possible options.
In addition, the following may reduce discomfort with intercourse:
Both of you shave the pubic region regularly.
Use vaginal vibrator.
Also, add pleasant, sexually exciting experiences to your regular interactions, such as bathing together (in which the primary goal is not cleanliness), or mutual caressing without intercourse. In couples where a woman is preparing to receive vaginal intercourse, such activities tend to increase both natural lubrication and vaginal dilation, both of which decrease friction and pain. Prior to intercourse, oral sex may relax and lubricate the vagina.
Apply water-soluble sexual or surgical lubricant during intercourse. Discourage petroleum jelly. Lubricant should be liberally applied (two tablespoons full) to both the penis and the orifice. A folded bath towel under the receiving partner's hips helps prevent spillage on bedclothes.
Ask your partner to control the insertion by her hand.
For those who have pain on deep penetration because of pelvic injury or disease, recommend a change in coital position to one with less penetration. In women receiving vaginal penetration: maximum vaginal penetration is achieved when the receiving woman lies on her back with her pelvis rolled up off the bed, compressing her thighs tightly against her chest with her calves over the penetrating partner's shoulders. Minimal penetration occurs when a receiving woman lies on her back with her legs extended flat on the bed and close together while her partner's legs straddle hers.