Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R.K Mahajan
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R.K MahajanYour feedback matters!
Sir, today I am diagnosed with internal hemorrhoids grade 3.what is the best treatment do you suggest. Is there medical treatment? Or laser treatment is good. Which one is permanent cure?
I am 23 years old n stay in mumbai n work. I hav pain in the area where neck n shoulders meet. It usually starts paining in evening between 5-6 n stays till I sleep. I normally put balm everyday. What should I do?
Is there any permanent cure of acidity or gastric, any medicine could help in long term relief? Specific diet to follow?
Appendicitis is a chronic or acute medical condition where the appendix gets inflamed and causes severe pain. If left untreated, the condition can prove to be fatal. The appendix is a small tube shaped sac at the end of the large intestine. In humans, it is typically not known to have any functional value although some studies suggest that it helps digestion by creating a conducive environment for friendly bacteria. Surgical removal of the appendix is suggested as the most common treatment for the ailment.
One of the key causes of appendicitis is believed to be the partial or complete obstruction at the mouth of the appendix. The common causes of obstruction include accumulation of fecal matter, worms, enlarged lymphoid follicles, trauma or tumors. It is also possible that an infection in the stomach could have extended into the appendix.
Appendix is commonly detected because of its progressive worsening pain in the stomach which narrows down to the lower right side of the abdomen is called Mc Burney point. Half of the patients though do not have this typical symptom and instead come in with a complaint of gastroenteritis, urinary tract infection or even a kidney stone. Further blood tests, urine tests and MRIs or ultrasounds are used to pinpoint the area causing the pain.
In most cases of advance appendix, a surgical intervention is necessary. The type of surgery will vary on a case to case basis.
Homeopathy can be tried in early stages and is especially useful to treat chronic and recurrent cases. It works with the principle of 'like cures like', which means that the elements that cause the problem are a key to its solution too. It employs a holistic healing methodology getting rid of the signs and symptoms and restoring complete health. While other treatments focus on curing the 'problem', homeopathy also deals with the basic reason of the problem and the individual's susceptibility to it. Here are some of the remedies:
- Arsenicum album: This is used when the appendicitis has resulted in sepsis and the patient also suffers from diarrhea.
- Belladonna: This is an early stage remedy for cases where appendicitis is accompanied by headache, fever
- Bryonia alba: This is an effective remedy when the pain aggravates with movement.
- Colocynthis: This is a recommended remedy when the patient experiences spasmodic or entwining pain, which worsens with indigestion. Applying warm pressure over the area helps in such cases
- Rhus Tox: This remedy is also called the 'homeopathic knife' to treat appendicitis. It is used when the pain is constant and the patient is never free from pain.
To customize the selection of the remedies according to your specific symptoms, it is best to consult with a practitioner.
Hi Sir, I'm 22 years old Femal mujay urin ki problem hai. Mujay urin ki ek dam se hajat hoti he or tez chubhan b hoti he or me control nai kr pati .flush pe bethtay bethtay hi nikal jata he kai dafa bethney se pehlay hi nikal jata he. Me bahut depressed hu iss waja se. Please koi esi med. Btaen jis se foran theek ho jaey. please jldi reply kijyey ga. Or kya ap ki suggessted med. Doosrey mumalik mn available hoti he like PAKISTAN?
Hi, My mother is diabetic with heart problem as angioplasty done. But sugar level is very high fasting 230 and post prandial 360. She was having two times azulix mf 2 mg but later on doctor prescribed to have medicine on 3 times a day. but still no improvement in blood sugar result Kindly suggest the better medicine if possible.
Do you need vitamin supplements? Here's how to find out
Taking vitamin and mineral supplements is increasingly becoming common these days. People generally opt for these supplements to ensure good health as their diets are usually lacking in vitamins due to the pursuit of a hectic lifestyle.
But before you begin consuming vitamin supplements, it's necessary for you to know whether your body actually needs them. According to nutritionists, you should plan your diet appropriately to fulfil your nutritional needs and not depend on vitamin supplements to do so. If your diet includes foods like fruits, green vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, legumes, fish and lean meat, you won't need vitamin supplements.
So, when exactly do you need vitamin supplements?
You might need vitamin supplements in the following cases:
- If you are above the age of 50, you can take vitamin b-12 supplement. Additionally, you may consider eating food items fortified with vitamin b-12, like fortified cereals.
- If your diet does not meet the normal requirement of 1, 600 calories a day, you should consider dietary supplements. Moreover, the diet of people who do not consume red meat usually lacks in zinc and iron, which can be supported by vitamin supplements.
- If you are a woman whose menstrual cycle is associated with heavy bleeding, you might need vitamin supplements.
- If you suffer from a disorder that has a negative impact on the nutrient absorption process of your body, you need to take vitamin supplements. These conditions include chronic diarrhoea, food intolerance, food allergies or any disease related to the liver, pancreas, intestines and gall bladder.
- If your body has difficulty in absorbing and digesting nutrients because of a surgery of the digestive tract.
- If you are a woman who is planning to have a child. Women who want to get pregnant should consume 400 mg folic acid, which can be obtained from dietary supplements or fortified foods.
- If you are pregnant, you should include a prenatal vitamin in your daily diet. This vitamin should contain iron. You may also fulfil this iron requirement by consuming a separate iron supplement. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.