Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R A DevarshiYour feedback matters!
My son age is 2.4 years was not eating food daily instead eating biscuits lays etc. What should I do for him to eat food. suggest some ways.
Hi. My 4 year daughter got sudden pain in right knee resultantly could not walk properly since two days before. could u tell me reasons and remedy?
My baby is 3 month. His skin is very unfair. What is the healthy diet & massage for his healthy skin & healthy growth.
I am using Johnson baby soap to my 1years 8 months boy. He z become so dry day to day. Wt z d best soap for avoid dry skin to my kid?
Sir, two months old boy has breathing problems and he cannot take breast milk. Where to we take him?
My son 15 month s has loss appetite and runny nose, with a slight diarrhea, he's not taking milk, rice, etc. I noticed that his molar tooth upper is coming out, can it be because of this ? he had a fever for 2 days but now normal, it's been 4 days now altogether.
Almost all of us have experienced bloating, gas or an upset stomach. Yet some people experience this problem at a chronic level. Gas occurs in the stomach and intestines due to breakdown of food into energy. All of us pass gas, however some people do more than others. An average person passes gas 5-20 times a day.
An upset stomach can often cause problems and can be a difficult battle for many people. Although the symptoms of gas problems often relate to an improper diet, yet other factors may be also responsible.
Causes and Symptoms of Gas Problems
- Swallowing air: The swallowed air which is not burped out, passes through the digestive system and is released through the opening of the anus. Hiccups can also occur if you have swallowed excessive air.
- Diet: The reaction of different foods varies from one person to another. Also foods that lead to odorous gas may also vary from person to person. Yet, spicy foods and dairy products are the most common causes of gas. Example - Beans, cabbage, onions, radishes, eggs, carbonated drinks, sugar, packaged foods etc.
- Medications: Certain medicines and supplements, including prescription drugs, can lead to gas problems and bloating. Further, medications which change the hormonal balance in the body can also cause bloating.
- Medical problems: Certain medical conditions such as Irritable bowel syndrome or bowel obstruction can also lead to an upset stomach.
Common symptoms of gas problems include gas pain, cramping, bloating, diarrhoea and constipation. In the worst of cases, gas and bloating indicate colon cancer. Such people experience rapid weight loss, anaemia and blood in stools.
Modifying your lifestyle, in particular your dietary practices, is essential to a healthy recovery.
- Avoiding foods such as spaghetti, oats, bran, barley, banana, bread etc. which contain high fibre content is important.
- You can opt for over the counter medications after consulting your physician. Homeopathy and Ayurveda can be also opted as alternative forms of treatment.