Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R Sharma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R SharmaYour feedback matters!
Blockage in the Fallopian tubes accounts for 40% of infertility in women, which is called Tubal Factor Infertility. Fallopian tubes are two thin tubes on each side of the uterus that aid the movement of mature eggs from the two ovaries to the uterus. Any kind of blockage in these tubes can prohibit the eggs from reaching the uterus and prevent pregnancy.
There are very few symptoms to detect blocked fallopian tubes. Some of the most common are :
- A particular type of blocked fallopian tube is known as Hydrosalpinx, which causes pain in the lower abdominal or pelvic region with abnormal vaginal discharge
- Painful periods can be a warning sign of blockage in the fallopian tubes
- Painful intercourse is also a potent indicator
- Spotting or heavy periods
- Feelings of extreme tiredness
- Pre-menstrual abdominal cramps
Once you know the symptoms, it is imperative to know the cause behind blocked fallopian tubes in order to get proper treatment.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is the most popular cause of blockage in the fallopian tubes. It can be sexually transmitted, but not all cases of PID are linked to STDs.
- Prior abdominal surgery
- Earlier ectopic pregnancy
- Previous occurrence of ruptured appendix
- STD infections like gonorrhea and Chlamydia
- Uterine infection due to abortion or miscarriage
There are precautionary measures that can be adopted to prevent blocked fallopian tubes, which can be opened with a laparoscopic surgery or a Hysteroscopic procedure. If you are diagnosed with PID, be sure to start your treatment as soon as possible. The most important advice is to look for symptoms of blockage and get professional help if you find any.
Related Tip: 6 Common Causes of Infertility That are also Curable?
I am 25 years old and I am not pregnant but my nipples are producing milk while sucking on. What can be the reason please let me know.
I delivered my 2nd daughter 1year & 1month ago and it's a normal delivery. I was feeding day & night till 1year & now only at nights ((ie.) 3 to 4 times after she started sleeping at night, till morning). Still I didn't get my menses. My bottom stomach & legs are painful, now & then, since the last 2 weeks.
6 Awesome Tips to Get Fit While Doing Housework
Did you know that you can burn a lot of calories doing house chores? According to fitness experts, house chores can burn up to an average of 250 calories in an hour for a 150-lb individual. This post has highlighted some of the ways you can use your house chores to build up a sweat and get fit while doing housework.
1. Turn a bend into a functional exercise
Every time you are doing a chore that requires bending, turn the motion into an exercise by modifying the way you move. For instance, when picking up something from the floor, you can do it with a lunge. Or, you can do a full squat when, say, you are lifting groceries or a laundry basket.
2. Doing Laundry
Doing the laundry is a sure way to give you a great work out. It takes a lot of physical work to keep your clothes clean; from lifting up heavy laundry baskets, to lifting your arms upwards and downwards when hanging the clothes outside. Instead of using a washing machine, you can hand-wash your clothes to burn more calories and stay fit. Obviously, washing clothes by hand involves more physical activity than simply using a washing machine.
Here are other ways you can exercise to stay fit instead of using mechanized equipment:
- Rake the leaves instead of using a blower
- A manual mower will give you greater exercise than using a gasoline mower
- Wash your car at home instead of taking it to a car wash
- Washing the dishes, rather than using the dishwasher, involves a lot of bending and reaching actions which are good exercises to do.
- Lay off blenders and choppers and use a mortar and pestle and a knife to do your food prep work.
This is another house chore that can give you a great work out. In fact, it offers you the same level of physical activity as rowing or hiking. While at it, extend the stretches of your muscles by dusting even the hard-to-reach places. Again, consider doing the whole house in one go. This way, you are sure to work up quite a sweat.
Also, while vacuuming, add some lunges to tone up your buns and legs. You can begin at one end of the house and do lunges as you vacuum over to the other side of the house. However, do your best not to lean on the vacuum cleaner, but rather rely on it for balance only.
4. Do chores that use a lot of muscles regularly
Chores, like scrubbing a wall daily, sweeping, mopping, cleaning rugs, chores that involve climbing up and down stairs several times, ironing, and dusting (especially hard-to-reach places) are strenuous activities that put a lot of muscles to use. Doing such chores regularly is sure to keep you fit.
5. Consider making a playlist of upbeat music to help you set the pace while doing chores
Scientific studies confirm that listening to fast-paced music can encourage you to make quicker moves and maximize the results of your physical activities.
Use upbeat music when doing chores like vacuuming, mopping, cleaning windows, scrubbing the walls, and other such chores.
6. Other ways to get fit while doing housework
Doing tricep dips while, say, making your bed, or climbing up and down a ladder while painting, or decorating, or doing squats while loading the dishwasher, are examples of activities that you can throw in a few exercises while doing them and working around the house.
Big changes come from small beginnings so, even making the smallest change, or implementing one simple action, can help to make you fit, especially if you make it a habit every day. When you begin to build these habits, you can slowly increase the difficulty level and try working a bit harder, but remember; it all starts with building good habits.