Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R.P.Singh
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R.P.SinghYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am susmitha. My height is 5'6" My age is 23. I have little brown shade skin complexion. I want to get fair complexion for my marriage searchings. Can you please help me to get fair complexion of total body? Thanks and regards, Susmitha.
Hello there, I would like to know that what shower gel or shops are good for oily skin in summer. As you know how is the summer in India so please suggest me that what to do while going out in summer days! Thanks.
I have an problem with my skin. There are some ringgrowns on my back. After treatment it is not recovered. So now what I have to do? Is there any ayurvedic treatment for ringgrowns?
Sir/ Madam, I am male 30 years, I have hyper pigmentation (melasma) last 8 years, so many creams used, but not cure my problem. Which type of treatment cure my disease please kindly suggest. And which is the best sunscreen lotion for me.
My skin is very dull. I want to do chemical peeling. This is effective or not? Which kind of peeling I do for best results and glowing face? Suggest some chemical peel name? Are the some side effects of this peeling?
Which moisturizer cream is good for our skin? Coz I used vasline bt not up to mark dry skin comes over it?
Hello doctor, I sleep 6-7 hours daily and some times more then that. But currently I am getting dark circles. How do I reduce it and avoid?
Under eye dark circles are a common appearance if you do not get the adequate hours of sleep or if you are subjected to stress over a prolonged period of time. However, if you notice the presence of under eye dark circles even after getting sufficient sleep, that might be a result of crater formation or swollen eyelids.
Causes of under eye dark circles
- Constant exposure to the sun : Which might lead to an over-secretion of melanin (the pigment responsible for skin coloration).
- Excessive rubbing of eyes : Dark circles might also occur if you randomly rub or scratch your eyes as an unconscious habit.
- Allergy/Contact Dermatitis: Dark circles might also develop due to allergies or eczema (skin inflammation) or contact dermatitis (a condition wherein rashes develop accompanied by severe itching after coming in contact with a foreign substance).
- Old Age: The gradual loosening of skin along with fats and collagen as you grow old can result in dark circles of reddish-blue hue.
- Excessive consumption of tobacco and alcohol: might also form dark circles under the eyes.
- Nutritional deficiencies: Nutrients in our diet play a vital role in maintaining both the aesthetics and the functionality of our eyes and deficiency of some of these can surely cause under eye dark circles. Nutrients like vitamin B 12, K, E and iron deficiency are just few of them.
- Hereditary factors
- Lack of sleep
Home remedies for treating under eye dark circles
- Apply almond oil on your dark circles and leave it overnight
- Cut thick slices of cucumber, place them for 30 minutes on your eyes and then wash them thoroughly
- Apply juice of raw potato on your dark circles for 2 to 3 weeks
Under eye dark circles are not a serious medical condition and can be easily decreased or eliminated by following procedures:
- In order to eradicate dark circles, you can opt for a procedure which combines aqua jet, glycolic peel (which helps to shed the affected skin in the under-eye region and initiate the natural reduction of the dark circles), micro current (which keeps the affected region duly hydrated) and associated home ingredients to strengthen the skin around your eyes.
- To prevent dark circles, you can also opt for a procedure which revitalises the under-eye regions with the help of high platelet-containing plasma. The platelets help in the creation of collagen (the building block of the skin) that restores freshness of your skin. This procedure is completely safe as it is a natural one and does not come with any side effect. Further recommendations In addition to the aforementioned procedures, you can also use a serum containing soy and rice peptides, yeast protein, hyaluronic acid, and extracts from seaweed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
I used so many home remedies for my dark circles also I sleep 8 to 10 hr and eat well good nutrition for my body and skin and drnk water alot thn also my dark circles still there not even single shade change what should I do now . I want to treat my darkcircles as fast as possible now.
Some people are lucky enough to get a dark spot in the exact place as Cindy Crawford's mole. For the not so lucky others, the only way out is to get rid of them. Zap it, buzz it and eliminate it permanently. One way to do it is with lasers. Laser is a focused beam of light that has just one colour. When directed towards a problem area on the skin, it destroys that particular pigment or tissue without affecting the surrounding areas. Laser is being used to treat brown spots, scars, unwanted hair follicles, and for tattoo removal. Lasers are also used to treat and remove brown and red spots, liver spots, age spots, sun spots, broken capillaries, birthmarks and angiomas.
Most women continue to lead a normal life with dark spots until they start feeling conscious about it. If dark spots are leading you to run from the sun and undervalue your looks, get them treated easily with laser.
- How to choose your practitioner?: When you visit a doctor for treatment, the only way to know if the doctor is right for you is by asking a lot of questions. Ask them about their training and their experience in treating particular types of spots. Another wise thing to check is the number of lasers the clinic has. Some small set ups have just one type of laser, which they recommend to all their patients. It is not just a question of experience and skill but also trust, which will ultimately help you choose the right doctor for your treatment. Also, you may be tempted to try a particular laser treatment since it worked wonders for your friend. Refrain from doing so.
- Types of laser treatment: Your type of treatment will typically be chosen depending on the severity of your dark spots - how dark they are, at what depth in the dermis do they occur, what amount of area they cover, and how old they are. The dermis is six layers deep, so the depth where the spots start can determine what laser your face will need in order to get rid of them. If your spot is fairly new and is only on the top layer, the doctor will start with the first level. Because laser can reach deep down in the dermis, it works where other treatments don't. The treatment does involve a degree of pain and sore skin, but it can yield good results if done right.
- Cost of laser treatment: Laser treatment will cost less than all the money you spend on over-the-counter skin lightening creams over years. It will also cost lesser than the amount of money you spend in buying high quality concealers over time. The cost will typically depend on the type of set up (spa or clinic) and the expertise of the practitioner.