Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R.P.Soonawala
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R.P.SoonawalaYour feedback matters!
Hi sir or madam I am suffering form cracked nipple it will pain during feeding give solution for this problem.
My wife diagnosed with lichen planus. She is being medicated for various skin specialist but there is not any relief yet. In summer lot of skin itching takes place in leg and under arm. There is now mark for itching. Pl suggest permanent solution.
Motherhood is one of the most honourable and challenging adventures of a woman’s life. Every mother in the world has her dreams of being a perfect mother and running a perfectly balanced household. The dream involves a spotless, sparkling clean beautiful home with shiny kitchen faucets, clean dishes, folded clothes, clean happy children and a happy satisfied husband. It would be great if you could all have that perfectly balanced picture perfect life, but unfortunately, that is not the case. Every single day, every mother is faced with a challenging question – what is more important, a clean house or time with the family, or time for herself.
- Set time aside to take care of yourself. Mothers who do not take care of themselves will eventually have nothing else to give. Investing in yourself is an investment in your family. You have to struggle with sleep deprivation and exhaustion, in addition to not having any time for your own self.
- You must not waste time on complaining about the heavy load. On the contrary, you should focus on finding ways to make it work. You must make a routine and follow it without fail for one month. Later, you can continue to add other routines one at a time to streamline the things. A regular routine will reduce the stress of last minute thinking and it will free up the time as well as mind for other activity.
- You must learn to say NO, without apologies, explanations, or guilt, to requests that infringe on family time. It is important for you to realize that by saying yes to one thing means saying no to something like a meaningful conversation with spouse, playing a game with their children, or catching up on laundry.
- Keep your expectations low as you will be pleasantly surprised when things work out better. Kids like to be kids and do not live their lives according to parent’s dreams. Some of us have always been a little bit of a control freak. We like to do things ourselves and we don’t like to wait for help. If you know that you can be distracted easily then you must try to do the most important thing in the day, before you give way to the other distractions and stresses of the day. If everything seems chaotic and you do not know where to start, then you should set your priorities and do the first things first.
Most of the time it is not the motherhood, it is the attitude. You should not make children an excuse for not challenging yourself to the fullest as you did when you were younger. Your passion for life and your dreams evaporate if you sit back and give up. Clothes will always need washing and the dishes will always need cleaning, but babies won’t always be babies. You would rather want the kids to remember their mother playing with them than remember that clean house was an order of the day.
It can be physically, emotionally and mentally draining to be a mother. It is also not a highly valued position in the world we live in. Your children will probably never be truly grateful for the service you render every day until they are out of the house, on their own and having children of their own.
My wife is very slim .Her height is 5 ft 3 and weight is around 48 kgs .She does not put on weight inspite of having a good diet .She does not have any issue with Thyroid and other test were already done everything is normal . I thought that after marriage she would put on weight and look full around her breast and buttocks and on her hips .But it is the same Due to her slim figure I do not get satisfaction during intercourse. Kindly advice what can be done?
There are many changes that take place in our face and body as we start ageing. While the face starts to show the signs of ageing earliest-in the form of wrinkles and fine lines as well as a sagging chin and neck, the effect of ageing on the body might be slightly late. The skin may sag or you may end up putting on weight in various parts of the body like upper arms, which may look unsightly and bring down your level of confidence as well. Signs of ageing can often make you shy away from living your life to the fullest.
For the sagging upper arms, one can always get a procedure called an Arm lift. This is also called a Brachioplasty. This is a cosmetic procedure that can be conducted to tighten the skin of the arms from the elbow upwards. Let’s see how this procedure works.
What does it do?
- Excess fat tends to accumulate in both arms togather with weight gain. Person face laxity in this area after massive weight loss or with body ageing.
- Arm Lift is a surgical procedure to tighten the skin in the arms through the removal of excess fat deposits as well as skin.
Who can opt for this surgery?
Any person who is medically fit having arm disfigurement can opt for this procedure. Patients who have signs of ageing or excessive weight gain are the best candidates for this kind of surgery. Also, it may be used by the patients who are suffering from sagging skin after losing a great deal of weight which may lead to an appearance of bat’s wings on the sides.
How is this procedure conducted?
This surgical procedure is conducted by a Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon. It’s a day-care procedure. The doctor begins by marking the various areas of concern having excess fat and flabby skin. Thereafter, the doctor proceeds to remove the excess skin so that the arms are tightened getting more youthful look. This is done under anaesthesia to make patient pain-free. The skin that is removed is usually shaped like an ellipse. In many cases, there may be a need to conduct a liposuction if the patient has excess fat as well. Once the excess skin has been removed, skin edges are approximated with meticulous sutures with various Plastic Surgery techniques.
Recovery usually takes 5-7 days. Person can resume routine activities from very next day. Sometimes you might be advised a pressure garment for better outcome. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Cancer is the one of the biggest threat to the young Indian population because of the factors that cause cancer, but also due to late detection. However, certain bad habbits and the factors increase the risk of cancer in India.
Causes of cancer in India:
- Overpopulation and the problem of nutrition: As per records, India is the world's third most populous country. However, it lacks in resources to feed the multiplying number of mouths. Nutrition plays a key role in deciding the quality of a person's life. Nutrition has therefore emerged as an essential branch of research and medical care in the last few decades. Lack of nutrition directly results in weakened immunity. Your body becomes prone to diseases, some of which can be fatal. To fight off cancer cells, one must have a strong immune system that comes from the right kind of nutrition.
- Smoking is a recurrent habit among children and adults: Smoking can cause cancer. Every cigarette packet reads the same warning messages but it doesn't actually deter smokers in any way. Smoking is prevalent among people of all age groups in India. From poor children to conscious educated adults, all are seen smoking.
- A Tropical country and its woes: Tropical countries are known to face the wrath of the sun. While most places in central, western, partly eastern and southern India experience extremes of temperature in summer, other places with moderately hot summers are not exempted from the harmful UV rays. Ultraviolet rays can be very harmful for one's skin, as it can cause skin cancer. Indians have a high amount of melanin, which protects them against sun rays, but the threat exists nonetheless.
- The concept of fast food: A global economy has opened avenues awaiting your attention in the realm of food. To suit the tones and moods of a fast life, fast food has been made available to you. We take pride in consuming things that can be prepared in an instant: instant noodles, soups and even curries. Packaged food and junk food are sources of cancer cells.
- Lack of awareness regarding the most common types of cancer: Breast and cervical cancer are the two most common types of cancer eating away the health of Indians. The problem lies in being unaware about the root causes, symptoms and treatment procedures related to these kinds of cancer. Social repression turns health concerns into matters of insignificance. Women fear social alienation after coming in the open with their problems.
Spinal cord is a very important part of your body as it renders support to your body. It also gives your body a good posture and thus maintaining a healthy spine is very essential. An unfit spinal cord can lead to various complicated problems.
The following are 5 must do exercises in order to maintain a healthy spine:
- Exercising your core muscles can help you to maintain a fit spine. Your core muscles refer to the muscles of your lower back and your abdominal muscles. These muscles give support to your spine. So exercising them can give you a healthy spine.
- Walking regularly can also give you a healthy spine. It is suitable for people of all age groups. Daily walking can help you to recover from various spinal illnesses as well such as spinal stenosis.
- Swimming is also a good exercise for maintaing a fit spinal cord. Swimming helps to exercise all back muscles and thus, gives you a healthy spinal cord.
- Lying down straight with your face down on an even and firm surface for about twenty minutes can help you to get a healthy spine and also a good body posture.
- Cycling can also help you achieve a healthy spine. While cycling, all your back muscles and the muscles of the lower part of your body are engaged in physical activity. If the muscles of your lower back are strong, then it can help you to keep your spine fit.
Other than these exercises, stretching your limbs and other stretching exercises are also beneficial for a healthy spine. But it is highly recommended for you to consult a doctor before doing any exercise in order to be guided in the proper manner and avoid further complications.