Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R. K. Sharma
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. R. K. SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi sir/madam my name is vijendra kumar. My problem is when am on bed if I close my hands I get pain in my hand joint and if I open my hand I mean if I make my hand straight It controls my pain. What s my problem.
Hello doctor, I used to have very thick volume of hair, but for few months suffering from hairfall and hairs volume is getting thinner from inside. So what should I do to retain thick volume of hair and what kind of shampoo should I use? Should I use conditioner after shampooing. Please get back to me soon. Thank u.
My mom is 55 years old. Please prescribe the medicines that may help her. Her neck pain radiates from the neck to the right side of her head. She has difficulties in turning her face to the right or left side. This is going since 3 years and its now getting worse. She has blood pressure and is taking regular tablets for BP. And the back pain and knee pain also seems to be troubling her a lot. Thanks in advance.
I am 48 years old & having chronic back pain. From last 20 years not able to sleep straight. From last one month I am having piles problem. Not able to sit and having backache also. After motion & during motion I feel very pain but its not bleeding stage. Please advice permanent cure of this disease.
I have pain in shoulder joint. I have got it checked from different doctors and they said it's a frozen shoulder issue. You can get treated by medicines. But I could not recover that pain. Any solution to it? Age is 30.
I am suffering in cervical spondylosis. Now almost 3 days in a week severe headache feel in the backside of the forehead. Taking Crocin advanced tablet when headache is feel. Please suggest.
I was affected with back pain because of continuous travel in bus n share auto in in comfortable positions. Now I could not able to bend down, further when I am having a deep inhale my back pains a lot. I have tried basic floor exercise which is not working. Let me know what home medicine I can have to overcome the problem. This is the first time I got affected.
I have a pain in my legs and its get hard to walk so what I get to relief pain my legs so please tel me I waiting for your answer.
The Ulnar nerve is the longest unprotected nerve in the human body (meaning it is not protected by any bones or muscles), and is also one of the predominant nerves that enables efficient sensation and function to the hand. The Ulnar nerve begins at the neck and travels all the way down the inside of the forearm to the palm of the hand. However, at this point, the Ulnar nerve branches out within the palm and into the ring and little fingers.
Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome of the wrist is a condition characterized by an entrapment of the Ulnar nerve as it passes through the Guyon's canal within the wrist. Women are more likely to develop this condition than men because of incessant household works and also sitting at the table and working on the laptops and desktops on an everyday basis.
The most common cause of Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome is a ganglion cyst, which is a non-cancerous fluid-filled lump that usually originates from the wrist joint.
The treatment of Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome of the wrist includes both non-surgical and surgical methods. Usually, people who are diagnosed with this syndrome at the first stage can be cured with simple physiotherapy at home.
Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome of the wrist may occur in individuals of all ages, races, ethnic groups and gender but majorly as per the reports, women are more likely to develop this condition than men. From the past studies, it is seen that the individuals who participate in sports that involve repetitive stress on the wrist, such as gymnastics , table tennis, lawn tennis , badminton are the common and frequent victims of the syndrome.
Also, certain occupations that require repetitive overuse of the wrist, such as carpentry or painting are also sufferers of this syndrome.
The common signs and symptoms of Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome are as follows;-
- Tingling sensation within the little finger(pinky) and ring finger.
- The patient might feel pain within the wrist.
- The person might also face difficulty while gripping objects.
- Loss of Ulnar nerve function.
Techniques which help in the diagnosis of Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome are as follows :-
- Physical Examination:- A thorough physical examination is important in determining if an individual has Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome of the wrist. During the process, a physician will examine the hand to look for any common signs of the syndrome such as a diminishing or loss of muscle tissue, muscle weakness or dry skin within the spaces between the fingers.
- X-rays:- This process uses radiation to produce images of the wrist.
- Computerized Tomography of the wrist joint:- A CT SCAN takes a series of X-ray images from several different angles. These images are then intermingled to create cross-sectional images of bones and soft tissues with the body.
- Magnetic resonance imaging:- An MRI is a more scrutinized scan that uses strong magnetic fields to produce clearer and transparent images of the bones and soft tissue that surrounds the wrist.
- Electromyography(EMG):- An EMG shows the electrical activity of the muscle during rest and contraction of the muscle.
- Nerve conduction velocity (NCV):- Nerve conduction velocity shows the speed at which electrical signals move through a nerve.
Treatment for Ulnar tunnel syndrome:
The treatment measures for Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome of the wrist include both non-surgical and surgical methods:-
- Surgical excision - Surgical excision involves the removal of the ganglion cyst, scar tissue, or it may help mitigate any other factor that causes compression of the ulnar nerve.
- Endoscopic Ulnar- Endoscopic ulnar tunnel release is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that allows a physician to examine the carpal tunnel within the wrist using an orthopedic device called an endoscope.
- Applying ice or a damp heated towel to the wrist can help reduce pain and swelling.
- Any activity that aggravates the wrist condition should be avoided.
- Complete immobilization of the wrist with a cast may be required to restrict movement.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory oral medications, such as indomethacin and naproxen, may be used to treat Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome.
- Corticosteroid injections help in temporary relieving symptoms, such as pain, and in improving the range of motion.
- It is important to begin some light exercises after the symptoms have decreased. Physical therapy may help restore strength, as well as flexibility in the muscles.