Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. R.K OhriYour feedback matters!
When I wake up in the morning. Why my voice is low. Please give me remedy for this. I am a vocalist, so it's very irritated and my voice is getting low at afternoon. What to do the voice range high?
I am a singer by profession from mumbai. I'm suffering from vocal nodules from last 6 months. I have a big size polyp in my right vocal chord. Its been 4 months m taking regular treatment. Homeopathy medicine plus vocal therapy from a renowned doctor in mumbai. But still only 20 to 30% recovery is there. I'm really tensed as my whole career depends on my voice. please suggest what should I do to get recover soon.
My kid is 3yrs 3 months old, he is stuttering from last 4 months. We have shown to child specialist they have given a syrup called "piracitam stem" for 2months. But still he is stuttering. Whether we have to repeat the syryp untill it stops.
Hi, I am 34 years old male, having stammering, but got worse in last 3-4 years, when speak, face expressions get worse, want cure immediately with fluency. Please help. Staying in gurgaon. Want free or affordable hospital. What about TISA? Thanks.
I found too much gums and saliva in my mouth, for that my voice not come clear and some words start like shh, sh, h alphabets are difficult to pronounce. Please help me how to make it clear or any speech practice I can do.
I want to be a singer and my voice is not at all good! I really want to see a change in my voice: and for that all I need is expert's advice. Advice about the time of exercise I should do to make my voice good and wht should I have to eat and what should I have not to? A full detailed chart from you all! I seriously need help Nd I want someone among uH to help me plz.
Sir, My father has diagnosed with thyroid calcification nodule, and suffering with cough & voice hoarseness since last two month so please suggest what we do now?
How to cure Stammering ?/Any medicine to stop Stammering? It will be little difficult for me to doing exercises on daily basis.
I do not get words in my mind while speaking, I get stuck and I think fast, and I stammer badly. Suggest me ayurvedic medicine or homeopathic medicine along with pranayama to cure stammering?
Hello doctor. My name is sharath and my age is 15 years. I'm very fond of singing. But my voice is becoming too rough and breathing also not supporting me. And I get feeling of cough. What I do now?
A large number of people in the world suffer or has suffered from speech disorders like stuttering or stammering at some point in their lives. Stuttering or stammering is the involuntary disruption or interruption in speech where certain sounds are prolonged or words are repeated. Speech disorder can cause a lot of problems in terms of personality build up and causes anxiety in people. Every activity of the body is dealt or controlled by the nervous system and the brain. Thus the proper functioning of the body is the sole responsibility of the brain and any glitch can affect the functions to a certain extent.
What are the symptoms of speech disorders?
- Words are repeated
- Prolongation of words or silent blocks
- Hesitation while speaking
- Difficulty while starting a word or a phrase
What causes speech disorders?
- Genetic problems
- Stress, Shame and Anxiety
- Embarrassment and nervousness
- Loss of control while speaking
Ayurvedic remedies to overcome speech disorders:
- Brahmi Oil: It is a stimulant that is known to calm your mind and boost the function of the brain. Take 10 ml of the oil and warm it. Cool it down to a suitable temperature and apply to your head when it is lukewarm, half an hour before going for a shower. You can also apply it before going to bed and shampoo the morning after. This is more effective.
- Black pepper, almond and sugar candy: Take black pepper, and make a paste out of it. To the paste, add 7 ground almonds and mix it with sugar candy. Consume this paste every day for at least a month.
- Amla: It is an effective remedy, especially in children to stop stammering. Also known as Indian Gooseberry, it should be chewed on to slowly every day.
- Cow's Butter: Also called as ghee, it is responsible for brain development and is known to increase memory. Add this ingredient to your food.