Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Rachna JindalYour feedback matters!
Hello doc, I had an unprotected sex last month. She missed her periods this month and pregnancy test came positive. We both are quite young and don't want this pregnancy. What options do we have. Please help.
After unprotected sex, when can I do pregnancy test, to be certain about my pregnancy? Means after how many days of sex can I get a positive result of pregnancy test?
High blood pressure is a condition which occurs when the pressure of the blood flow through the arteries increases, resulting in intense pressure. Hypertension occurs when the systolic pressure (pressure at which the heart pumps blood) and the diastolic pressure (pressure at which the heart relaxes) is more than 140 and 90 respectively.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Shortness of breath: If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
- Headaches: You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
- Weakness of the heart muscles: Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
- Narrowing of blood vessels: Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart, and brain.
- Vision problems: It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
- Tobacco: If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium-rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
- Age: The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
- Weight: Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Diabetes: Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
- Hyperthyroidism: If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
- Aneurysm: This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
- Heart attack: High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome: This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
- Impaired brain functioning: It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills.
Hi, I want to ask question about my pregnant wife. She is pregnant 5th month is running. Can we have sex during Pregnancy.
Hello docter I am 23 year old and got married on 6 dec 2014 from some day I feel like vomiting when I go for eat something and also pain on my left side of stomach my last period date is 20 march. What is the reason behind it? please tell me fast.
My wife is pregnant with 1 months now ,can I do sex with her ,if I can do upto how many months can I participate sex with her.
Some critical question which everybody has doged in earlier attempts. 1. What is the best contraceptive for male other than condoms. 2. Does usage of condom by men impacts on pleasure for a woman. 3. What is healthy intercourse duration after foreplay. 4. What is the best medicine to improve sexual life.
My period started April 30 amd ended on may 4 or 5. I had unprotected sex on 14 and 22 of May. It was just 2-3 strokes and he did not orgasm inside and cleaned his penis while putting it in. What are the chances of me getting pregnant?
I got periods before coming to my actual days I think 10 days before). Is it something else or normal?
If you are in an area which has a lot of mosquitoes, any fever that is not subsiding in a couple of days is a cause for concern as it can be due to dengue. It is one of the dreadful diseases doing the rounds in the recent years and when someone complains of fever and joint pain problem, the first question we ask if they got checked for dengue. This is caused by a virus that is carried by an infected mosquito.
The blood is made up of 3 types of cells mainly that are in a liquid medium called the plasma. The red blood cells are the oxygen-carrying cells and the white blood cells fight infection and provide immunity. The third type are the platelets, they are smaller than the other two and help in blood clotting. With dengue fever, both the white blood cell count and the platelet count are decreased. Normal platelet count in the body ranges from 1.5 to 4 lacs and in patients with dengue; this can go down to as low as 20,000 to 40,000. This is because of the following:
- Dengue suppresses bone marrow, which is the platelet-producing area, leading to decreased platelet count.
- Blood cells affected by dengue virus damage platelets, leading to their drastic fall in numbers
- Antibodies produced in dengue also lead to massive destruction of platelets
Patient presents with nonspecific symptoms including a high fever that does not subside, vomiting, pain behind the eyes, headache, nausea, and severe muscular and joint pain. The eye pain and the joint pain lead to the suspicion of the dengue fever. Symptoms develop after 4 to 7 days after the bite. The fever lasts for about 5 to 7 days and is followed by a prolonged period of fatigue, joint pains, body pain, and rashes (learn more about Painful Rashes).
For the sake of confirming the diagnosis, the doctor will run some lab tests. These include testing for antibodies IgG and IgM, PCR testing to check the virus and a complete blood count. This will reveal the decrease in the white blood cells and the platelets to a significant degree. Whether or not a person requires platelet transfusion will be decided by the doctor based on the person’s age, immunity levels and severity of the disease.
There isn't a particular level below which a person would require platelet transfusion. In aged people and with people who have other chronic diseases, platelet transfusion may be required even if the blood count is about 50,000. The doctor will decide this based on the patient’s health. The right thing to do is to go for a medical consultation and discuss your situation with the doctor and identify what needs to be done for your condition specifically.
Morning urine today one yellow or pink color discharge are came what is happening to me doctor tell me.
When a woman is expecting her child, she has a lot of responsibilities on her shoulders for the health and well-being of herself and her child. An expectant mother is recommended to follow certain rules and give up certain habits, so that during the pregnancy period she and the unborn child in her womb get all the nutrients for the healthy growth of the baby. There are certain preconception cares that the expecting mother must abide by.
Some of these are explained below:
- Giving up of bad habits: Smoking and drinking are not uncommon habits in today’s world. But when you are pregnant, it is advised that you give up these habits for some time at least. Smoking or inhalation of smoke makes it difficult for the child to breathe inside. Furthermore, if you are into substance abuse, then it is expected that you would give it up as well when you are pregnant.
- Health Supplements: Folic acid is a must during pregnancy. This is why medical practitioners often recommend you to take folic acid pills once a day to keep your immune system strong. It also provides you enough supplements for production of red blood cells and provides for the much needed iron in your body.
- Counselling: Many times people think that counselling is needed by those who are mentally unstable or in need of immediate help. But that is not the case. Counselling is important for every expectant woman. This is primarily to calm you down as you undergo several hormonal changes. Further, if you are pregnant for the first time then it is to guide you about the complications and side effects of pregnancy.
- Proper Immunization: There are a few vaccinations that you need to take when you are expecting. These would help in the proper development of the child, keep you away from severe diseases as well as boost your immune system. Thus, proper and timely vaccinations are a must during your pregnancy period.
Thus, these are some of the tips and rules that a pregnant woman must follow in order to make sure that she and her baby are healthy. These are often advised by the medical practitioner themselves, but on their own as well, woman take care of these points. These are just outlined to make the woman more cautious before the birth of her child. They are good for both the mother and the baby.