Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Pushpa ChandraYour feedback matters!
Maine iui krwaya hai. Kya isme pregnant hone ke. Chance confirm hote hai mujhe iui ke bad se hi pet me halka sa pain hota hai aur heavy lgta hai to kya ye sahi hai.
A breast lump is an enlargement, swell, protuberance or a bump that is different than the breast tissue surrounding it. Breast lumps can appear in men as well as women and they can be benign or malignant. Causes of benign breast lumps are as follows:
- Fibroadenosis: Also known as Fibro-cystic breast disease, it is a benign condition that affects the breast. It may affect either of the breasts or both. One of the major symptoms of Fibroadenosis is a breast lump. Usually, the lumpiness disappears after the menstrual cycle is over. Fibroadenosis occurs because the breast tissue doesn’t respond well to the hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle.
- Fibroadenomas: Fibroadenomas occur because of abnormal response to the hormone oestrogen. The lumps are usually well formed and round, around the milk ducts of the breast. Breast lumps due to Fibroadenomas are called breast mice, because they move around the breast. In some cases, they disappear and in some, they tend enlarge during pregnancy.
Other benign causes of breast lumps are breast abscesses, breast cysts, lipoma (lump of fat), mastitis (infection in the breast tissues), fat necrosis (another name for breast lumps) and intraductal papilloma (benign tumour of the milk ducts in the breast). A breast lump that is firm, well defined and doesn’t move around, i.e. it doesn’t disappear after your period or pregnancy, may be a result of breast cancer.
Treatment of breast lumps
The treatment of a breast lump depends on its cause. Benign breast lumps usually disappear over time. Otherwise following treatments can be considered as per the doctor’s discretion-
- Medication: If the breast lumps are painful or increase over time, it is advisable to take medication.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and other painkillers like paracetamol
- Danazol, Tamoxifen or Bromocriptine are administered to treat breast pain as well
- Antibiotics which are administered to cure breast abscesses that are caused due bacterial infections
- Limiting the amount of fat in the diet or wearing well fitting bras also reduces the amount of pain due to breast lumps.
- Certain types of breast lumps are filled with fluid or pus. This fluid can be drained through a procedure called aspiration or drainage.
- A radical way to treat a breast lump is surgery. Many a times, these lumps get bigger and painful and the most effective way to deal with it is to remove it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Last month my period length was 31 days, june 13th is my period, we had sex on 30th, 1st now I am feeling lower abdominal pain, back pain, mouth watering and light dizziness with vomiting sensation, and gas, is these pregnant symptoms.
02. Homeopathic remedies are very effective. When the correct remedy is taken according to the proper body symptoms, results can be rapid and stable.
03. One should know that homeopathic remedies are not addictive – once relief is felt, one should bring to an end taking the remedies. If no relief is felt, then the selection of remedies was wrong.
04. Homeopathy is natural and safe treatment process in the world. Homeopathic remedies are generally based on natural components.
05. Homeopathy is also holistic. It treats all the signs as one, which in realistic terms means that it deal s with the root reason, not the symptoms.
06. Homeopathic remedies are totally safe. Even babies and pregnant women can use Homeopathic remedies without the risk of side effects. These remedies can also be taken along with the other medication such as allopathic; Ayurvedic & Unani without producing any unwanted side effects. But homeopathic remedies should be taken in the empty stomach. It is better to get prompt result.
07. There are many homeopathic remedies for the body growth. Baryta Carb, Silicea, symphytum are the most common remedies to increase body height. The result of these remedies depends on the accurate potency and proper symptoms of the person.
08. We get almost 10+ remedies in homeopathic medical science for improving height and body growth
Hello Doctor, I am having mild pain in my lower abdomen since the last ten days and also had slight breast tenderness few days back which has now disappeared. Also feeling tired and my legs get numb at times. I have been trying to conceive, so please can you help me understand if these could be signs of pregnancy or something else that should be worried about. My period date is 5th July with a cycle of 30 days. Thanks a lot and anticipating a response soon.
Please prescribe me 8 month pregnancy diet. Request you to please be specific giving me a daily diet now.
Hi After taking Antibiotics for Urinary Tract Infection. I developed a severe itching on the inside and outside of my vulva and vagina. What should I do? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I have a strong feeling this has been caused by the Antibiotic. Please help.
Hi doctors. I am married 29 year old male. have few serious doubts & problems, 1. I have a habit of masturbate & doing it frm 10-12 years. Does doing masturbate on frequent basis is wrong or harmful though i'm doing sex with my wife but still feel like doing masturbate oftenly. 2. I want to increase my sex power & timing what should I need to do. 3 which is most important is we are planning for a baby but when I did test my semen quality sperm count sperm molatlity all came very low far behind normal, & here doctor told me I have very less chance to become father naturally, though my wife test were good & she has no problems. What options should we have. As financially my condition is not good. So, please guide & help what options can have option to become parents. Without taking any treatment & operations as they are very costly & we cant afford. Please help.
I have been suffering from breast pain from last two weeks. But my heart and lungs are fine as per my test results. What should I do regarding it.
Kidney failure is happening even to 20-year-old Indians now! 4 Reasons why.
Usually more common in the elderly as a consequence of the chronic kidney disease, kidney failure is now increasingly becoming common amongst 20-somethings in the country.
Mainly because of their unhealthy lifestyle habits, they are falling prey to a disease that normally strikes later on in life.
Kidney failure, also known as renal failure, occurs when the kidneys stop functioning properly, that is, they are unable to filter out waste and toxins efficiently from the body. It is the most severe stage of chronic kidney disease. To ensure that toxins don't build up in the body, treatment usually involves dialysis (process for removing excess fluid and waste from the blood) or kidney transplant, among others. It is said that about 1 million people all over the world are on dialysis or are surviving on transplanted kidneys. The condition is permanent and can occur either very suddenly or slowly over time.
These frightening habits of the young are leading to the rise of the incidence of renal failure:
1. A sedentary lifestyle - A research conducted by the University of Utah School of Medicine suggests that if you spend 80 minutes a day sitting, you see a 20% increase in the risk of developing chronic kidney disease and, in turn, renal failure.Sedentary behaviour can also increase your risk of diabetes, hypertension as well as obesity (causes of chronic kidney disease).India is said to have about 60% of patients who suffer from hypertension and diabetes also suffer from kidney problem.
2. Poor eating habits - Studies suggest that the right diet consisting of fruits legumes, nuts, and whole grains can help in preventing kidney disease.On the other hand, a diet that is high in processed meats; salt and sugar can worsen the vicious cycle of high blood pressure, high blood sugar, and kidney disease. Furthermore, a BMI of over 30 can increase your risk of developing common kidney ailments by two-fold. With the proliferation of fast food outlets and junk food due to lack of time, Indians are increasingly now at a risk.
3. Smoking - Smoking brings about a decrease in blood flow to the kidneys, rendering the organs inefficient. When you smoke, the arteries of your body harden and the blood vessels become narrow, leading to a worsening of conditions like high blood pressure. A study by the John Hopkins University says that smoking can increase your chances of developing kidney disease by about 60%. Many young Indians view smoking as fashionable and some even take it up to 'look cool', to beat stress or just to blend in with their peers.
4. Drinking alcohol - Excessive alcohol consumption can bring about significant changes to the way your kidneys may function. Your kidneys end up becoming less efficient at removing alcohol from the blood due to regular drinking. Additionally, more than 2 drinks a day has been found to significantly increase your risk of high blood pressure, a common cause of kidney disease.
Related Tip: 4 Types of Kidney Stones and Their Common Symptoms