Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Purnima Gogne
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Purnima GogneYour feedback matters!
PRP or Platelet-rich plasma is believed to be a good healer. Plasma is a component of the blood that helps the blood to clot. It also possesses a protein that aids in cell growth. PRP is produced by isolating plasma from the blood and then concentrating it. Injection of PRP helps damaged tissue to heal and grow. This method of treatment is extensively used to heal injuries among athletes and sportsmen. PRP has found applications to treat an array of conditions like face rejuvenation and under eyes dark circles.
Applications of PRP:
- Hair Loss: PRP injections are injected into the scalp to promote the growth of hair and prevent the loss of hair. A research conducted in the year 2014 found that PRP can play a significant role in treating male pattern baldness.
- Tendon injuries: Tendons comprise of a thick and tough bunch of tissues that connects the bone to the muscles. Injuries of the tendon take quite some time to heal. Doctors these days extensively use PRP injections to treat an array of conditions such as jumper’s knee, tennis elbow, Achilles Tendonitis, etc.
- Osteoarthritis: Patients suffering from Osteoarthritis can get PRP injections to the knee for a quick relief from pain. A study conducted in the year 2015 found that PRP injections are more effective when compared to hyaluronic acid injections that are used in the traditional treatment of osteoarthritis.
- Acute injuries: PRP injections are extensively used by sports doctors to treat acute conditions such as knee sprains, pulled hamstring etc. At times, doctors use it to repair a ligament that has torn while performing a surgery.
The process of PRP injection:
- The first step involves extracting blood from the patient. The amount of the sample drawn could depend on the site of the injection. A scalp injection requires around 8ml of blood to be extracted.
- The extracted blood is then placed into a centrifuge so that the blood components can be separated. This process takes around 15 minutes.
- A medical practitioner then extracts the plasma from the sample and injects it into the targeted site.
- Imaging techniques such as ultrasound are used to pinpoint the exact affected area. This helps to inject the plasma into the area where it is needed.
What is the cost involved in PRP injections?
PRP is seldom covered under insurance. Most medical insurance companies consider it an experimental treatment and hence refrain from financing it, with all costs being borne by the patient. The cost of the procedure varies depending on the type of condition PRP is being used to treat.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had a small ball lump grown on my clitiorious and one at the bottom of my vagina near my bum. I have other places on the vagina that have little rashes with small bumps on them. Im scared and need too know if it genteal warts etc. If I send a pic can you tell me?
Hi sir/madam. I am 21 male. My question is, if I do sex for the first without condom will pregnancy occur? If doesn't occur, how many times sex must be done to get pregnancy? Thank you.
I am 20 years old and my husband is 33+ years old I had a hsg test and report is left tube is patent and right tube corneal blockage .what is the treatment I am very worried. My doctor give me a test hydrotubation for tube opening is it work? Please give me a satisfied answer doctor please. And thanks for give your valuable time have a great day.
I am getting irregular periods since from 3 years .i have not consulted any doctor till now. I get itching in private parts. They are very irritating. I am getting hair fall what is The reason for this. Can you help.
My wife period date is 7 th of month and my wife had no periods then I try urine test that test is negative and still periods are not coming and she had a pain just on abdominal lower side and she said this is not a pain of period pls tell me what is that pain and reason why periods not coming.
An ectopic pregnancy takes place in the case when the completely fertilized egg attaches itself to a place outside the inner side of the uterus. Ectopic pregnancy is also called tubal pregnancy because in most cases, it takes place in the Fallopian tube. Usually, the Fallopian tubes are not responsible for holding an embryo, which keeps on growing. Hence, the egg has no scope to develop in the Fallopian tube. This problem must be treated as soon as possible to avoid further complications. Here are several ways of treating ectopic pregnancy.
- Expectant management: In case you are not experiencing any symptoms of pregnancy or the pregnancy cannot be found, close observation is required. This is known as expectant management. You should conduct regular blood tests and follow them up in order to detect, whether the hCG level in your blood is ascending or descending. You are likely to have vaginal bleeding. Use pads and towels instead of tampons. Pain in your tummy is also indicated.
- Proper medication: In case ectopic pregnancy is detected at an early stage and constant monitoring is not suitable for you, a medicine by the name of methotrexate can be used for treatment. The medicine stops this pregnancy from developing. It is usually injected into your buttocks. Regular blood tests must be carried out to know how the treatment is taking shape on your condition. Trusted contraception measures should be taken for three months following the treatment as methotrexate is very harmful for an infant in case you become pregnant. Keep away from alcohol, as the combination of methotrexate with alcohol is harmful to the liver.
- Surgical means: The most common mode of surgery for removing ectopic pregnancy during an early stage is laparoscopy or keyhole surgery. While a laparoscopy is carried out, you will be in a state of anesthesia. A narrow tube or the laparoscope is inserted through surgical cuts in the tummy. The Fallopian tube, which had the ectopic pregnancy is totally removed in case the other Fallopian tube is functioning well. Else the pregnancy has to be somehow removed without cutting off the Fallopian tube. Removal of the Fallopian tube is the best remedy for treating ectopic pregnancy and getting pregnant again is also possible. It takes a normal woman almost six weeks to recover after the surgery. Laparotomy is another kind of surgery carried out to repair a ruptured Fallopian tube. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Infertility in a woman refers to the inability to conceive after having regular unprotected sex. Cases of unexplained infertility have been on the rise recently. Though obstructed fallopian tubes and ovulation disorders are some of the common causes of infertility, reasons pertaining to dietary changes can also be responsible. Food allergies and dietary changes affect infertility to a great extent; and if you're struggling with conception or infertility, reviewing your diet can help.
Gluten is a basic food constituent that is likely to cause infertility. Gluten is a protein found in grains like wheat, rye, and barley. Among the general population, women suffering from unexplained infertility have a higher incidence of gluten intolerance. Gluten intolerance is also related to miscarriages, and if left undiagnosed can lead to malabsorption of micronutrients like iron and zinc. Following and maintaining a gluten-free diet may relieve a sufferer from the symptoms. Try and include gluten free cereals like rice, corn and gluten free oats to manage the situation.
Inflammation - Another connection of food allergies and infertility would be inflammation. Inflammation occurs when the food allergens reach the stomach. This inflammation, if heightened, can cause damage to the fallopian tubes and the ovary. The body responds to the food allergens by treating it like a foreign substance that needs to be eradicated, and when your immune system is subjected to chronic inflammation, it can lead to infertility.
Additionally, apart from food allergies, even the consumption of certain foods and beverages can be a reason behind infertility, with those being rich in caffeine being a major cause. Increased consumption of caffeine can augment the risk of infertility and delayed conception. However, avoiding caffeine and eliminating problematic foods along with a careful scrutiny of your diet can increase your chances of getting pregnant.
Related Tip: How Stress and a Sedentary Lifestyle Make You Infertile