Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R K SexenaYour feedback matters!
I'm 26 year old. I have oily skin. I suffered with chicken pox in 2012. Now chicken pox dots are more on my face. Will you please suggest me any cream or anything to remove dots. My skin is medium black.
I use computer a lot, I dont know but these days I look very pale and my large dark circles are forming around eyes, so please help me, how to reduce them and energytic.
I am 25 Yr old I have acne problem since early 20s. Now I get pimples only on my forehead areas. Black heads on my nose and open pores on my all face. My face skin looks dull. I want my skin clear n toned. What should I do? Any suggestions.
I am 21 years old. My complexion is close to wheatish. But it has got dull since I came back from the tour due to exposure in sun n moreover my skin get easily tanned even from the little exposure to sun. Tell me the quick fix to remove this tan to get glowing skin back.
On my face too much dark spot how can I remove this? If you help I will very happy to use your step.
Hii .on my face have some blackheads on my nose and many pores on whole face. So pls say how I minimize the pores and also describe laser technique for minimizing the pores & cost of laser technique & about blackheads.
Hello sir, I need an medical suggestion to remove dark marks on body its black shadow any cream for those ?
One of my friends is suffering from breast cancer and it is said that intense pain is there. How can we be away from cancer?
Doctor I have burnt on my right hand please can you tell me homemade solution or method so that I can remove burn marks from my hand.
My mother is having treatment from a psychiatrist for last 2.5 months for depression. Now she is having burning sensation in mouth, chest hands back. Not sleeping at all. Lack of vision in eyes. She says she will not get well now.
We are all aware of how certain foods affect our overall health and weight. There are foods that work more than just boosting your metabolism or keeping a check on your blood sugar levels. Some foods can even improve your skin’s quality!
Here are some foods you can incorporate in your diet for healthy, glowing skin:
- Tomatoes: The chemical that imparts tomato its red colour, lycopene, has amazing benefits for your skin. Lycopene is an antioxidant that can brighten skin and slow down aging. The best way to reap its benefits is to eat tomato-based foods 3-5 times in a week.
- Green tea: Loaded with antioxidants, and acne-fighting powers, the humble green tea can protect your skin like no other. From acne to dull skin to aging, 3 to 5 cups of green tea can keep all that at bay, and give you healthy,glowing skin.
- Berries: Berries that are deeply coloured, such as cherries, strawberries and blueberries, are packed with antioxidants, which can counter blemishes and add that coveted glow to your face.
- Seafood and fish: Seafood and fish are rich in omega-3 fatty acids—a source of good fats. Eating good amounts of fats actually slows the process of wrinkling and combats acne problems, and everybody knows these two skin problems are a glowing skin’s biggest enemies. You can eat 5 servings of fish in a week to make your skin supple and glow.
- Pumpkin seeds: It’s not surprising that pumpkin seeds are called superfoods. These minuscule seeds contain numerous essential minerals like zinc, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, and manganese. They are rich in antioxidants and provide generous quantities of vitamins E and A, and contain essential vitamins including vitamin K and B. It protects your cell membranes, helps maintain collagen, promotes skin renewal, and anti-aging skin care. Enjoy pumpkin seeds on their own as a snack, add them into a homemade trail mix, or sprinkle them on yogurt or oatmeal.
- Carrots: Carrots are rich in beta carotene, which prevents cell degeneration. It slows down aging and adds a healthy glow to your skin. Carrots contain vitamin A, which has been found to have beneficial effects on wrinkles, lines and dull skin. You can drink carrot juice, or put them in your salads to get maximum benefits. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Every living thing goes through a cycle of birth, growth, development, aging, and based on its lifespan, die. Be it an insect with a lifespan of few hours to the giant tortoise who live for more than 150 years. Now what causes ageing has been debated about widely. It is a combination of gradual wear and tear of the body combined with gradually declining pace of replacement of the worn out/missing parts. When younger, the body's ability to replace lost skin or bone is strong and it gradually declines with age.
- Recent studies have shown that there is a strong genetic component to ageing. We all have noticed how not everybody ages at the same pace - while some continue to look younger than their biological age, the reverse is also true. Intrigued by this finding, a lot of research have gone into what contributes to ageing. It has been discovered that a lot of ageing factors are inherited, especially from the mother.
- Now, a little bit of cellular details. There is a part of the cell that is called mitochondria, which is the energy production unit within each cell. It has been discovered that the DNA of the mitochondria which is mDNA has a lot to do with how a person ages, specifically what is inherited from the mother. If this has undergone mutation, the inherited mutated mDNA accelerates the ageing process.
- To add to this, there is also a lot of research studying the details of how young genes look different from old genes. The idea is to study this difference and then find out the difference and then see how we can make the older ones look more like the younger ones. This will indirectly reduce the aged look and produce a younger outlook.
- Since the most obvious and apparent ageing is seen on the skin, research is being conducted how the cellular membranes called aquaporins act. These are important for regulation of water movement to and from the cell. It is well known that younger skin is more hydrated compared to older skin, and ways are being identified to keep the older skin more hydrated and thereby produce a younger look.
- There is also a lot of correlation between nutrition and environmental factors and the overall ageing process. Genetic mutations are produced by these factors which also lead to accelerated ageing.
- While everybody tries to maintain the younger looks, ageing is something inevitable. While we can do a lot of things by modifying our lifestyle and with chemical support, it cannot be completely halted. While we can try to manage the diseases related to old age, ageing may not be something that can be stopped completely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
How to improve skin tone for dry skin. Which creams I have to use. Give me some tips to get skin tone lightening.
Hello sir, I used melapik cream along with Lumiedge soap by dermatologist advice for pimples. But I had darkness caused due to dry ness and itching on my face. Again doctor suggested me use kojiglow forte cream. I used it for one month. But I don't have any result. My face becomes very dark. please suggest me to glow my face and reduce the darkness around with and chin and under eyes.
Skin health is an indicator of a number of factors, such as blood circulation, digestion and waste removal from the body. The skin is considered to be an organ in itself as it performs certain important functions in the body. Therefore, you always need to make sure that your skin is in its optimal health. Common skin conditions like acne, dandruff and blackheads can easily be prevented by following certain precautions.
Outlined below are some tips to keep your skin healthy:
- Avoid junk food: It’s high time you stop eating processed foods and the ones covered in grease. Junk foods which are rich in oil and sugar can make your skin oily and cause acne. Instead, replace them with seeds and nuts.
- Exercise: The benefits of exercise are not limited to fat loss; it is beneficial for the skin too. Exercises such as running boosts blood circulation in the skin and the sweat helps in draining out various waste products from the body.
- Diet: Your diet should consist of fiber rich foods, which improve your digestion. Many problems of the skin are linked to a bad digestive system. Cut out simple carbohydrates and include complex carbohydrates such as brown rice.
- Follow a skin care regimen: You should follow a proper skin care regimen to maintain your skin. Wash your skin with a mild cleansing agent every day and moisturize it. Apply sunscreen while going out to prevent sunburns.
- Drink lots of water: Drink lots of water every day. Water helps in cleansing the body by removing the waste products from the body. Abstain from alcohol because it only adds calories and damages the liver. Aim for at least 2-3 litres of water on a daily basis.
- Avoid overexposure to the sun: While sun exposure allows the skin to produce vitamin D, but too much of that can lead to sunburns. It increases the risk of certain skin cancers as well. Make sure to apply sunscreen and wear full sleeved clothes before going outdoors.
- Exfoliate regularly: Make sure you exfoliate your skin on a regular basis to clean your skin and get rid of the impurities. Don’t scrub your regularly as it may damage the skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.