Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 10 weeks pregnant. Till which month can I have sex. What angles can we try? Also is it safe for long journey by train at this time.
I am 18 years old and I am getting my periods regularly and the flow continues till 4th day. I have sex twice in a month with my partner and it pains alot in my stomach on the first day. Are there any chances of pregnancy?
Hello doctor, it has been 58 days from first day of my last period. All home pregnancy tests are negative. Was having a regular periods. Yet so confused. Please clear it whether m pregnant or not!
I am 22 years old, my problem is that my menstrual cycle is very irregular means it happens in too late out of exact date of menstruation, what is the solution of it? please suggest me sir.
I m 18 yrs old n my problem 1> is that m not feeling well from 4 months feeling like vomiting and weakness headache and some time my head become cold from inside and digestion problem too. 2> usually my period come in 30 days but due to unwanted few times it comes in 8 days is it right. and can I take unwanted 3 time in a month is it harmful.
I have problem sir/mam actually near about 2 months phle maine or meri gf ne sex kia tha without condom but maine apna viria bhar release kia tha and usne urine bhi nikala tha after sex but tabse usko periods ni aare sirf blood aara hai or blood ke sath black sa kuch but periods ni hai ve aaj isne prega news se test kia tha but usme koi sign ni aaaya means ek to positive aata hai ek negative but uska koi singn ni aaya kya krna chahiye.
Every morning you may require your shot of coffee (or caffeine) to be wide awake, in the evening to lessen fatigue or at night to improve focus and concentration. But like every other thing, even coffee comes with its sweet spot. Research reveals that the appropriate caffeine intake per day should be about 500-600 mgs, which adds up to about 5 cups of coffee. When you cross this limit, coffee can have several unsavory effects on your body. Sample these.
1. Heightened sensory experience
A 2009 study by Durham University revealed that individuals who have about 3 cups of coffee are 3 times likelier to see things, hear voices as well as sense the presence of imaginary beings. Hallucinations are a result of the caffeine content in the coffee, which bring about an aggravation in the physiological effects of stress. The caffeine in coffee causes overproduction of cortisol (a stress hormone) leading to heightened sensory activities.
2. Too much coffee could end up making you fatter
A study published in a reputed journal revealed the links among caffeine, cortisol, and fat storage. It disclosed that caffeine has the propensity to significantly increase the levels of the stress hormone, cortisol. High levels of cortisol can bring about an increase in storage of fat around your mid-section, and can subsequently lead to obesity and other serious diseases like Type 2 Diabetes and cardiovascular ailments.
3. It can cause liver damage
Too much coffee can damage your liver. Results from a study indicate that individuals who consume about 2 or more cups of coffee every day were 50% likelier to develop chronic liver disease compared to individuals who drank less than a cup per day.
4. It can cause twitching of your muscles
Since coffee contains caffeine, too much of it can cause the muscles in your body to move erratically. This is because caffeine found in coffee is a natural stimulant, and can affect the nerves of your muscles adversely.
Whether it’s coffee or tea or even beer, moderation is the key to enjoying your favourite beverage to avoid the negative effects it can have on your health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My fiance has to in period time when her back have to pain and strumuch also how can we manege that.
I am 36 week pregnant. My scan report shows cord seen once around the neck. What does it mean? Is there any problem?
Hlo mujhe apni problem btani h. mujhe before 1 month periods hue thay 2 may ko BT ab 1 month 6 days extra ho gye h. Periods abhi nhi aaye h. many test bhi kiya negative hi aaya h. First time itna late ho rha h. Please suggested me.
Hello, I am 25 year male wants to marry my second cousin (my father's mother and her mother's mother are real sisters) please help me with birth defects and also suggest should I go with biological child or adaption.
I am 25 weeks pregnant I took scan they told me that single loop of cord is seen around fetal neck forming complete loop and cephalic presentation is seen.
I am 5 month pregnant. Yesterday we had sex it will not harm my baby. And from which month should we stop sex.
I am 27 year old. Ihad two misscarraiges 5 mnths apart. The last one was two weeks before when I was in the 14th week. Everything was okay. Suddenly I had severe abdominal cramps andi had my waters bleeding and baby all come out together. Went to the dctr and had d$c done. Di a blood test after a week and found toxoplasma igm reactive. Was that the cause for misscarraige? I have been given spiramycin tablets for 3 weeks and to recheck after that. Is it the right treatment? but ihave read that this medicine is given only during pregnancy and my pregnacy is over no? how long shud I wait to concieve again soon. Will this infection affect again? my bleedings havnt stopped properly again. Having just slight blood discharges. How long will it take to get everything normal.
Doctor, I'm 29 years old married women. dr. mujhe viginal infection bar bar ho jata hai aur thoda pain bhi hota rehta hai. please advice me.
I have irregular periods from the very beginning of my menses. Now i’m 24 and the çase has remain altered except 4 years back when I was on medication prescribed by a gyne for the same. The reports showed hormonal disturbance but I was not comfortable with taking pills everyday so I discontinued it. Please suggest me other possible way.
I am 49 years and going through menopause. I got my period on january 30 this year but only slight colour (not even spot) was there and then on june 13 2015, for nearly three days but the flow was minimum. Now I would like to know is there any chances of pregnancy?
Sleep is a natural part of the daily biological functions and we spend some time of the 24 hours sleeping.
Sleep cycles are different for different persons and while 5 to 6 hours of sleep may be enough for some people, others may need up to 8 hours of sleep to feel refreshed. How you sleep is as important as the duration. This is one area which is often neglected by people.
Why sleeping positions are important?
Sleeping positions are very important as you stay in a single position for hours at a time every day, and if these habits are bad, they can contribute to spinal problems. Thus, many of the spinal problems can also be alleviated by sleeping correctly.
Some of the bad sleeping positions that may adversely affect your spine are as follows.
- On your stomach - This position is in overall a bad position as it curls up the spine, especially where the neck meets the spine and can cause spinal deformities over a long period of time. Certain adjustments to this position can lessen the effects, but it is important to try to change habits and sleep in a better position.
- The fetal position - Although this is one of the more natural positions and most babies are crouched up in this form in the mother's womb; as a sleeping position, it has its disadvantages as well. The lower spine is especially put under a lot of stress when someone curls up in this position.
- On your side - Although this is safer compared to the other two, sleeping on your sides straight would cause blood circulation issues and also put a lot of stress on the relevant organs, depending on the side you were sleeping on.
In all of the cases, slight adjustments to these positions will lessen the stress on the spine and also help you sleep better.
Some of the adjustments that you can make are:
1. Sleep with a pillow between your knees to align your hips and cause less strain on the spine.
2. If you don't have sleep apnea, put a pillow under your knees to raise them while lying on you back.
3. If you sleep on your back, try to consciously change your position to sleep on the side.
4. Try and actively change your posture throughout the day to ensure good sleeping position at night.
One common problem amongst a lot for women is irregular periods. While normally women have eleven to thirteen periods in a year, those suffering from irregular periods might have lesser than even six or seven. While this can be due to various problems, there exist some foods which can help cure this problem
1) ginger - often used to relieve menstrual pain, ginger is also used to correct irregular periods. You can include powdered ginger in your food or drink ginger tea.
2) cinnamon - one superfood which has a lot of health benefits is cinnamon. One can have cinnamon powder with tea or lemon juice to cure irregular periods.
3) aloe vera - it is responsible for regulating hormones in our bodies. Drinking aloe vera juice not only helps reduce weight but also regulates the periods.
4) turmeric - it is known to balance the hormones and stimulate flow of blood in the uterus. Drinking it with milk helps relieve spasm and regulate irregular periods.
5) papaya - raw papaya aids in increasing the flow of blood in the uterus and in uterine contractions, thus helping cure irregular periods.
6) sesame seeds - these help in producing and balancing hormones. Eating them also helps in regulating irregular pain.
7) jaggery - it is rich in minerals and iron, hence help cure irregular periods which can arise due to anemia.
8) grapes - grapes too contain iron and help curing irregular periods caused due to anaemia.
9) buttermilk - with calcium, potassium, proteins and vitamin b complex, buttermilk aids hormone secretion, thus helping cure irregular periods.
10) coriander - its juice is another food that helps cure irregular periods.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.