Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in DELHI. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Punnam Gupta
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Neck Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Pain in Ribs
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Frozen Shoulder
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Buttock Pain
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Shoulder Injuries
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Punnam GuptaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Punnam Gupta to be very helpful, knowledgeable, thorough, practical and saved my life. Thanks.
I am 24 years old and it's been 9 months I had a ligament reconstruction surgery. I had recovered well and can do my daily activities well. Yesterday I had a minor accident while my bike skidded and I have fallen from my bike with little scratches on my knee. I don't feel unbearable pain but because of scratches I feel normal pain and I can walk freely and fold my knee normally. No issue with knee movement but I'm worried after this. Does this cause a bad after effects? Please advise.
Dear Sir, I have pain in my left foot's heel. Could it be because of uric acid? If so what will be remedy or precautions for this? Thanks.
My mother is 49 years, is suffering from OA and currently she is having pain in both Knees and in calf region and ligament cramp. Doctors advised for knee replacement. But we are somehow unable to do it. She is taking Cartigen Duo 1 tab OD. May it is better to take Adesam 400 mg BD?
My feet is paining all the time and I feel restless leg all the time and I cannot walk bear foot. Can you please suggest a padded or cushion socks or slippers to use at home.
Are you a runner? In case you are, then it is vital that you understand what your body needs to run extra miles. It's not just about running, it's all about how you can push yourself until the end of finishing line or your target.
Generic Tips for Beginners
- Right Shoes- Most Important: Go for specialised running shoes that are easily available in the market now at an affordable price. It is advisable to buy a shoe which is one size up.
- Support- A Must: For women, it's a must to go for a good sports bra. It's meant for flat-chested women as well. This will avoid any kind of discomfort such as sagging of breasts, or even pain and discomfort.
Remember that excess running affects Cooper's ligament that supports the breasts.
If you are a man, go for tight but comfy underwear. That will reduce abrasion.
Keep a Close Watch: In the initial stage, you should run only comfortable miles. Gear up with a close-fitting comfortable sports outfit so that you can breathe, and your sweat is whipped.
Watch your Pace: Running is different than cycling or swimming. Even if you have mastered other sports, go slow with running. Gradual increase is always advisable.
Need a Commitment: Track your progress. Run at least thrice a week.
Specific Physio Tips
- Run and Rest: Rest is equally important. When you run, your body needs time to repair. It means body needs a balance of tissue wear and tear and tissue fortification.
- Know you Injury Cause: You must identify what's the cause of your injury so that accordingly you deal with it. Many websites can help you with that.
- What does your Body Say? Initially, it's normal that your body aches at few spots. Use a simple formula of RICE (rest, ice, compress and elevate) However, if it persists, then see a physiotherapist.
- Toughen: You need to identify your weaknesses so that you work on them to toughen yourself. Calf muscles, glutes and quads are commonly affected. Tough muscles absorb the effect more efficiently.
- Steady: You need to have control on your movements. Poor control leads to adverse effect on running. You can check it by assessing your single leg balance and single knee dip. Check if your body is balanced.
- Stretch your Body: This helps you to get rid of muscle tightness or joint stiffness.
- Adapt: Listen to your body and adopt the method of running that gives you painless run.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!