Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R.C. Arya
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. R.C. AryaYour feedback matters!
Gout is a type of arthritis, which can affect your joints, though usually, it causes maximum harm to your big toe. Symptoms that you are having a bout of gout include having a stiffness and swelling of the joint in question. The pain is very sudden and also causes a burning sensation. Gout is basically a recurrent type of inflammatory arthritis. However, the pain associated with gout can be remedied by Ayurveda.
Here are some of the best Ayurvedic remedies which can be used:
- Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu: Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu is the most common and most widely recommended treatment for gout. However, it needs to be taken on an empty stomach. It is also worth note that it works best when teaspoons of it are taken two times a day with warm milk.
- Kaishore Guggulu: Kaishore guggulu is a type of medicine, which should be accompanying Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. It Is usually administered after some initial relief is felt from Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. Its best to consume this medicine in tablet form thrice a day.
- Shallaki: This Ayurvedic remedy is great for decreasing the pain in the joints affected. It also decreases the swelling in those joints, which have been affected by the bout of gout. Shallaki is also crucial in making sure that cartilage forms and that the blood supply to the joint which is affected by gout is still stable.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains and also inflammation of muscles. This herb can also work wonders on your blood circulation.
- Pinda Taila: This is a type of oil which needs to be applied externally. Pinda Taila is a very rare class of medicines which treats gout externally. Pinda Taila or Guduchyadi Taila is administered by rubbing it on the body part affected. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am going to gym daily. From 3-4 days I am feeling little pain and discomfort in my right under ribs. Please suggest the reason behind and solution.
Sir, My wife aged 50 years prone to migraine and back ache. Yesterday she suffered a back ache. And she felt a ache transfered to bottom of the central part of the chest. Not in the heart area. Taken tab for muscle catch. But not of a much relief. Ache still there. Can not take long breath. Any remedy is welcomed.
I have neck pain and observed that C5 and C6 bone prolapse. Kindly advice if proper exercise Nd over work Nd pressure is prevented whether it ll be resolved.
I am 30 years old. I have severe back pain, my job is to sit n work for 9 to 10 hours. Consulted doctor. Thy take x-ray but all is good. sciatica pain items. What shall I do now. If I stand or work for long hours my right leg pain is increasing. If I take rest. Its coming to normal. please advise.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder in which the body recognizes the body's own system as foreign and produces an inflammatory reaction. The synovium which is the space between the bones and the joints and contains a lubricating fluid which allows easy movement of the joints.
Inflammation of this space leads to painful, swollen joints that can also turn red and become stiff over a period of time. The joint surfaces can gradually progresses to produce deformities (the swan-neck deformity of the hand for instance) and disability.
Because it is an autoimmune disorder, the exact etiology is not known but lifestyle, stress, cold weather are supposedly predisposing factors. That being the case, it is not surprising that Ayurveda has a variety of options, both in terms of do's and don't's to manage rheumatoid arthritis - both the severity of symptoms and further progression of the disease.
Do's: A well-planned diet will help by supporting optimal functioning of the immune system and nourish the affected joints.
- People diagnosed with RA should follow a diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables. Drumsticks, bitter gourd, carrot, papaya, green leafy vegetables, cabbage, etc., reduce inflammation and hyperactivity of the immune system. The antioxidant properties in these neutralize the free radicals circulating in the body (responsible for increasing inflammation). This helps control the longstanding inflammation of the joints
- It is also advisable to eat them as whole fruits and not as juices. The fiber in the whole fruits helps digestion
- Sprinkle pepper powder over cooling food items like cucumber and radish
- Include garlic which is an excellent remedy for RA, can be mixed with buttermilk
- Whole grains such as wheat, brown rice, millet, barley are beneficial for RA, their high fiber content helps in proper digestion and promotes regular bowel movements
- Honey mixed with water
- Drink boiled milk to which dry ginger powder is added; this can replace tea and coffee
- Milk mixed with turmeric powder is also helpful in controlling inflammation
- Work at reducing weight
Don'ts: In addition to adding the above to your diet, there are some things to avoid, which can worsen symptoms of inflammation.
- Avoid overall unhealthy and irregular diet habits which affects the immune system and aggravates symptoms
- Avoid sleeping during daytime and staying awake at nights
- Avoid deep fried foods and fermented food items
- Given its autoimmune nature, it is better to avoid regular allergy-inducing foods like dairy products, soy, peanuts, processed foods, artificial additives, etc. These could trigger an enhanced allergic reaction.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco
- Avoid tea and coffee and other caffeinated drinks
With simple daily food habit and lifestyle changes, the severity of RA can be managed effectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.