Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
What should I do for the underweight of my daughter. She is 4 & 1/2 yes she us very slim eat everything. But, did not work. Advise me. Wht to do?
My daughter Is 15 months old. Can I stop breastfeeding. Moreover, I have started developing nipple cracks since 1 week. I don't know the exact reason. Please suggest
Hello I wanna ask that my 13 days old baby is on breast feed but it is watery not milky. Is this normal or not? If not what should I do.
My daughter 11 week old. Since yesterday night she's crying countinesly and not having milk since 6 hours. And not peeing. When we pick up her in hand she stop crying.
I have 4 months baby. When I m pregnant I got pimples on my face and they turned into black spots amd after delivery also they will not disappear. Now I m using femcinol A. How to get rid off these pimples and black spots?
My baby is 4 years old suffering from rickets. What are the remedial steps should taken in diet or daily routine?
Hi sir. My baby is 15 months old. He had a vaccine of typbar psv on 31 /1/16 from a good doctor in delhi And yesterday only I.e on 19th June one of the doctors in haryana applied him the 2nd doze. Of typbar psv and a doze of MMR 1$ ,he is having pain on his right leg and he vomited 2 times yesterday after eating some solid. He is having fever also.
Hi. Recently my wife has 12 days baby girl our problem is she can not eat mother feeding directly. If we force she started more crying. Then we have to eat mother milk or amul shakti by spoon. This is now daily problem so what we do? So that she direct eat mothers milk. please help. Weight 3 kg.
Hi this is for my baby he is eighteen months he not eat anything please answer me how can give good food please.
There is problem regarding food, he don't like any time of spicy food, even if it little spicy because of this I was worried. So give solution of this.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My baby is 7 mnths old.He weighted 8kg when he was 4mnths old.But nw his weight is 6.5kg. Why is it so. What is the best diet for 7 months old baby ?
My kid is of 8 yrs old we had bera test and found 100% loss of hearing impairment in left ear. Please suggest what should we do further.
My 4. 5 yrs old daughter is having andenoids problem - enlarged tonsils. She has a sound sleep. No noise from nose while sleeping. X-ray showed enlarged tonsils. Need treatment.
Dry cough. I will have cough problem regularly but for a small interval it will not be there but again it starts. What should i do?
My wife is 25 years old and having an 9 month baby. And she regularly breastfeeding, so I want to know the best suitable oral contraceptive for her in this condition.
What is viral fever?
Viral fever refers to an acute infection caused by the action of viruses. Flu or influenza is the most common form of viral fever. Since viral fever is contagious, when an infected person sneezes or coughs the virus spreads and comes in contact with other people. Children can remain contagious for about 10 days if they get the early symptoms of viral fever. Children who are younger than two years are at an increased risk of developing complications pertaining to viral fever. Controlling the symptoms of cold, fever and cough can cure viral fever.
Symptoms of viral fever
Fever and chills are the early signs of viral fever. Children suffering from viral fever will feel pain throughout their body. Other common signs and symptoms involving viral fever include cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, fatigue, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and stomach ache.
Certain preventive measures against viral fever
- Keeping your child away from anyone who is sick is advisable. To prevent the germs from spreading ask everyone to use tissues while they sneeze or cough. Make sure that your family member maintains good hygiene habits if he/she is suffering from diarrhea or is vomiting.
- To prevent coming in contact with germs wash your and your child's hands properly
- Seasonal changes are the thriving phase for viruses so take precautionary measures during those periods of the year
Tips for quicker recovery of your child
1. Offer enough drinks - A child gets dehydrated through fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. Oral Rehydration Salts can be given to little ones as it contains all the essential nutrients. This can be given to a baby even if he/she is just in breastfeeding stage.
2. Feed them special food - Soft and semi-liquid foods can be given to your child if he/she older than 6 months. Foods like dals, soups, and curd with sugar are advisable for your child. As he/she gradually gets stronger thicker foods like mashed vegetable can be added to his/her diet.
3. Ensure that your child gets adequate rest - Since viral fever is contagious it is advisable to let your child sleep in a separate room. Since the fever causes fatigue adequate rest is required for recovery. This will also prevent him/her from getting the other family members infected.
4. Sponge your child's body - Sponging your child's body with lukewarm water can control high fever.
5. Maintain proper hygiene - It is essential to wash your hands before and after touching your child to prevent the infection from spreading to the other family members.