Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. R. C. MisraYour feedback matters!
I have gas problem scans 1 & half year if I drink tea or some junk food I can't digest it what can I do for this please tell me.
Hello, I am 19 years old. The problem is sometimes when I sit on toilet I feel stools are very tight and also there are cuts on the anus mouth. I usually don't eat junk food. Please help I took ayurvedic medicine for 3-4 times in a year and also consulted a allopathic doctor too who gave me ciplox tz for my condition for 5 days. I have pain and burning sensation in the anal region too. I want a permanent cure for this and also are dairy products elevating this condition?
From last 8 years I have consistent gastric problem, bloated stomach, uneasiness, at times piles problem unable to clear stomach in the morning. I have anti gastric pill at night and anti acidity in morning.. I am a vegiee, non alcoholic guy age 45 years. Am I doing any thing wrong?
Hello doctor, Muze subah uthne kar brush karte time vomiting jaisa lagta hai. Aaj doctor ko bolo to unhone Voloz D lene ke liye bole. Tooth me sensitivity hai to unhone bola ye acidity ke vajah se ho raha hai RA thermoseal se brush karne ke liye bola hai. Lekin mai ye puchna chahta hu ki agar acidity hai to theek kyu nahi ho raha hai approx ek saal ho gaya muze laga theek ho jayega lekin nahi hua. Mai morning me tea and 1 pm ko lunch and 6 pm ko tea and 10 pm ko dinner karta hu. Please koi solution bataye muze kuch samz me nahi aa raha hai ye theek hoga ya nahi.
Also called gluten-sensitive enteropathy and celiac sprue, celiac disease is an autoimmune digestive disorder, wherein the consumption of gluten-based foods leads to damage of the tissues that line the small intestine. This hinders the ability of your body to absorb the essential nutrients from the foods you eat.
Under normal conditions, the immune system of the body offers protection against external intruders. When individuals diagnosed with celiac disease consume gluten-based foods, gluten resistant antibodies are formed by the immune system. This causes them to attack the linings around the intestines, thus causing irritation in the digestive tract and harming the villi (hair-like structures on the covering of the small intestine which absorb nutrients from the food). This impairs the nutrient absorbing capacity of the individual, thus increasing chances of malnourishment.
Celiac disease has symptoms that vary from patient to patient. Some of the common symptoms include:
- A severe skin rash called dermatitis herpetiformis.
- Digestive problems such as:
- Musculoskeletal problems such as bone and joint pain as well as muscle cramps
- Aphthous ulcers which are basically sores occurring in the mouth
- Tingling sensation in the legs which are caused by low calcium and nerve damage
- Growth issues in children since they cannot absorb the required amount of nutrients
- Irregular menstrual cycles
Other complications associated with celiac disease
- Miscarriage or Infertility
- Osteoporosis. This is a disease which weakens the bones and causes fractures. It is caused because of a deficiency of Vitamin D and calcium.
- Intestinal Cancer
- Other birth defects: Such as irregular spinal shape because of the deficiency of certain nutrients, especially folic acid. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.