Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R.K. Gupta
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R.K. GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have a growing lump outside my anal. Its been 5 days and the pain is unbearable. At first the lump was hard but now its soft and watery. Its causing severe pain and im afraid to even touch it. Im having difficulties while passing stool too. Im scared to talk about this to my parents so we can to the doctor. Help me please.
Once the reality of the positive pregnancy test sets in, dreaming about the yet-to-arrive begins. Curiosity about gender, options for names, ways to manage, shopping ideas, etc., begin to get discussed. And then totally out of the blue the news comes that there is a miscarriage. This is one of the most depressing phases. It is very important for the family to be around and support each other. While the entire family is upset and hurt over the news, the mother needs most care as there is just not emotional but a huge physical component also to the episode. On the other hand, remember that miscarriages are extremely common, and is no indication of a fertility issue.
The first step would be to diagnose and confirm the miscarriage. After that, depending on whether it was complete or incomplete, some medical intervention might be required. In most cases, medications like misoprostol are given to expel the uterine contents. These help by clearing out the contents in about a couple of days' time. In some cases, a D and C might be required if your doctor suspects that medication will not suffice. This also helps identify if there is any issue in the uterus that could have caused the miscarriage.
While the above takes care of the physical part, the emotional component also requires cautious management. Needless to say, this is trickier than the earlier one.
- Mourn to your heart's content - When you have nursed a life within you and have lost it, it is very normal to cry for its loss. There would be a mix of emotions - shock, denial, confusion, anger, grief, depression, etc. Take some solace from that fact that this is nature's way of removing unhealthy fetuses.
- Get someone to talk to - Need not be your husband, but anybody whom you can talk to without having to watch words. A sibling, a good friend, a close relative - your choice. Make sure you don't pick ones who will judge and sympathize with you. More than sympathy, you need someone understanding and knowledgeable.
- Socialize more - As you would have kept to yourself post your positive test, use this time to socialize more and meet friends whom you have not regularly been in touch with. Close family members, your children (if you already have), society groups, movie groups, etc., help to a great extent.
- Formal medical counseling: If you are not able to cope with your regular circle of family and friends, try seeking professional advice from counseling.
- Spirituality - Whether you believe in temple or churches, spend some time there. Involve in some religious activity if you would like, this helps very often.
As much as it is painful and traumatic, it is not very uncommon or unnatural. Get back on your feet, the sooner you do, the better.
I am 25 years old. Previously I got surgery for brest lumps at right. Now I got lumps at left side also and I have a lump at my right hand. I went to a gynic, she examined and said it was not harmful. If you want surgery you can if you do not want just leave them. Previous surgery results was also normal. But now I feel swelling under arms on left side. Please suggest me that it is better to go for a surgery for that?
Hi I am from Chennai. I had very fair complexion. But I got tanned a lot. I am looking for natural and home made treatments for removing the tan. Please do provide me.
I am 20 year old boy. I have pimples for last 2 months, pimples on forehead are very small and more in number, and now pimples are looking black. And thus leading to spots and pores on face. My skin is very dry. What should I do?
I have a skin problem in my hips and ears and its spreading to mu face now, I am so much tensed, when I take medicine its stops but after leaving medicine its again come, what should I do,
I have some white spots in my skin and they appeared recently only so how can I make my skin again look good. Till now I have not done anything.
I am having a dry lips situation which doesn't seem reduce. I apply lip balm every day but that's just a temporary solution. After few hours my lips dry again and the lip skin starts peeling off similar to as in the case of dry lips. This happen all seasons irrespective of humidity in the climate. Am I having some deficiency and how can I take care of it if yes?
Hi I'm a 19 year old femaleFive or six weeks ago I had a patch of dry and flaky skin on my upper lip. Today my entire upper lip has gotten rough like there is a plastic on top, I can't smile bcoz it stretches and bleeds. Its scaly to look at and very hard to tough I'm worried please help!
My mother right armpit and breast pain sometimes before two year age 52 pain in not regular take when she take medicine then she feel good but always feel pain what's the problem please explain.
I am having a very dry skin and my skin tone is swarthy. I am facing hair fall problem or less growth problem, it has thinned down a lot and its prominent in the forehead looks really odd like getting bald. The other concern is my body skin tone is very uneven and some places (e. G. Legs) are very dark, patchy, scaly, looks very bad. Is there anyway both can be fixed to some extent at least?please help .
There are many commonly occurring fungal infections of the skin like athlete's foot, ringworm, yeast infection and jocks itch. These infections are caused because of warm, moist and humid environment which is ideal for fungal growth. There is no need to worry, as all these conditions are treatable with topical ointments and medicines.
Here is all you need to know of common fungal infections of the skin:
1. Athlete's foot: It is diagnosed with skin sample tests. The common symptoms are:
- Burning and itching
- Redness, blisters, softening or breaking down of skin.
- Peeling, cracking and scaling of feet.
2. Jock's itch: Jock itch, also called tinea cruris, is a common skin infection that is caused by a type of fungus called tinea. The fungus thrives in warm, moist areas of the body and as a result, infection can affect the genitals, inner thighs, and buttocks. Infections occur more frequently in the summer or in warm, wet climates. Jock itch appears as a red, itchy rash that is often ring-shaped. Symptoms can be described as:
- Itching, chafing, or burning in the groin or thigh
- A circular, red, raised rash with elevated edges
- Redness in the groin or thigh
- Flaking, peeling, or cracking skin
3. Ring worm: Ring worm is a fungal infection which can occur anywhere on the skin. It is circular in appearance and often cause the surrounding skin to become scaly. Symptoms are common as of most fungal infections. Ring worm can be treated with many over the counter creams.
4. Yeast infection: They occur when yeast on the skin grows more actively and causes a red, scaling, itchy rash on the skin. Yeast infections are not contagious. It is especially common among people who are obese or who have diabetes. People taking antibiotics are also at risk of such. Yeast infection is one fungal infection with most varied symptoms.
Signs of yeast infection in skin folds include:
- Patches that ooze clear fluid
- Pimple-like bumps
- Itching or burning
Signs of yeast infection in the nail beds include:
- White or yellow nail that separates from the nail bed
Signs of thrush (yeast infection of the mouth) include:
- White patches on tongue and inside of the cheeks
Signs of vaginal yeast infection include:
7 Anti-Beauty Habits That Kill Your Looks the Most!
You might be spending a lot to add to your beauty. But there are many bad habits which affect your beauty. Here is the list of the most common terrible habits which might be damaging your skin and health.
1. Squeezing pimples: When you pop a pimple, clogged pore is burst open releasing bacteria. These bacteria come in contact with your rest of the skin and increase the acne. Moreover, habit of squeezing pimples may also leave scars and pock marks. The best way to get rid of pimples is to use medicated/ antibacterial soap and let it heal itself.
2. Licking/ chewing your lips: Chewing your lips make them even drier and chapped. It makes you to lick and chew your lips more often. Excessive lip biting also results into bleeding and infection. To avoid this, get yourself a good lip balm and apply regularly to moisturize and protect your lips.
3. Nail biting: Nail biting result in ugly hands, fingers and nails due to cuticle biting. It can also result in infections of nails, mouth, finger and dental problems affecting your smile too. Work upon triggers to prevent these issues by yoga, manicure etc.
5. Sleeping with makeup on: Make up clog your skin pores and oil glands, making it difficult to breathe and prone to acne. To avoid this, spare sometime before going to sleep to cleanse your makeup and moisturize the skin well.
6. Ignoring the sunscreen: Ignoring sunscreen in summer is exposing your skin to UV rays. UV rays cause wrinkles and dry your skin giving you the older look. To protect your skin from UV rays, use sunscreen before half n hour of going out.
7. Inadequate sleep: Inadequate sleep releases the stress hormone in the body. It also ages your skin by decreasing collagen from skin. Hence try getting enough sleep.