Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Language Therapy Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Therapy Oral Language
Submit a review for Dr. R P SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old male. I am in general too kind person. I always speak to people in a very soft manner. However everyone takes advantage over me since I won't speak up. I won't show the anger or reply at that point but reflects my anger at home to my parents. I really feel bad for this. I am too soft. I am unable to speak up straight forward if I have any issues but letting in everything inside me. Finally this bursts at home to my parents. How can change my nature or attitude .please help.
Hello, I am om keshri I am 27 year old and I am suffering from stammer problem form last around 16 years. I dont know how its suddenly start happening with me. Please tell me the solution of this. One thing I want to tell you when I drunk alcohol I start speak clearly without stammer.
My voice is no longer clear. Once the operation has occurred in childhood my palate. That time was plastic surgery. Kyunki my palate was not only full shell. Who I am now 30 years old but still not speak clearly passed a measure that is still my voice is perfectly clear and can be cured?
I have an stammering problem since birth, but its very less now, i want to remove it completely ,plz suggest me what shall i do? i have taken speech therapy but it didnt work much.
Sir my father is 55 yrs old he is paralyses on 07. 04. 2015 at right side due to high bp. He is not speaking clearly & right leg & hand not moving properly. Mri report show chronic bollod clot on brains
My daughter is 2 years old and she is still unable to speak. Mumma" papa" Dada" Nana" kaka" only these words she speaks. Is there any serious problem? If this is problem where I have to go for her further check- up.
I have naturally stammering problem. So I can not get a band in ielts. So please tell me what can I do.
I started stammering since 7 the class. Now I am 24 years old. My biggest challenge is being audible and clear to people. It has created a big hindrance for me while communicating. I cannot talk normally , like others do, which has cost me my last job, as I was into customer service (voice). Please suggest me a permanent solution. I presume this is genetic , as my grand father also stammers .
I am 20 year old, I'm feeling difficult in speaking I stutter a lot, problem is from childhood, I feel more stuttering in public Please Help me to over come from this problem talk properly.
I am 19 years, my voice will be changing ,sometime thin & low and some time hard & loud why it happens? I want all time one type voice.
Which medicine/home remedies should take for the clearance of sweet voice? How should it be treated? I am having a good voice but whenever I started to sing it doesn't stable for a long time. Please help.
I cannot pronounce some sounds like'r' in great or in other words where" sound is used. What's is the cure for that?
Im a singer! Pls tell about tips and exercise for our vocal chord! What is the good way for better voice quality sound?
Sir. My friend of mine years age is suffering from stammering. It came geniticallyfrom his grandfather. Is there is any cure in any type of medicine. Or atlest control the intensity. He is feeling shy nowadays as he is growing up. Pls suggest.
I am suffering from a pain in my left hand when I try to rotate my hand. When I try to lift as well try to put hand back to its original position. It pains and also some crick type sounds do comes. Please help me whether it's frozen shoulder or something with the rotator cuff. I used to do workout with weights. But that has been a long time .
I have a national concert (a series of shows) in less than a weeks time. I have been practising hard for the same suddenly as the day is approaching my voice is sounding more and more strained and even flat at times. I cannot sing in the scale I started with and with even an hour of singing my voice starts to feel sore and tends to break. There is no vibrato at all. I have tried gurgling with salt water and also tried taking steam. What can I do to keep my voice in place for the show next week?
Sir/mam, I am doing vocal practice from last 4 months (approx). From last 3 4 days am practicing 3 times a day which I never use to do My vocal become hoarse People suggest me that this is natural, voval is making it's position But am afraid for my vocals. I do not wanna break my practice by taking rest I reduced it (if possible) Please suggest.
Language disorder is commonly known as language impairment, it is a common childhood disorder, which makes it difficult for kids to understand what the people around them are saying to them and to face difficulty in following simple directions, it also includes difficulty in expressing the thoughts and feeling through speech.
Language disorder can be classified as:
- Receptive language disorder: This disorder makes it difficult to understand what the other person is saying to the one suffering from it.
- Expressive language disorder: Kids suffering from it are not able to express themselves and their thoughts.
- Mixed receptive expressive disorder: These kids have combined symptoms of receptive language disorder and expressive language disorder, making it difficult to understand and to make someone else understand.
Symptoms of language disorder:
- Difficulty in understanding: The ones suffering from language disorder, finds it difficult to understand what the people around them are saying.
- Limited vocabulary: It is one of the prominent symptoms, in which the vocabulary of the kids is very limited as compared to other kids of that age.
- Trouble learning new things: Learning new things is a difficult task for the kid suffering from language disorder
- Repeat usage of certain phrases: Kids tend to use the same phrase again and again, which is one of the basic symptoms.
- Frustration: As the kid is either not able to understand or to make other understand or both, kids with this disorder tend to remain more frustrated in comparison to other kids, as they are unable to do things.
- Sentences which do not make sense: Making incomplete or senseless sentences is a key indicator of language disorder.
What you should do?
- Speech therapist: The treatment may include speech therapy, in which the speech therapist will work towards building the vocabulary and improving the grammar of the kids suffering, making the kids more confident and feel good about themselves.
- Psychotherapy: If the kid is also suffering from emotional issues because of the language disorder, then one should also undergo Psychotherapy, as it not only improves the morale of the patient, but also provides the guidance on how to keep improving further from the language disorder.
- Positive Atmosphere: The kids suffering from such a disorder should be made comfortable enough to enjoy their being, giving plenty of time to your young ones is the best way to cure such disorder, so one should always communicate well with his kids and make them learn new things, sing to them, listen to various sounds, show different pictures, colours, shapes to make them learn.
- Parental Support: The parents should also understand the issue well, be patient, and should support the kid to work out on the disorder. Parents should also interact with other parents, who have been there, to learn more about the language disorders and how their kids overcome the disorder.
As language disorder is one of common issue in kids, this can be managed and cured well to improve after all the required knowledge and best practices to follow.