Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R.P MehtaYour feedback matters!
I am 40 years old female. I am suffering fro leukoria from 6 months and have no baby. My uterus is normal said the test reports. Please help me.
Hello can you tell me how birth control pills work? And do I have to get prescription to get it in Nepal.
I am facing weakness issue and my periods are missed. I want to know that am I pregnant still co I havr checked twice and it was negative. My period date was yesterday that is 12 but I checked my pregnancy test before. please help me with this issue.
I do not know why there is odour arising from my vagina. Everytime I urinate, I rinse that portion with water, I change underwear everyday, I also drink lots of water. What am I doing wrong?
Today I consult a Dr. about my labour pain. My delivery date is 10 sep. She said. Contraction is started. In ultrasound amonitic fluid is 14.5. Bby weight is about 3 kg axp. She said you have to be admitted today. We increase the labour pain by injected injections. I refused it n said I wanna to be wait. Because I have normal pain now. uterus mouth is not open yet. So. Is it right that I take a injection to increase my labour pain now.
This question is behalf of my aunt. She and her husband are trying for a baby since last 2 years. All their reports required for conception are normal both husband and wife reports. They even did 4 iui with expert doctor but the results are not positive yet. What do they need to do now in order to conceive. Kindly advise.
I currently on my period. I had clots with bleeding. I underwent abortion 3 months back. Is this a serious problem?
My wife is no interest in sex at any time .I asked her what is the problem but she say no problem .so what I do.
I had unprotected sex with 20 years old women, and suddenly next day only she got started her period, just suggest me is their any chance to get pregnancy?
1) rocking immune system: regular sex ensures higher levels of what defends your body against germs, viruses, and other intruders.
2) lowers blood pressure: one landmark study found that sexual intercourse specifically (not masturbation) lowered systolic blood pressure.
3) great exercise: sex is a really great form of exercise. It is a muscular exercise that burns calories and increases your heart rate.
4) lowers heart attack risk: great sex life is good for your heart. It not just raises your heart rate, sex helps keep your estrogen and testosterone levels in balance.
5) reduces pain: getting an orgasm can block pain. Vaginal stimulation can block chronic back and leg pain, and can reduce menstrual cramps, arthritic pain, and in some cases even headache.
6) improves sleep: people usually dose of quickly after sex and tend to get a sound sleep.
7) relieves stress: sexual arousal releases a brain chemical that revs up your brain's pleasure and reward system. Sex and intimacy relieve you of stress and boost your self-esteem and happiness too.
8) reduces risk of prostate cancer: a study, published in the journal of the american medical association revealed that men who ejaculated frequently (at least 21 times a month) were less likely to get prostate cancer.
9) helps women's bladder control: incontinence, a problem that affects about 30% of women at some point in their lives is helped with a regular sex. Good sex is like a workout for their pelvic floor muscles. An orgasm causes contractions in those muscles thus strengthening them.
Water is an essential nutrient that is required by the body to perform its functions. Water is lost from the body due to various factors such as exercise and warm weather so it needs to be replenished on a regular basis.
Here are five reasons as to why you should increase your daily water intake.
1. To repair the muscles in the body - Water is vital to the muscles in the body as fatigue can set in due to the fluid imbalance in the cells. The muscles' performance is thus impaired to a large extent. Increasing fluid intake during and after exercising is recommended to keep muscles healthy.
2. Proper skin care - Lack of water in the body may be reflected on your face in the form of dry skin and wrinkles. Drinking enough water also prevents fluid loss from the body.
3. To allow the kidneys to function optimally - Kidneys function optimally when body fluid levels are normal. Lack of water causes kidney stones in warm weather and impairs the kidney function of regulating body waste.
4. Water helps in weight loss - Eating water-rich foods such as cucumber and spinach can help reduce the binge eating tendency. These food are voluminous foods which are absorbed slowly thus keeping the body full for longer.
5. Optimal bowel function - Optimal drinking of water allows free bowel movement. The fluids combined with fibre help in eliminating constipation.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
AIDS is an acronym for the 'Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome'.
According to Ayurveda the AIDS disease may be correlated with "Kshaya' or "Ojakshaya' meaning loss of energy.
The disease is caused by the dominant kapha dosha along with the other doshas tends to block the path for the flow of rasadi dhatus in their respective locations thus resulting in the deterioration of saptha dhatu Rasa(plasma), Rakta (blood cells), Mansa(muscular tissue), Meda (adipose tissue), Asthi (bony tissue), Majja (bone marrow) and the Shukra (reproductive tissue). thus resulting into the disease.
The major symptoms are:
1)Loss of appetite, drastic loss of weight-emaciation, fatigue and lethargy.
2)Susceptibility to allergies and contagious diseases.
4)Bronchial disorders, often leading to tuberculosis of the lungs.
5)Damage to intestinal flora resulting in diarrhoea, dysentery, gastritis and wide fluctuations in body temperature.
6)Prolonged fever, sleeplessness etc.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT PLAN FOR HIV
1)The first step to stem the disease is to ensure a good and healthy atmosphere for the patient. He should be surrounded by well meaning friends and relatives who must affirm that the disease state is totally curable. Nothing negative should be discussed before the patient. The patient should be given nourishing food which is easily digestible. He should be encouraged to do easy exercise which does not strain his fragile health. He should be kept engaged in fruitful activities which strengthen the good tendencies inherent in him.
2)Initially, the patient is given tonics and rejuvenators (Rasayanas) to boost immunity levels and to strengthen the system and stimulate appetite.
3)After gaining some strength, shodhana (elimination) techniques are used to expel toxins from the body through enemas, purgation and emesis. The medications administered at this stage are not hard or drastic, but soft, ghee-based so that the patient withstands them with ease.
4)Secondly the blood is purified with appropriate medications. Liver corrective measures also play an important role.
5)A strengthening diet along with medicated ghee preparations and soups is recommended. But spicy, oily and acidic foods are to be avoided. A little alcohol is recommended as anupana (carrier) to aid the digestive process, and also remove blockages in the flow of Rasadi dhatus, i.e. srothorodha.
6)Patient is advised to do regular exercise. If the patient is incapable of exercising or running due to weakness, then steaming (swedanam) is also recommended. reason behind this is 'Heated blood is said to weaken, and even destroy, the virus in some cases'.
7)Experience has shown that certain herbo-mineral compounds prepared as per the formulae prescribed by sages like Agasthya, Charaka, Sarangadhara and others for the treatment of Kshaya have brought about significant results in improving the condition of AIDS patients. The Rasayana and Vajikara effects of the these medicines are good for the patients.
8)Some of the propritery ayurvedic medicines achieving good improvement in the quality of life of patients include 'Chyavanprash', 'Raktavardhak' for Immunity building and 'Sookshma triphla tabs' to keep awaythe the infection.
An example of an Ayurvedic remedy which may be of use in the treatment of persons diagnosed with AIDS is 'Chyavanprash'. 'Chyavanprash' is most useful and most popular rejuvenator tonic(Rasayana) of Ayurveda.
This is an Ayurvedic herbal formula which increases ojas, and restores the digestive, eliminative, respiratory and sexual systems. It is frequently employed in wasting conditions where it has been clinically shown to improve health and assist with weight gain. The main ingredient in Chyavanprash is 'Amalaki'- the Indian gooseberry (Emblica officinalis), which has the highest yield of natural source vitamin C, with 3000 mg per fruit. It is also a rich source of naturally occurring anti-oxidants including bioflavonoids, vitamin B-complex and carotenes (vitamin A). Studies suggest that this berry possesses antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties. It assists digestion, lowers high blood pressure and lowers blood cholesterol. Clinical research has shown that it accelerates repair of muscle and skin and enhances natural anti-inflammatory substances. Chayvanprash also contains about 35 others herbs which amplify and augment the effects of its main ingredient; such a powerful formulation may indeed be helpful in the treatment of persons who have been diagnosed with AIDS.