Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. PushplataYour feedback matters!
Hi I am suffering from tinnitus on my left ears from past 4 months. Is there are medicines to cure it.
I am 19 years old and a music vocal student from last 2 months my throat is paining and I can't sing.
Having lots of cough. It is struck in my throat. Does it may cause pneumonia. What are the symptoms of pneumonia. Plzz tell.
I have sinus problem since last two year. In cold days I suffer a lot. I can not breath properly. Please suggest me what should I do?
Hi, when I was about 10 or 12 I had problem of ear infection with pus. Then I took medicine and today I am 24 years old and I have no pain in my year. Few days back I visited ENT, he told me that I have tiny hole in my ear drum, however I don't feel any pain in my ear. So I want to know is it possible to cure this hole without surgery.
I am a student and I have regular sneezing and cold problem. Every morning when I wake up sneezing and cold starts. During night fever also starts. My body weight is also increasing very rapidly. Please suggest me what should I do?
I have headache since yesterday, my eyes are paining, it feels heavy. And throat is hurting, What should I do?
I am 25 yrs old. During swimming water entered into my right ear. Due to tis I am not listening properly even though dont have pain. Its happened 2 days back. So, what should I do ?
Just like there are exercises to lose weight, there are simple exercises, which you can do to stop your snoring completely. Snoring is a common condition and it generally takes place more in men than women. It mostly affects individuals who are overweight and the condition gets worsened with age. Though it is not a serious condition, it has to be dealt as it affects the sleep of your sleeping partner. The main cause of snoring is an improper flow of air through the mouth or nose.
The airflow to the nose is obstructed by factors like:
How to Prevent Snoring:
It is very essential that prior attention is given to this condition before it turns out to be a serious problem. The self help tips that can be used by individuals to stop snoring include proper exercising, losing weight, quitting smoking and not drinking alcohol as well as setting up an ideal sleeping pattern. There are devices available in the pharmaceutical stores like the mouth guard device which are specially designed to help stop snoring. There are medications also available that help to stop snoring and have good quality sleep.
Amazing and Simple Exercises to Stop Snoring:
You can cure your snoring problem easily by practicing vocal exercises without the need of even going through a painful and expensive surgery.
- Singing: Singing is an excellent exercise that is very good for your vocal passage and that can cure the snoring problem. It is best that you start singing in a warm shower and the moist steam of the warm water would soothe your throat. The benefit of singing is that it tightens the muscles and it is an excellent and natural way that would cure your sleeping problem. You can practice singing at least 20 minutes in a day, and you would surely experience the difference.
- Yawning: The second simple exercise that can be done to stop snoring is yawning, which involves opening and closing of your mouth. The exercise done in a yawning motion would strengthen both the inner and outer neck muscles. It is very necessary that the mouth is opened widely, and this activity can be done anytime of the day.
- Chewing: The third exercise that is helpful to get relief from sleep disorders is chewing. You can fix your throat by chewing the tip of a pencil. You don't have to bite the pencil, and you just need to fix your throat muscles to make certain that your airway is clear. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
My left ear is black compare with right one, hearing is also low in left ear. What should i do? Please advise.
Can you please suggest me with a good medicine which can help me in curing my health..I am suffering from extreme cold due to which I have to breath from my mouth. I have synus problem and have elegy too. Please recommend me with medicines immediately as I am suffering a lot..
Pain & itch in left side of throat difficulty in swallowing checked by myself its white colour mark inside.
My wife is having sinusitis since 5 y we tried almost all kind of medicine but in vein, she undergone nose scrapping surgery also but again did not help much, so please advise interim of food habits, medicines, and life style changes.
I have got my neck USG report, they found two tiny cystic lesions on the left and right lobe of thyroid,suggestive of benign lesions. I have hoarseness from last 2-3 weeks. Continuous burping started last 6 days. Xray and CBC tests are clear. What this could be I was a smoker and drinker till last month.
The most common ear infections happen because of bacterial or viral growth in the middle ear, the part which lies just behind the ear drum. Middle-ear infections can be very painful and children are most commonly reported in children. Most of these infections are caused by the blockage of the Eustachian tube, which connects the ear and the throat, causing the build-up of fluids and swelling. Here is a guide to the most common forms of ear infections and their symptoms, ranging from the acute to the chronic.
Acute infections have intense symptoms but can be cured with time and treatment. They generally last for shorter durations.
In Chronic cases of infections, the patient complains of recurrent symptoms multiple times. Chronic ear infections have the potential of causing permanent damage to the ear.
Symptoms reported by most patients with Ear infections:
1. Pain in the ear (Mild to severe): This is caused due to increased pressure owing to the blockage of the Eustachian tube. Collection of fluid inside the ear would increase the intensity of pain in most cases. Children will keep tugging at their ear and most likely be cranky.
2. Redness and swelling: Both of these are inevitable accompanying symptoms in case of any infection in the body.
3. Oozing of the fluids: The blockage leads to the fluid being released from the ear which can be watery, thick yellow or mixed with blood depending on the severity and type of infection.
5. Difficulty in sleeping.
6. In some cases when the infection spreads, difficulty in balancing the body is experienced as body balance is maintained by ears.
7. The patient might also experience increased irritability.
8. Ear infections can also cause a hearing problem if the condition continues to go untreated.
Ear infections should be promptly dealt with to prevent long-term damages. So here is what should be done when you have ear pain symptoms.
1. Consult an ENT who will prescribe pain medication as the first line of treatment.
2. After the necessary tests are done, antibiotics are prescribed in most cases by the doctor. Other medications for palliative treatment (to ease the symptoms) are administered. However in a few rare cases, the infection might be because of non-bacterial causes in which antibiotics might not cure the state.
3. In case the problem keeps recurring, one must visit the doctor again and get further tests and treatment done.
As prevention is always better than cure, care should be taken to avoid all chances of carrying the infection to your ear. Maintain cleanliness in and around, especially in the case of children.
For further queries; we'd be happy to help!