Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R.S.D. Sachdeva
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. R.S.D. SachdevaYour feedback matters!
I have -3.75 eye sight for both my eyes. I'm just 21 years old. Can you please give me some suggestions to reduce my eye sight? thanks in advance.
My left eye is red and swollen having little pain from last two days please tell me some remedy soon I also tried an eye drop but no relief.
I have redness in my eyes specially when when I come back from cricket practice it became more. What should I do.
My vision power increased from -0.5 to -1.75 with in 2-3 months. So, where can I check up my eyes correctly.
I am 12 science student, I am having itching in eyes from last 4days I rub my eyes to get rid of that which in turn makes pain in eyes & reddish eye, excessive blinking of eyes I had eye check up last year & I hardly watch television and also don't use Mobile for long time. I am a student 2years back I suddenly had watering eyes while studying & consulted ophthalmologist he gave me some eye drops then I was cured please let me know medication and cause Thanks.
Before you go through this, just close your eyes for a few seconds and ponder how your life would be if you are unable to see? Pathetic isn’t it? Eyes are one of the greatest gifts from the almighty, and it is your sole responsibility to protect them and keep in optimal health so that you too can keep on enjoying the beauty of nature.
Sometimes people are too lazy to go for an eye checkup when there is absolutely no vision problem and in other cases, people just don’t feel it is important to go for an eye checkup once in a year. However, routine eye exams are crucial for every person regardless of the age, gender, origin or habits. It is not just for individuals with poor eyesight but for everyone with or without eye problems. Here are the top reasons why you must be paying a visit to an ophthalmologist.
- Getting the prescription updated: You may think that your eyes are fine and there is nothing reasonable in visiting an ophthalmologist. But it is a general human tendency to neglect things until it is so late that nothing can be recovered. And your eyesight and eye health is no child’s play- it is vital in directing the quality of your life. The skilled ophthalmologist can monitor the condition of your eyes and follow up the changes that have taken place over time. Your eyes and their features are unique, and thus it becomes easier for the expert to detect what’s been altered in them.
- Seeing to the best of your abilities: People with corrective lenses often experience the need for tracking the periodic changes that have already taken place. Your eyes alter their shape and condition with time. Thus, keeping your prescription updated offers a subtle yet crucial advantage that you may not have considered before. Some of them are even concerned with your safety such as your ability to see while you drive at night.
- Eye diseases can be secretive: Sometimes, vision issues can come in quickly but often eye disorders tend to creep up that most individuals are not able to see. The deterioration can be so subtle and slow that you are unable to detect anything until it has progressed to a great extent. Eye diseases such as diabetic retinopathy and glaucoma typically have no symptoms, which can be detected at an early age.
And it goes without saying that vision loss cannot be reversed. But in case you visit your ophthalmologist regularly from an early age, vision loss can be prevented or at least slowed down.
Sunglasses are an important part of the accessories you use in summer or any time of the year. They help you to look fashionable and stylish and also make a pretty good style statement. But is that the only job of sunglasses? Or do they have something more to them? Here are a few reasons why sunglasses are more than just a style statement:
1. Decrease in eye problems: Generally, you use sunscreen to protect your skin from the Sun’s glare. Similarly, sunglasses protect your eyes from the harmful UV rays of the sun. It is extremely important for you to protect the eyes so that the harmful UV rays cannot enter the sensitive eye tissue and harm them. If you do not use sunglasses, then you have a higher chance of damaging your eye tissue than a person who uses them regularly. Bear in mind that the strong UV rays can cause serious permanent damage to your eyes.
2. Protection from other environmental components: Not only is the sun harmful to your eyes, but also the wind can be extremely dangerous for them. Dirt, sand, dust particles can fly into your eyes even when just a breeze is blowing. On a windy day, damage can be much more. If you are wearing sunglasses when out on a windy day, they act like a shield to your eyes against the wind and the particles,which might enter your eye.
3. Helps clear vision: It s often difficult to have a clear vision when out in the Sun. The bright sunlight doesn’t give you the clarity in vision. Without protection, you will have reduced vision as the bright glare of the Sun might cause you discomfort in your eyes and limit your vision as you will have to squint in the bright light.
4. Helps prevent aging: Although it might sound a bit surprising, but wearing sunglasses actually helps in prevent aging. The bright glare of the sun causes you to squint and this causes the age lines to appear. So, if you wear sunglasses and your eyes are protected from the bright sunlight, then you will not be squinting anymore, and hence it will not cause the age lines to appear before time.
So now, before you think that sunglasses only make you look good, think again about how they actually do much more than that. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.