Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R. Bhalla
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. R. BhallaYour feedback matters!
I am 52 yrs old male since last 2/3 months I am feeling (back) cervical neck pain & numbness on my right hand from arm to fingers with pain for few seconds often and often & feel uncomfortable. What is this? I don' t understand please suggest me.
Hello, I have pain in my right leg, the pain starts from lower part of leg to upper part of leg. I consult neurosurgeon. They suggest me for surgery.In the MRI reports: Diffuse disc bulg with posture-central extrusion at L5/S1 level causing thecal sac compression and B/L neutral forminal compromise. X-RAY L.SPINE:spondylitis changes. The patient was managed conservatively with I/V antibiotic, OHA, PPI and other supportive measures. I want to know there is really needed for surgery or can treat with other medicines?
I am 60 years old. My both the arms are paining. I am not able to lift my right hand from the shoulder level. Not able to touch my top back or rub my back with my right hand. What I have to do ?
Hi, i met with an accident in year 2011. It resulted in left temporal bone fracture. Ultimately i recovered but hearing problem in left year continued can you suggest any measure? I took advice from doctor but couldn't get over it?
Paralysis means the loss of normal muscle function in a part of the body. It can occur to any part of the body such as just the legs, just the arms, or complete lower or upper body paralysis. The signals from the brain to that part of the body will stop, as a result of which, the person will not be able to move that part of the body. There will be a complete loss of sensation in that body part, the person will not be able to feel any pain or anything else.
Types of Paralysis:
Based on which part of the body is affected by paralysis, you can classify paralysis into four types:
- When just one limb is paralyzed, it is called MONOPLEGIA.
- When one side of the body is paralyzed, such as a leg and an arm, then it is called HEMIPLEGIA.
- When the lower part of the body is paralyzed, then it is called PARAPLEGIA.
- When both your legs and arms are paralyzed, it is called QUADRIPLEGIA.
How is Paralysis caused?
Our sensation and movement are controlled by the peripheral nervous system and the central nervous system. So, when there is any disruption in the communication between the brain and the muscles, muscle movement and control will be affected. In the long term, this will cause weakness in the muscles and finally, end with paralysis.
How does physiotherapy help with paralysis?
- The first thing you need to do is, you should start the physiotherapy treatment as soon as a person is affected with paralysis. You should not waste a lot of time. Early treatment can offer better results.
- The main objective of physiotherapy for any patient is to make them as mobile as possible.
- When you are undergoing physiotherapy treatment for paralysis, it will stop the progress of the paralysis.
- If the paralysis is due to an external injury to your brain, then you will be highly benefited by physiotherapy. The physiotherapist will start working on the external swelling and also on the muscles that are not affected by the trauma. This will result in making a paralyzed person more mobile.
Physiotherapy is always considered as one of the best treatments for many health conditions. Many experts recommend physiotherapy for paralysis.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!