Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. R.P MehtaYour feedback matters!
I had asked about my girlfriend, who didn't get period, the reason I expressed was that we had sex by adopting pull out method and traveling stress that she had to bare, for that you told me go for pregnancy test kit. After doing pregnancy test through that kit, we got negative result, it indicated single strip, but still she has not got periods, today early morning we did the test, it has been 42 day since her last period, what should we do now, should we consult doctor or wait.
I have PCOD (Poly cystic ovary disease. I am seeing a doctor but I don't see any improvement in my health. I have irregular periods from the beginning. What should I do?
Are you aware of the different consequences that may occur if you have multiple sexual partners? The more sexual partners you have, the risks of you getting an STI or sexually transmitted infection are enhanced. These infections are hard to treat, especially in patients with HIV. Until the infection is treated, your viral load may get pushed up. This makes it more likely that many people pass on the HIV virus by having unprotected sex.
What are the circumstances?
If you have sex with several partners, and one of them is infected with an STI, the virus is capable of being passed between you and all your partners. Many people end up having sex with each other without asking about STIs. This is risky as you can never tell if a person is infected by looking at them or having sex with them. If you are in a relationship with a mutual agreement of having sex outside the relationship, you need to be open and honest regarding any risk that you might have taken is a necessary part of looking after the sexual health of each other.
Things to Keep in Mind:
People have multiple sexual partners because of various reasons. These may include the thrill of having sex, the need to be desired, and also because of drugs and alcohol use because of which inhibitions are reduced. However, drugs and alcohol are very harmful to your body, leaving a negative impact and weakening your immune system. Several drugs and excess alcohol consumption affect the way your immune system tackles STIs.
Alcohol and drugs also make it more likely for you to practice risky sex, and take decisions which are unusual and unlikely to you in a sober state. Clouded judgement makes you avoid condoms while having sex. This might make you have sex with a partner despite knowing that you have got HIV. When your judgement is clouded, you may even skip the part of telling your partner about the fact that you have HIV.
For minimising your risk, in spite of having multiple sexual partners, you must always carry condoms with you. You should also avoid having sex when under the influence of alcohol and drugs. These are effective steps you should take to protect yourself and your sexual partner or partners from getting affected by HIV. You can also join a support group or consult a counsellor for advice regarding your situation. Having multiple sexual partners can also result in psychological disturbances.
I want to ask that is breast pressing very tightly and harshly for long time can cause any severe damage to breast? Or not;! Please tell! What r the risk it can cause! As during foreplay my bf presses my breast very tightly and harshly with both hands for long time. I am worry becoz I had listen that breast pressing can cause cancer and it can also damage my mammary glands and breast muscles please tell;! Please tell in detail all risk and damages! So that I can remove this worry!
I am married in nov'15 and I started having unprotected sex with my wife from jan'16 every alternate days. We are planning for a child now. But still now she is not pregnant. Please let me know what to do?
What is gastro endoscopy?
Gastroendoscopy is the visualisation of the oesophagus (aka food pipe), stomach, upper part of duodenum through a gastro-endoscopy. It is also known as esophagogastroduodenoscopy and upper gi gastro-endoscopy.
Gastroendoscopy is an outpatient procedure which means the patient can go home straight after the completion of this procedure.
What is a gatroendoscope?
Gastroendoscope is a highly sophisticated instrument which is having a shaft of 9mm in diameter. It has got a fibre optic bundles passed through the shaft to transmit the light to the tip and the image to the endoscopist.
The adaptation of endoscopes to video monitoring system has been developed to use in computer chip technology and now it is in routine use in all endoscopy suites.
What are the symptoms which could suggest the requirement of a gastro endoscopy?
- Acid regurgitation
- Dysphasia (difficulty in deglutition)
- Water brash (watering regurgitation in the mouth)
- Excessive burping and hiccups
- Pain in the abdomen
- Constant feeling of fullness of the abdomen
- Distention of the abdomen
How can gastro endoscopy help in medical diagnosis?
During routine upper gi endoscopy the entire oesophagus, stomach and prioximal duodenum are examined. And it is very useful in making the diagnosis of:
- Oesophageal cancer
- Oesophageal varices
- Gastric ulcer
- Gastric polyp
- Cancer of the stomach
- Duodenal ulcer and
- Any space occupying region in the upper gi system
What do patients need to do for a gastro endoscopy procedure?
Patient has to be fasted for 6 or more hours to ensure an empty stomach. And it is being done by giving a topical anaesthetic. The anaesthetic is applied to the pharynx (throat) to numb the gag reflex. Sedation may be required for the procedure.
How much time does IVF with ICSI takes frm step 1 till the implant of embryo. Is it possible to work with the treatment going on?
My wife is 6 month pregnant her legs and legs fingers are thick. What is reason ?and what can I do for it? Any problems?
Hello , I am having periods and I suffer from very head pain, my body starts paining a lot, bleeding is not an issue but pain is the problem please suggest me some thing can not bear pain any more.
I m pregnant for 1 month please suggest some good food to help grow up the baby and also for me I cant get over weight and body shape destroyed?
I have missed period in this month and it has been 16 days I have missed period and I am not sexually active my white discharge is normal i. E thick and thin both and occurs daily please help.
The Ayurvedic body of knowledge relies on the rhythms and functions of the body to find the root cause of ailments. The digestive tract or system is one of the most important organs of the body. The entry and accumulation of Ama or toxins can lead to an imbalance in the way the small and large intestines functions along with various other participating organs like the liver and more. As per Ayurveda, the digestive fires or Agni also need to be produced in appropriate amounts.
So how can you understand and take care of your digestive system, the Ayurvedic way? Here's our take on the matter:
- Types of Agni: The digestive system has four kinds of Agni or fire that keeps it in working condition. The Jathar Agni ensures that hydrochloric acid is being produced in the stomach which directly affects the thyroid gland. The Bhuta Agni takes care of the bile acid formation in the liver. The Kloma Agni manages the pancreatic enzymes that help in digesting and absorbing sugar properly. And finally, the Dhatu Agni takes care of the tissue transformation in this entire process and region. A weak state of any of the four Agnis will lead an imbalance and food will not be digested properly.
- Doshas and Agni: As per Ayurvedic science, the state of your Agni and its strength depends on the four Doshas and the one that afflicts your being. In Vata and Kapha Dosha patients, the Agni will be weak which will lead to a 'cold' digestive system where the food will not be digested properly. This can lead to constipation in the long run as well as loose motions and gas. In case there is a Pitta Dosha, the raging fire of Agni will be unbearable, which can lead to acid reflux disease and chronic acidity as well as heartburn.
- Herbs and Spices: The use of herbs and spices while cooking can greatly cool or revive the Angi, depending on your Dosha. Ingesting a sliver of ginger along with lemon juice can help in warming the cold fire of the Agni, along with other aroma releasing spices like cardamom, pepper and licorice. Further, saliva and enzyme secretion can happen with these spices too. Also, these herbs can ensure that your digestion does not work overtime or create excess heat.
- Ama: Using hing to season your meals can also help in better digestion of food and less accumulation of Ama or toxins.
One needs to know the state of the Agni in the body and regulate the diet and routine with proper sleep and food intake patterns, for a well-functioning digestive system.