Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R A DevarshiYour feedback matters!
My son is 5 month old and his weight is 4.7 Kg, birth weight was 2.6 kg. We just started to give him cow milk one time in a day .is this ok? Showing underweight any worries. He is very active also. Please tell mi what to do.
My girl child is 6 years and 7 months old. Since yesterday afternoon, she is having fever, which is coming down on giving Calpol (Pediatric syrup), but after few hours it goes upto 102 C. We have been giving her oral fluids and she is resting at home. Is she now an adult and can we give paracetamol in tablet form?
My 7 month old boy passes stool of greenish color. He has loose motions for two days and he has been given DIOF syrup two times a day. Is greenish stool is kind of any worry?
I have 12 months baby. He is doing motion 3 times in a day. Sometimes loose and sometimes normal. Is it OK?
Mastitis is primarily an infection that occurs inside or on women's breasts within the first three months after pregnancy. Sometimes the infection can also affect non pregnant women where it is referred to as periductal mastitis.
What are the causes and symptoms of Mastitis?
The most common reason behind such an occurrence is malfunctioning mammary ducts in pregnant women. Milk stasis or blocked milk ducts happen due to irregular feeding sessions, the baby's difficulty in sucking or not being able to attach optimally to the breast for feeding. The other plausible reason is bacterial infection that has somehow entered the ducts through a crack in the nipple area. Blocked milk ducts carry a lot of stagnant milk that provides the most suitable breeding ground for bacterial cultures. Steps must be taken so as not to pass on this bacterium to the baby who depends on breast milk almost entirely for nutrition.
1. It often manifests itself in the form of redness, swelling, pain, fever and exhaustion, resulting from inflammation of the breast tissues and mammary glands.
2. There is also a palpable warmth and tenderness of the breasts, accompanied by a general feeling of malaise.
3. Other common symptoms include lumpy formations, wedges, burning sensation especially during breast feeding.
4. Nipple discharge, body aches and relatively higher body temperatures might also occur in association.
You must consult with your doctor immediately after the appearance of similar symptoms; promptness is advisable when you are pregnant.
What problems does Mastitis cause?
1. Most commonly affecting nursing and recent mothers, Mastitis poses a pertinent problem in breastfeeding as it causes dysfunctional lactation.
2. Mastitis is therefore also as precarious for the new born baby who is left without its primary diet.
3. Doctors often recommend such mothers to continue breast feeding in spite of the disease, after prescribing some antibiotics which usually work in suppressing the infection after a maximum of 2 to 3 weeks.
4. The affected mothers usually feel too tired to take care of their child while suffering from this kind of infection.
1. Avoid wearing tight clothes or undergarments.
2. Regularize breastfeeding schedules; do not stop before 6 months.
3. Encourage your baby to feed especially when you experience of build-up of milk.