Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rachna S SahniYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. Maine 3 june ko sex kia tha aur uske 15 din baad mujhe periods aa gye the and uske baad july august aur September mein b regular periods aaye bt ab is month mein mujhe periods ni aaye abi tk aur kuch white sa thick sa discharge hota hai. Kya iska mtlb hai k main pregnant hu yaa baat kuch aur hai. Pls Dr. Help me.
Is there any chances to a girl to get pregnant only by hands of a boy? If any thing got left on the mans hand.
I'm 2 month pregnant and having pain in left side of stomach earlier my right Fallopian tube was removed in ruptured condition.
Is cervical prolapse possible due to heavy weight lifting exercises in Gym for one year? I am virgin.
Sir my wife's periods starts from 10th of April in night and her menstrual cycle is about 28 days. So may I know her ovulation period. And which date have very high chance for conceiving the baby.
I feel vormiting all the time ab mai confuse hu I am pregnant or not. Bt I dnt have any test yet. Beze mjhy sirf 6 days ho gyaa hai sex kre hue. What I should do. I am really confused mjhy kaisay pta chalega, I am pregnant or not aur mere periods abhi next month hai.
It’s true that physical activities and sports can do wonders for your health. But, they can also be dangerous for your health, when it comes to injuries. While on one hand exercise provides you relief from stress, it can leave you with different kinds of injuries. However, there is no need to worry as these injuries are treatable. They can be treated by physical therapies. Here are some of the common injuries that can be cured by physical therapy:
- Ligament tearing and damage of tendons: This condition is very painful. It occurs due to any accident, trauma or serious injury at the time of exercising or sports activity. Sometimes, it is required to undertake a surgery in order to fix up the tendons or ligaments. However, physical therapy can treat this condition.
- Tendinitis: It is a common condition. It is nothing but the inflammation of the tissues around muscles and bones. This usually occurs in the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, or ankle.
- Fractures: This is a very common type of injury. Be it skiing or walking, you can anytime meet with an accident and develop fractures. Physical therapy is first applied to give back the strength of the muscles in the affected part.
- Arthritis: It is a common problem in athletes. It occurs due to repetitive motion, such as swinging a racket. It is similar to other conditions in which there are a muscle tear or sprain. These can be treated by physical therapy.
- Dislocations: This is a condition in which the bones move out of their positions. It might occur due to a sudden fall or blow during any physical activity.
- Low Back Pain: It is a common problem for ageing people. It can be mild to severe. If you are having a low back pain for more than six months, you must consult a doctor immediately. Frequent sessions of physical therapy are advised for over a prolonged period to get rid of the pain.
Physical therapy is not just to heal your injury. There are clinics which now offer preventive evaluations. These are done to determine the muscle weakness in your body. If the therapist finds any problem in the body, he tried to strengthen the muscle in the area to avoid chances of meeting accidents or falling prone to injuries.
3 Tips to choose a physical therapist
- Be sporty: Choose a clinic that offers treatment to athletes and is not for regular patients.
- Look for certifications: Find out whether the clinic is certified to meet your requirements. Check whether they have a sports certified specialist (SCS) or an orthopaedic clinical specialist (OCS)
- Do background check: Ask others to get feedback on the clinic. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
Hello. I'm 21 years old. Recently had an oral contraceptive pill. After a week I bleed for 2 days (not a normal period). Can you tell me I'm pregnant or not?
Today’s generation eats a lot of Junk Food and have much more fatty intakes that can cause various diseases and unbalances our health conditions. Learn why proper diet and life style is needed to achieve healthy life.
If we have good life style and proper diet (food) then we should not be getting diseases, people come and say that we have good life style and eat very good and healthy but still we are suffering from many diseases why? The answer is it can’t be true there must be something wrong in our diet and life style which is making us unhealthy.
Good nutrition is an important part of leading a healthy lifestyle.
Combined with physical activity, your diet can help you to reach and maintain a healthy weight, reduce your risk of chronic diseases (like heart disease and cancer), and promote your overall health
Many people come who have gained weight, fat belly and say that they are healthy, don’t have any problem; isn’t gained weight is problem and could cause many disease?
He further suggests there are main causes of increase in weight of people.
• No passage of motion
• Eating more than our digestive system can digest
I masturbate till 7 years I have pain in lower pelvic region till 3 years and frequent urination with irritation in pelvic dizziness and shortness of breath.
Most families refer to their newborn baby as their 'bundle of joy'. The news of a child being born brings immense joy to the entire family. However, due to various reasons, a child could be born with some medical abnormalities, which would be known as congenital abnormalities. There are several different types of heart defects that can be congenital. These usually manifest themselves either immediately after birth or in the early years of life. In some cases, the abnormality could be detected on prenatal ultrasounds. In others, it may not be and the family could be caught off guard about the condition. This causes a lot of stress, both for the child, who does not receive regular postnatal care and for the parents immediately after the delivery process.
If the baby has the following symptoms within the first few hours of life, there could be a serious underlying condition, which requires medical attention. The presence and severity of the symptoms would depend on the actual abnormality.
- The skin is pale gray or blue in color due to excessive venous flow in the system
- Excessive sweating
- The child is exerting to breathe regularly
- Rapid breathing causes added load on the heart accompanied by a grunting noise
- Flared nostrils i.e. the baby attempts to take in more oxygen with each breath causes flared nostrils
- Swollen legs, eyes, and abdomen: Fluid retention in the legs and abdomen is quite common, and this could be characteristic of newborns with congenital heart disease
- Shortness of breath, even during feeding
- Clubbed fingernails
- Lethargy and low energy, even with feeding, therefore very poor feeding pattern
- Chest pain, which may cause the newborn to cry incessantly
- Low weight gain, as they feed less
In some children, symptoms manifest only during the teenage years or early adulthood. These conditions are not very severe and the symptoms include:
- Swelling of the hands, feet, and ankles due to fluid accumulation
- Lowered energy levels, leading to easy fatigue
- Shortness of breath with even minimal physical activity
- Inability to exercise
- Developmental delays and changes in growth milestones
- Recurrent respiratory tract infections including sinus infections, bronchitis, and pneumonia
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Heart failure, where the heart is not able to effectively function and pump blood to all parts of the body.
Some or more of these symptoms should trigger a warning to get the child tested for congenital heart disease. While some would just require a monitoring until severe symptoms develop, severe conditions like holes, abnormal valves, narrowed arteries, and blood vessel abnormalities might require immediate intervention. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.