Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R N TandonYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am using coconut oil and salt scrub every alternate days to my hands will it make fairer to my hands.
Sir my mother 82 years old. She is suffering from ANAL FISSURE. Is there any ayurvedic treatment for the same.
I have a lot of black heads and dark spots on my face. Please recommend anything because I have applied lot of things and still no results appear.
Sir last 1 year my left lag DVT problem I take two medicine daly first os Nicoumalone tablet ip acitrom 4mg and second is Aspirin gastro-resistant tables ip 150mg. Sir please suggest me how to solve this problem pramnatly.
I am getting some skin rashes causing itchiness and making me uncomfortable. Please help me. Home remedies could help.
Hii. Dermatologist suggested me to apply clear gel on face. I forgot to ask tat after applying gel when I should wash face after how much time? Wat r uses of clear gel?
I am having Enlarged Prostate since last 15 years. At present my Doctor has prescribed Sildura 8 Medicine. I want to know as whether, is there any other better Medicine for Enlarged Prostate ?
Sir I want laser for dark circles. Kya yhi shi rhega mere face k liye Koi side effects to nhi hoga. please sir I want held.
Dry skin is a condition caused by the lack of moisture in skin. Fine lines and wrinkles are just some of the conditions, which may be caused due to dry skin. Dry skin can also be very uncomfortable. The condition is mostly caused by environmental factors such as exposure to harsh weather conditions or getting soaked in hot water.
People at risk:
- Age: People who are older than 40 years of age tend to be more at risk of dry skin than people who are younger than 40 years.
- Climate: As mentioned earlier, weather conditions play a pivotal role in causing dry skin. Therefore, people who live in areas where the climate is either very hot or very cold tend to get dry skin more often than people who live in temperate climates. Low humidity is another factor which causes dry skin.
- Profession: Some professions, such as nursing or hairstyling requires frequent usage of hot water all through the day, which can also lead to dry skin.
- Swimming: Swimming is one of the major causes of dry skin. This is especially true in pools, which have chlorine. This is because chlorine increases the itchiness on your skin.
- Lifestyle changes: Usually, lifestyle changes such as avoiding long, hot showers and putting moisturizers are good enough to make sure that dry skin goes away.
- Lactic acid: Creams with lactic acid and urea can be prescribed by your doctor, if the dryness of your skin does not go away with moisturizers. These creams are usually over-the-counter medications.
- Prescription creams: Prescription creams are given, only when conditions such as dermatitis, psoriasis or ichthyosis are present.
- Wet dressing: Wet dressing is given only when dermatitis has set in, as it mostly help in preventing the infection.
- Oiling: Oiling your body, especially with fish or flaxseed oil, ensures that your body does not succumb to dry skin.
- Hand sanitizer: Normal hand sanitizers tend to make your hands dry. Thus, dermatologists recommend hydrating hand sanitizers that allow your hands to maintain their moisture. Therefore, whenever you are using a hand sanitizer, use a hydrating one.