Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R K Sinha
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. R K SinhaYour feedback matters!
I am 50 years old male, when I takes spice food, I feel blood is out with stool, I want to know the causes and remedies.
Hi, my mom had an operation of her womb. Known as Bachadani in Hindi. Around 8-9 years back. But she has bleeding in urine today. What to do? Is it an serious issue?
My dermatologist has prescribed me reju glow face wash for oily and acne prone skin. Is it safe to use as it contains glyceric acid and salicylic acid and it is winter so should I use or not.
What are the symptoms of malaria, what are the symptoms of dengue fever, what are the symptoms of flu what shall I do.
I am 23 years old male and have hair fall for last 3 months. I have used so many shampoos but their is no control. What should I do now?
Catatonic depression is a kind of depression which is characterized by prolonged periods of speechlessness and motionlessness. It is described as a state of mind that is caused by neurogenic and motor inabilities caused due to dysfunction of various neurotransmitters like glutamate and dopamine. People who suffer from a severe case of this condition, even have difficulty in performing simple regular tasks. For example, the act of eating breakfast may take a span of hours.
Some of the common symptoms of this condition are:
- Feelings of sadness
- A change in appetite causing gain or loss of weight
- Difficulty in concentrating and thinking
- Feelings of restlessness, worthlessness, and guilt
- A loss of interest in any activity
- Trouble sleeping
- Attempts at suicide
- Cynicism and negativism
- Unusual and abnormal movements
- An inability to move and difficulty in speaking
- A refusal to eat or drink due to extreme anxiety
The major causes of catatonic depression are:
1. Abnormal neurotransmitter production - Irregularities in the production of neurotransmitters are believed to be one of the major causative factors of this type of depression. These neurotransmitters present in the brain help cells to communicate with each other. Serotonin and norepinephrine are the neurotransmitters which are mostly associated with this type of depression.
2. Dopamine irregularities - Another reason for this condition is believed to be the irregularities in dopamine, glutamate, and gamma-aminobutyric acid neurotransmitter systems. Underlying neurological, physical, psychiatric or psychological conditions are accompanying issues.
Administering antidepressants or using electroconvulsive therapy are some of the known ways of treatment which have proved effective for getting relief from catatonic depression. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.