Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R.B.L. Singhal
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R.B.L. SinghalYour feedback matters!
STDs or STIs are usually transmitted from one person to another through body fluids while being in a physical relationship. Herpes, Chlamydia, HIV and gonorrhea are some of the common STDs you may be susceptible to. These diseases are extremely unpleasant and usually cause long term health issues. Sometimes they might even be fatal. Here are a few ways you could use to prevent yourself from getting affected with STDs:
- Abstinence: The best and most certain way of preventing STDs is practicing abstinence. Although abstinence from any type of sexual activities including oral, vaginal or anal sex is a surefire method of prevention, it is not a very realistic method to do so. If you don't want to practice abstinence, make sure you educate yourself about other prevention methods.
- Single partner: Practicing monogamy in terms of sex is the safest kind of sexual activity. Make sure both you and your partner get tested for any STD. If you and your partner are not suffering from any STD and you both agree to practice monogamy with each other, then you automatically cut down on the risk of suffering from STDs.
- Talk: Talk to your sexual partner about his/her sexual health. Inform him/her about yours as well. Avoid having sex with someone who does not inform you with his or her sexual health information.
- Avoid taking drugs or alcohol: Try not to get drunk or take drugs before having sex. They reduce inhibitions which actually tend to make you reckless. You tend to become more adventurous and do not keep the sexual hygiene in mind at that time. Using a condom in the influence of alcohol and drugs can also result in a condom failure. Be sober enough before you have sex.
- Do not indulge with a person with symptoms: If someone shows symptoms of suffering from any kind of STD, do not indulge in any sexual activity with him or her. Refrain from having sex with him or her until he or she is treated by a doctor.
- Take precaution: Use different forms of protection while having sex to prevent pregnancy as well as STDs. But you have to realize the fact that these forms of protection are not full proof and always have a slight percentage of risk embedded in them.
Be extremely careful before you indulge in any type of sexual activity with anyone. After all, your health is in your hands. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am 38 years old male, I have problem and doctors said they "to rule out breath esophagus" and have a omeprazole 40 mg from past 2 years, it is cause heart burn and acidity when I stop take medication, can you suggest any alternate for these problem without medication?
Erectile Dysfunction is a condition characterized by the inability to achieve or maintain an erection firm enough to indulge in intercourse. This condition tends to have an adverse impact on any intimate relationship, not to forget one’s psychological well-being.
Erectile dysfunction can occur due to numerous physical or psychological factors. Sometimes, this condition can develop because of underlying medical conditions, such as hypertension, hypothyroidism, high cholesterol, diabetes, anemia, obesity, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
A history of alcoholism or drug abuse just magnifies the risks of this disorder. Psychological or physical trauma, anxiety or stress can also be possible causes for such a disorder. Subconscious sexual aversion towards the partner can also trigger erectile dysfunction.
The most effective Ayurvedic preparations to cure ED are as follows:
Consuming a glass of pomegranate juice on a regular basis (it is loaded with antioxidants and increase the blood flow to the genitals) might help restore lost sex drive.
According to Ayurveda, a prescribed dosage of Jeera powder (that is high in Zinc and potassium content) can help increase blood flow to one’s genitals, thus averting this condition.
A glass of warm milk with drumstick flowers in it can work wonders if it is consumed on a daily basis for 2-3 months.
Consuming a concoction of 2 tablespoons of ginger paste and 2-3 tablespoons of honey thrice a day will provide an effective cure for erectile dysfunction.
- A regulated consumption of the ‘Ashwagandha’ herb can be extremely helpful to get rid of the disorder. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.