Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R. C. Misra
Submit a review for Dr. R. C. MisraYour feedback matters!
Sir, I'm 27 years old, 5'8" height, facing a problem of Liver and pancreas fatty. And abdominal pain left and right side. I consult a doctor, and he advise for UDILIV 300 for 15 days. It was helpful, but again after 10-15 days same problem occurs.
Hello Doctor! I am very often suffering from acidity and gas pain in chest At times my bp also rises. Some medicines don't suit me also .should I show to a gastrologist As the medicines General physician give does not work much on me. I also try drinking warm water. Jeera detection.
Hi am 24 years old female. 2 weeks ago I noticed little blood in my stool. There was no pain or diarrhea or constipation. Recently since 2 days I'm noticing red spots in stool, not sure if it's blood. Also I have been experiencing burning sensation in anus after passing stool for couple of seconds. Please let me know what's causing the problem. I'm very much worried.
I am 24 weeks pregnant. For 1st tym I had white discharge followed by slight abdominal cramps and back pain for short tym. I went to a gyn. She prescribed me duphaston 10 mg daily for 20 days. I want to know is this medicine safe to take. What is the purpose of this ?will it harm my baby? I have history of myomectomy for subserosa fibroid and pcos.
I am a 28 years female. Since childhood I have never been able to empty my stomach in the morning. It is only after 3-4 hours after I wake up when I can excrete. please suggest something probably some home remedies.
My iui was done on 5th Sept. After that i'm suffering from severe lower abdomen pain. And feeling weakness in my legs. Please guide for the same.
How to overcome the gastric problem in natural way without any effect and what we have to do solve the problem permanently tell me the answer please?
Sir/madam I have a stomach problem since 2 years. And I have a digestion problem. If I eat any fast-food I can't digest. So please tell what can I do.
I am suffering from regular problem of acidity I am facing this problem since 3 days so please suggest me what should I do now?
Gallstones are a medical condition in which the formation of stones takes place in the bile duct or the gallbladder. One of the major factors responsible for the formation of gallstones is an elevated excretion of cholesterol by the liver, most of which remains undissolved by the bile. The undissolved cholesterol may crystallize resulting in the formation of gallstones (yellow cholesterol stones, a condition termed as Cholesterol Gallstones). In some cases, increased level of bilirubin in the bile (triggered by a liver problem, liver damage or other medical conditions), which doesn't undergo a breakdown, may lead to stone formation (known as Pigment Gallstones). Here, the stones appear black or dark brown in color.
Gallstones are common among women, especially those who are 40 years and more. Obesity, diabetes, liver disorders, unhealthy diet (rich in fats and cholesterol), certain medications (those containing estrogen) can also trigger the formation of gallstones. Gallstones left untreated and unattended can give rise to serious complications such as blockage of the pancreatic duct (resulting in Pancreatitis) or the bile duct. There may also be inflammation of the gallbladder. In extreme cases, a person may even suffer from something as serious as Gallbladder Cancer.
Laparoscopy to remove the gallstones
- While a lot of treatments and medications are available to deal with gallstones, most people opt for Laparoscopy. What makes laparoscopic surgery superior to the other open surgeries is that it is minimally invasive with a better and quick recovery. Also termed as Cholecystectomy, the laparoscopic surgery for the removal of gallstones as well as the gallbladder involves the following steps.
- General anesthesia is given to the patients before the surgery.
- The surgeon makes 3-4 small incisions in the abdomen.
- The surgeon then inflates the stomach to get a better view of the internal organs (including the organs affected). Carbon dioxide gas is passed into the stomach to inflate it.
- In the next step, the surgeon carefully inserts a laparoscope (a narrow and long tube that comes with a high-density light and a front camera with a high-resolution) through one of the incisions (usually the one close to the belly button) to aid in the surgery.
- Nex,t the surgeon inserts the surgical instruments needed to get the gallstones and the gallbladder removed.
- Before the surgical removal of the gallstones and the gallbladder, an important X-ray of the bile duct called the Intraoperative Cholangiography (shows the bile duct anatomy) is done.
- With the gallbladder and the stones removed, the laparoscope and the surgical instruments are then removed and the incisions stitched carefully.
- The gallbladder is known to store the bile pigment. With the removal of the gallbladder, there is a small rearrangement. The bile pigments now move from the liver into the small intestine via the bile duct.
- The patients may require spending 1-2 days in the hospital. The patient is expected to be in a better shape (less discomfort) within 2-3 weeks.
- In case complications arise during the surgery, the surgeon may have to switch onto an open surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!