Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R S MishraYour feedback matters!
There is a small or very tiny swelling below my penis area and I got very much itching in it not only tha the area around my penis leave it's skin and after leaving of skin the whole area become red and it itch very badly I even can't sleep at night comfortably this skin leaving problem is started when I was 18 and it continuous till now will you please help me in this and suggest me some solution so I can get relief as quickly as possible thank you.
Nails are an important part of your physiology, although they are mostly used for either utilitarian purposes such as gripping or for beauty purposes such as nail decorations. Nails themselves can go through infections which need not have underlying causes and thus can cause damage to that part of the tissue. One such disorder of the nail is onycholysis.
What is onycholysis?
This is a disorder where the nail on the finger or the toes starts to separate from the skin below. This happens little by little and usually starts at the tip and then progresses backward. The further back it progresses, the more nail tissue it destroys. While the entire nail may not be detached from the nail bed, parts of it may chip off, showing the tissue underneath.
Symptoms of Onycholysis:
- Jagged border between the pink flesh of the nail bed and the yellow edge of the nail
- Detached nails become opaque, yellow or may turn green in color
- Nail may become irregular in shape and size
- Bits and chunks of nails can break off easily
Primary Causes for Onycholysis:
Let's look at some of the primary causes of onycholysis:
- Frequent Trauma - If you have a profession or work at home where you constantly require tapping away, it might cause minute injuries to build up within the nails and the fingers. Tapping on keyboards is one area where you could get repetitive trauma like this.
- Manicure Problems - Many salons may aggressively try to clean the underside of the nails and in the process, slowly dislodge the nail form the nail bed and cause onycholysis. This has known to be the case with many people.
- Water Immersion - If you have work where your nails are immersed in water for long periods of time, this could also affect the development of onycholysis.
- Skin Diseases - Certain skin conditions can also end up giving onycholysis. Psoriasis and contact dermatitis are other conditions that may lead to onycholysis as a consequence.
- Allergy to Nail Glue - Many makeup artists and customers have complained that certain brands of nail glue can also cause allergies resulting in onycholysis.
- Medications - Medications meant for the treatment of other ailments within the body can have the unintended consequences of causing onycholysis.
The underlying problems need to be corrected which may cause onycholysis. Once the underlying problem is corrected, onycholysis usually corrects itself. The nail may take some time to re-grow but will grow back on its own eventually and may take 4 to 6 months to cover the entire affected area again.