Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R N Verma
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R N VermaYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years old male. I am married and having a 1 year old baby now. As I am doing PhD. Now in a reputed institute and it is needing a lot of concentration and hard work on study, my wife and I have decided not to have sex for 3 years. Because after having sex, I am becoming week and unable to concentrate on study at least for 3 to 4 days. My wife is controlling for not have sex. But I am unable to control my self for not to have sex for maximum 6 to 7 days. So I am forcing to my wife to have sex again. In case she is not agree, I am mastubating my self and becoming week again. I have setup my mind for many times and promised to God also for not do sex as well as not do handling. But no fruitful result I am getting. I am losing my confidence to complete my PhD work. Kindly suggest me how can I control my desire for sex so that I will not become week and I can concentrate on my study.
After a robust workout at the gym, nothing feels quite so good as spending a little time in a sauna or steam room. The concentrated heat pouring over the body seeps into the muscles and relaxes them after their exertions and helps a guy wind down. But is there any reason to wonder if using a sauna (or similar options, like a steam room) could have an impact on penis health, and in particular, on penis function? It's a good question and one which those concerned about their penis should consider.
There are two basic types of saunas: wet and dry. Wet saunas use steam to create their hot environment. Dry ones do not. Saunas often use very hot rocks as their heating source, with water added to them to create the steam. Wet saunas tend to be hotter than dry ones, but both create situations where a person produces sweat. This sweat helps to cool the body down while at the same time helping to release toxins.
Pros and Cons
There are many pros and cons associated with using a sauna. Some of the pros include:
- Reducing stress. Spending an appropriate amount of time in a sauna can help relax a body and reduce levels of stress. Stress, of course, is associated with many health problems and can be a contributing factor to penis function issues.
- Increasing blood circulation. Blood vessels tend to relax through sauna exposure, and pulse rates go up. This allows the blood to circulate more freely and rapidly throughout the body. (Healthy and unimpeded blood flow, of course, is also important for good penis function.)
- Weight loss. While sitting in a sauna is not going to shed poundage in a significant way, long-term consistent use, especially in tandem with exercise and dietary changes, can contribute to losing a little bit of weight. And since obesity can be a detriment to penis function, this doesn't hurt.
- Healthy skin. By ridding the body of toxins, skin - including penis skin - often benefits by being healthier and stronger.
But what about cons? Some negatives to consider include:
- Dry skin. If a guy spends too much time in the sauna, the healthy skin benefits dry up - literally, as the oils that are necessary for good skin maintenance get sucked out.
- Blood pressure may react negatively. People with hypertension need to be careful about how much time they spend in a sauna. The increase in circulation and pulse rate can also lead to an increase in blood pressure, if a guy with hypertensive tendencies doesn't pace himself. And high blood pressure situations are a no-no for sustained penis function.
- Sperm effect. Sperm do not appreciate excessive heat situations. Prolonged exposure to hot conditions is known to lower sperm count, so staying too long in the sauna may affect a guy's little swimmers.
Ultimately, whether a sauna is good or bad for a man's penis function really depends on the individual; certainly men with cardiac or blood pressure issues should consult with a doctor before using a sauna. But in general, for a typically healthy man, most sauna use is fine so long as common sense is used. In other words, don't spend too long a time in the sauna, be sure to stay hydrated, leave if feeling sick, etc.