Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RachithaYour feedback matters!
Homeopathy is one of the most successful alternative systems of medicine, which has gained prominence with time. Homeopathy has always been associated with various controversies, but has emerged successfully due to its principles and scientifically proven products.
In spite of its success over the years, many people still abstain from using homeopathic medicines for healing purposes. Here are some myths about homeopathy nullified:
- Homeopathic medicines are slow to act: This is one of the most important myths which abstain people from using homeopathic treatment. Homeopathic medicines are selected on the basis of the characteristics of the signs and symptoms and not just on the basis of diagnosis of a certain case. In homeopathy, an exact match needs to be done between the medical symptoms and symptoms of the disease. In case the symptoms do not match, the effect of the medicine becomes slow. The mismatch occurs due to the homeopaths mistake, and it is not a mistake of homeopathy. When the medical symptoms and disease symptoms match, homeopathic medicines work effectively and fast.
- Some homeopaths do not disclose the name of the medicines they give: This is another major myth about homeopathic medicines. Homeopaths do not hide the names of medicines they give you, and if you are educated enough to understand the depth of homeopathy, you should know that there is nothing like homeopaths hiding the names of medicines theyre giving you. Homeopathy differs and unlike modern medicines, its remedy differs from person to person. For example, for two people suffering from common cold, the remedy may not be the same. If you get to know about a homeopathic medicine, which has cured cold in a friend and use it on yourself abruptly, you may have side effects or no effects at all. Even in one particular patient, the symptoms may vary every time he gets a similar cold, and the medicines also have to be changed. You must always consult a homeopath before using a homeopathic medicine on your own.
- While having homeopathic treatment, the patient's symptoms get aggravated: Homeopathic medicines are given when the medical and disease symptoms match. Thus, during the initial period of a homeopathic treatment, a little aggravation of the symptoms indicates that the medicines have started acting. This is a good sign and also denotes that the right medicine has been selected. This aggravation does not continue for long and after a short period, the patient experiences great relief. In many cases, the patients do not experience such early aggravation or symptoms. Extreme aggravation sometimes denotes improper medicine selection.
Homeopathy is a trusted and the most natural medicine that exists. There are certain myths about homeopathy, which are wrong and need to be cleared, so that more people can resort to homeopathy.
Hi my name is Sonia Steven. My both tube is blocked and my monthly period is not regular. I have also tharioyd. 6 years complete of my marriage but I don't have baby please reply me.
I had a lover. We both have sex on 22/1/2017 and she got monthly menses as usual on 11/2/2017, and she didn't get her 3rd month menses till now. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Help me plz.
Hello mam, I am 25 year old Mere periods irregular hote the. PR last year nov. Se Mujhe baar baar periods ho rhe h. Maine doc. Ko bhi dikha ya Ultrasound krvaaya, usme small cyst asye ,to doc. Ne bola, ajkal bhot females mein ye prob. Hoti h, or Mujhe multivitamin or multi calcium ki media. De Di, PR fir bhi Mujhe baar baar spotting ho ri thi. Fir pcod test bhi krvaya, usme sb normal aaya, ab Mujhe smjh ni aa RHA h ki Mai kya kru, mere periods normal kyu nhi ho rhe h, or spotting kyu ho rhi h, pls help.
Menstruation is a barometer of a women's health. Any changes in the menstrual pattern of a woman could be a harbinger of serious underlying disease and should not be overlooked. However adolescent girls are a special case where menstrual pattern is variable and much different from Adult women. It is very common for teenaged girls who have recently started menstruating to have irregular periods. This period pattern is wrongly classified as 'period problems". At the same time one needs to understand that some of the real problems like period pain in young girls are often overlooked as "normal" when they could be associated with serious medical disorders.
Although menstrual disorders are fairly common in most young women, it may have an underlying cause which can be indicative of a serious issue. Therefore, it is recommended for young women to consult a gynecologist if any difficulties arise.
Symptoms Of Menstrual Disorders (Severe)
- Excessive abdominal pain
- Excessive vaginal pain
- Missed / irregular periods
- Painful periods
The severe symptoms are usually accompanied by mild symptoms such as:
- Weight loss
- Headaches/back pain
PCOS and Menstrual Disorders
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is a common reason for women to experience irregular menstrual periods. PCOS occurs when there is an excess of male hormones (androgens) in the body which hinder the production and release of eggs in the ovaries, resulting in menstruation problems. Symptoms of PCOS are acne, hair loss and weight gain. Women with PCOS are 80% more likely to suffer from fertility issues later in life. Along with that, PCOS can result in high cholesterol and high blood pressure. One serious concern for women with PCOS is resistance to insulin which leads to diabetes.
Diet and menstrual disorders
Poor diet can also lead to menstrual complications. An extremely high fiber diet can result in less frequent ovulations and therefore irregular periods. A diet which is too low in fats and fatty acid can also result in abnormal menstrual patterns.
Stress and PCOS
Young women are often prone to immense stress. Stress is one of the primary reasons for delayed periods. Stress can cause minor complications in the hypothalamus which may have consequences in the levels of hormones in the body.
The presence of ovarian cysts in the vagina may be a cause for irregular or painful periods. Endometriosis can cause heavy bleeding and extreme pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 27 years old female. I got my Periods on 7th Jan 2017. Was suffering from urine infection. Started taking medicines for it. Now that problem is solved but I dint get my periods this month. On 6th Feb I gave a urine test also for urine infection thing. But nothing came. Reports are normal. I have slight PCOS issue also. So, what should I do now to get my periods.
Many people, particularly the younger generation is absolutely against the consumption of ghee. That is because, they are not informed of the health benefits of this golden tinged, flavorful and nutrient-rich butterfat. The consumption of ghee can be traced back to the tradition of Ayurveda in the ancient India, and it was regarded as a sacred, cleansing, medicinal and nutrient rich food. Here are some of the unknown benefits of ghee.
- Ghee is free of lactose: Many individuals are not able to digest lactose, which is a sugar found in milk due to the quality of the dietary product, because of the digestive condition of the person concerned. Do you know, a substantial percentage of the total population of the world is lactose intolerant? In case you belong to that group, you can consume ghee without any worries. The traditional cultures were aware of the ways in which the digestibility of any dairy product can be improved. The process of making ghee helps in the removal of lactose and leaves behind the purest form of butter oil.
- Ghee is casein free: Casein is the protein component present in milk which causes milk allergies. When the gut flora gets compromised, the consumption of casein can pave the way for an opiate effect on the brain since it is not well digested. When ghee is made, the milk solids comprising of lactose as well as casein float on the top which aids in their easy removal. In the pure Indian cuisine, ghee used does not contain lactose and casein. This is because the process of culturing removes all traces of these components.
- Ghee is a stable source of fat when used in cooking: The polyunsaturated oils such as safflower and sunflower oil contain different types of double bonds and which make them least stable for cooking. On the other hand, ghee is primarily a saturated fat which is highly stable for baking and sautéing.
- Ghee is a form of saturated fat: There are many pieces of research which prove that consumption of saturated fats does not cause any cardiac disease. So, if you have high blood pressure and cardiac problems, you can freely consume ghee without worrying about aggravating it.
- Ghee contains bio-available Vitamin A in abundance: The dairy products derived from ruminants like goats, cows, and sheep which graze on the grass offers an amazing source of fat-soluble vitamins such as Vitamin A. This type of vitamins is mainly stored ion the fat portion which means that the concentration of vitamin in milk is lower than that of the ghee. Vitamin A plays a considerable role in hormone balance, fertility, liver health, and stamina.
Hence, to reap these benefits, you should consider consuming little amounts of ghee every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Haiii, I had sex with my bf 15 days before my period. I got my period at regular time. I have not missed my period. But now I am feeling stress. There is any chance of getting pregnancy after periods also.
When can I conceive as one yr passed to my marriage but m having thyroid and also taken anti depression medicine 2 months ago.
I have had my 2nd daughter on Monday through section. I had been breastfeeding my baby since the beginning but suddenly my breasts have become hard and my doesn't want to suck any more. I am having trouble to feed her as I don't want to formula feed her. Please help.
I am having problem to make pregnant to my wife. Coz of low sperm count. That is only 04. What should I do. I want a baby as soon as possible. Is there any other way to make it possible. And what is test tube baby.
I am a housewife. I am five month pregnant. What precautions should I take to ensure smooth delivery. Thanks in advance.
I am unable to get wet after having my normal delivery. My husband foreplays for hours but no signs of orgasm. Its being two months of my delivery and my diet is completely balanced as I am breastfeeding. If any exercise or medicines could help please advise.
My wife is suffering from white bleeding from past 8 months how can she prevent it. To reduce white bleeding? And please give suggestion of any tablet to prevent it.
Mint, scientifically known as ‘mentha’, is a herb with small green leaves and a characteristic strong odour. It is also a virtual cure-all plant. Try using mint by adding it to your meals, oral care and skin care regimen to remain healthy and fresh forever. A few prominent mint health benefits include the following:
Digestion aid: Try mint leaves if you are not feeling hungry. It is a great appetizer as well as a promoter of digestion. It soothes your stomach when you’re suffering from inflammation or indigestion. So, next time you have a stomach upset, go for mint tea or mint oil. Mint’s characteristic aroma acts as an appetizer. It stimulates the salivary glands and other digestive glands to produce saliva and digestive juices, thereby facilitating digestion.
Nausea and headache: Mint leaves, especially freshly crushed leaves, help staunch nausea and headache, thanks to the strong and refreshing aroma. Menthol oil or mint-flavoured products are very useful for alleviating nausea. Similarly, balms with a mint base or mint oil can be rubbed on your forehead and nose to give quick relief from headache. Mint tea oil derived from mint is also very effective in treating nausea and motion sickness while travelling.
Respiratory disorders: The strong minty aroma is very effective in clearing up congestion of the nose, throat, bronchi and lungs. This makes mint a very effective remedy for asthma and common cold. The herb is also a good remedy for cough. This is because mint has a cooling and soothing effect on the throat, nose and other respiratory channels, and this helps relieve the irritation, which causes chronic coughing. Regular use of mint in any form is very beneficial for asthma patients as well, because it is a good relaxant and it relieves congestion that blocks respiratory channels, causing symptoms of asthma.
Depression and fatigue reliever: As mint is a natural stimulant, it can help relieve fatigue and feelings of sadness. Mint essential oil is very good if you are feeling anxious, sad, depressed, low or just plain sluggish. Mint oil can be ingested, applied as a salve topically, or inhaled as a vapour to help with fatigue and depression.
Oral health: Mint has germicidal qualities and can quickly freshen up your breath. It also gets eradicates harmful oral bacteria inside your mouth, alleviating oral health. The mint leaves can be rubbed directly on your tongue, teeth and gums to clean and refresh your mouth. You can also get the benefits of mint by simply chewing on its leaves.
Skin health: Since mint oil is a good antiseptic and anti-pruritic, it acts as an excellent skin cleanser. It is used to clear pimples as well as soothe and cure skin from infections.
Mint’s anti-pruritic properties can be used for treating insect bites, mosquito bites, stings by honeybees etc. With its cooling property, mint will relieve you of the irritation of stings and bring the swelling down. Also, women can use mint oil to relieve cracks and pain in nipples which occur during breastfeeding.
My period start 19 the of July and end on 25th of July. We had sex on 23 rd of July. We used protection but in the last condom left inside and some semen left in condone and some split out. Don't know it gets in or not. I have 30 days of cycle. My last period date was 18th of June. I want to know how much chance to get pregnant. I am worried because I want to get pregnant. please reply.
I recently got married but my she is not getting pregnant couple of month what will be the reason is there any day for intercourse as I have done my semen analysis and the motility is 53% does it effect to the pregnancy and also men thyroid please suggest to become soon father.
Last 2 years I have a irregular periods. My ultrasound scan report shows I have a blood cysts in my left ovary. My doctor suggests me to do laparoscopy.in my last checkup doctor prescribed me only a hemfer tablets. Still now I didn't get my periods. What can I do? Pls help me. I reached my menopause? I'm unmarried. I have any problem in my pregnancy. Pls help me for my future.
1. नियमित चिकित्सक चेकअप प्राप्त करें |
नियमित जांच से यह पता चलता है शरीर की वृद्धि और विकास उतना ही हो रहा है जितना होना चाहिए |
2. संतुलित भोजन रोजाना खाएं |
बहुत सारे फल और सब्जियां खाएं वे आपको विटामिन और खनिज प्रदान करते हैं जो आपके शरीर को मजबूत और स्वस्थ बने रहने में मदद करता है |
3. पर्याप्त नींद लो |
हर रात 10-12 घंटे नींद आपके शरीर और मन को बनाए रखने और स्वस्थ रहने में मदद करता है |
4. बढ़ते शरीर के लिए शारीरिक गतिविधि बहुत महत्वपूर्ण है।