Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R L Nayak
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. R L NayakYour feedback matters!
I am kidney transplant patient and using immuno suppression medicine tacrolimus one night I forget to take a dose in 3rd month after transplant now it is 4th month I am still worry about that incident is it safe or not?
Renal stone or kidney stone is the most common problem that is found in different people these days. It is mainly a hard mass that accumulates either in one or both the kidneys that can cause pain and another discomfort. Renal stones are classified into two types and these are:
- Calcium Stones and
- Uric Acid Stones.
Symptoms Of Renal Stone
Many times pain in the lower section of the stomach can be due to many reasons such as acidity, but long term pain can be considered as a symptom of renal stone. This happens when the stone moves from the kidney to the urinary tract or also when the stones grow. Some other symptoms apart from the pain are:
- The colour of the urine is turned into red or brown as it contains blood,
- The urge of urination increases,
- Nausea and Vomiting at times.
Causes Of Renal Stone
The medical term used for the renal stone is renal calculi or urolithiasis or nephrolithiasis. The problem can occur due to a number of reasons and a few among them are:
- Increased calcium amount in the body,
- Genetic factor,
- Disease or infection in the kidney or the urinary,
- Consumption of alcohol and also some oxalate food items,
- Diseases such as high blood pressure, hypercalciuria or gout,
- Inflammatory disease of intestine and stomach,
- Side effects of wrong medication.
Home Remedies By Ayurveda For Curing Renal Stone
There are some of the home remedies available that are suggested by the Ayurveda:
- Treating Renal Stone With Kidney Beans
- Add 4 litres of water to 60 grams of kidney beans.
- Now heat the mixture for about 4-5 hours.
- Now strain the mixture through a muslin cloth into a container.
- Keep the fluid aside to cool down.
- After the fluid cools down completely, start drinking one glass of the fluid every 2 hours.
- Make sure that the fluid should be consumed within 24 hours.
- Do this for a week time.
- Treating kidney Stone With Basil Leaves And Honey
- Crush about 10-15 basil leaves and make a paste of it.
- Take out the juice of about 1 tablespoon of the paste.
- Now add one teaspoon honey to the juice and mix them well.
- Consume this mixture every day once.
- Treating Renal Stone With Pomegranate Seeds And Horse Gram
- Add about half litre water to 1 cup horse gram.
- Now heat it till the water comes down to about 1/5th and then strain the liquid.
- Crush some pomegranate seeds and add about 2 tablespoons to the liquid.
- Drink this mixture daily.
- Apart from these remedies, drinking apple juice regularly and doing regular exercise also helps in getting rid of renal stone. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hi. Last 3,4 days my anal is paining when motion time, and motion also not clear it's take time to release so please suggest me a tablet .thank you.
I am 21 years old male. I had kidney stones but have them removed. Now I after 3 to4 months after stone removal I am having a problem. I can't initiate a urine stream and I am unable to poop for 3 to 4 days. My so no graphy reports are normal. Left and right kidney are normal size. Prostate is normal size and every things fine. Then why I am facing these problems. Last night I felt like I had nightfall but nothing came out of urethra. I am having some problems in erection as well. Please help me.
From past 1 year I am having fissure with a offensive smell coming from my rectum most of the time. The smell is much like stool smell. The smell will be extreme if I eat non vegetarian food and after every bowel movement. What is the reason behind the smell and how to cure it? It has made my life worst. Please help.
What are kidney stones?
The primary function of the kidney is to filter the blood and eliminate the waste products through urine. The waste deposition is sometimes in the form of excessive calcium, uric acid and other undesirable contents. It may cause the urine to get highly saturated. This is when stone-like formations take place inside the kidneys. Kidney stones are also termed renal lithiasis or calculi. There are different kinds of kidney stones, which are differentiated based on its varied constituents. Kidney stones cause excruciating pain and uneasiness. Frequent urination, extreme discomfort during urinating and presence of blood in the urine are some of the major signs of kidney stones. The symptoms are not evident if the stones are very small in size.
Causes of kidney stones:
- Incorrect calcium intake: High amounts of calcium can lead to high calcium depositions in the kidneys. It is important to keep the calcium intake moderate. Calcium supplements must be checked if you have already included dairy products in your diet.
- Abnormal rates of sodium in the body: Sodium, just like calcium, gets deposited in the kidneys.
- Excessive animal protein intake: Too much of animal protein intake can make the urine turn acidic, leading to uric acid depositions in the kidneys.
- Sugary, aerated drinks: These lead to undesirable waste deposition in the blood stream and eventually in the kidneys.
- Inadequate water intake: Not keeping the body well hydrated can cause the urine to turn acidic and increase waste deposition.
Potential risks and complications of kidney stones:
- Kidney stones may cause an infection in the kidneys which may eventually spread to the other internal organs and surrounding tissues.
- Kidney stones block the ureter and cause severe pain and discomfort that make sitting, standing or any other posture difficult.
- Kidney stones rarely cause kidney failures but the severe blockage and infection may cause such detrimental results in the human body.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
After laser operation (stone in my urine) Should I take fish, chicken and egg? What kind of food I avoid?
My alkaline phosphatase value is 272. But PSA value is 0.42 ng per ml. Urine culture shows e.coli growth and colony count 90000 cfu per ml. Is it anything to be worried?
I am 23 years old female and I have the problem of frequent urination. Why is the problem. Am I diabetic or what is the reason for this. Please tell me.
The bean-shaped organ kidneys in our body is one of the most important parts that helps in eliminating waste products from the body and also for maintaining the hormonal balance. But due to various reasons such as stress or wrong diet, often the kidneys may face irregular working disorder.
Of course, there are a number of medicines today and also medical treatments to cure various kidney diseases. But if you are not pretty sure of taking such treatments and wish to have something much secure, then trying the home remedies can be the best thing. Ayurveda has a list of remedies that help in curing such kidney issues.
Things To Avoid
- Reducing Salt Intake: When the condition of the kidney is not feasible, consuming salt over it can make the situation even worse. If you are urinating, again and again, this means that your body already have an excess amount of potassium and the kidney failure is may be due to an abnormal balance of hormones in the body fluid. Hence, it is the best thing to take a low salt diet. Consuming frozen food items may also add extra salt to the body and hence an ideal practice is to go for fresh fruits, vegetables and meat items.
- Lowering Protein Intake: Now, this is a tricky thing and you need to cross check this. There are many times when kidney problems take place due to the high amount of protein intake while some other times it takes place due to lack of protein in the body. So, lowering the protein intake can be done to cross check whether the condition is improving or not.
Remedies To Follow
- Herbal Tea: Among various natural remedies that can be started to cure kidney ailments, one of the best one is to include herbal tea in the diet. There are a number of herbal tea options that can be included in your daily diets such as dandelion tea, blueberry tea and marshmallow tea, but the one that is said to affect the most is the green tea. Green tea is said to be high in antioxidant properties and hence they are great in curing kidney ailments.
- Aloe Vera Juice: This one plant helps in curing a number of issues both externally as well as internally. Whether it is skin issue or intestine issue, aloe vera juice can be of great help. Aloe Vera has an anti-oxidant property and hence it is great in treating kidney infection and then curing the diseases of the kidney completely.
- Water: This can be the simplest way to treat any kind of kidney problem. If you are in the initial stage of any kidney ailment, then the best way is to treat it with water. Drink at least about 6-8 glasses of water each day that will allow you to urinate more and hence the problem may get cured.
- Yoga: Pranayam, suryanamaskar and meditation should be followed everyday.
There are different medicines and also herbs available to treat kidney dysfunction. But these above mentioned can be the easiest methods of all. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!