Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
After those nine months, the long waiting period gets over and the most exciting transition from a mommy-to-be, to a mommy finally begins. But then, things are not always as smooth as we expect, especially if you undergo a C-section to deliver your baby. It is indeed an overwhelming experience to hold your little one in your arms but you need to understand that a C-section surgery is a major abdominal surgery and you need to take precautions to recover from the surgery. The recovery period for the C-section delivery is much higher than the recovery period for the normal delivery.
Let us look at some ways for speedy recovery from C-section delivery:
- Relax: Taking proper rest will give your body the energy to recover from the surgery that you had undergone. Healing of the scar takes time and your post-partum body requires rest. But, taking proper rest is not as easy as it sounds when you have a new born baby to take care of, who needs a lot of attention and care. From feeding your baby at regular intervals to changing their nappies/diapers and making them sleep, all of it requires you to be on your toes. Make sure you always take some time out to rest and do not hesitate to take help from your spouse and family.
- Don’t put strain your body: Your body has just given birth to a baby and has undergone a major surgery; therefore, it is important that you give it time to heal. You should try not to get up too often, do not lift anything heavier than your baby, avoid sex until six weeks from the birth of your baby, hold your abdomen when you have to sneeze or cough to protect the incision site. Don’t start working out without your doctors’ green signal and don’t drive and take stairs, which might put a strain on your body.
- Take a good diet: Take plenty of healthy and nutritious food as your body still requires such a diet. Breastfeeding mothers need to understand that the sole source of nutrition for your baby is you. Include different vegetables and variety of healthy food to pass on nutrition to your little one. Take plenty of fluids, especially water as the fluid intake is necessary to increase breast milk supply. Including fibre rich diet will keep you away from issues, such as constipation, which is one of the most common issues that women face after having a baby.
- Medicines: Your doctor may prescribe you the medicines that you can take to reduce the pain and recover faster. The medicines prescribed would vary if you are breastfeeding and if you are not breastfeeding your baby, so taking up such issues become even more important for you and your baby.
- Take care of the Incision: Take proper care of the incision by keeping the wound clean and undisturbed for a faster recovery.
Don’t compare your recovery to someone else’s because the speed of recovery depends from person to person. Motherhood is an exciting phase of your life, so take care of yourself to have a speedy recovery and enjoy every moment of it. Make memories and stay happy!
Hi, I am writing on behalf of my husband. He is extremely obsessed about girls, and the breasts. Its not that its hampering our relationship or our sex life. Whenever we go for an outing, his full attention is on the girls roaming around. Could you please advise me how could I help my husband get out of this. Thanks.
I am 32 years old, last year in the month of june I removed my left ovary due to ovarian cyst which is dermoid. Since last 6 to my 8 month I am suffering from pain in the left side in kidney along with pain in the muscles of both legs.
Can home kit for pregnancy test fail? After how many days of pregnancy home kit give sure results of pregnancy.
Colds & influenza, headaches, arthritis, intestinal disorders, sciatica, rheumatism, high blood pressure, bronchial asthma & congestion, gynecological disorders, kidney disorders (including frequent/urgent urination, dispels colds and respiratory infections, relieves gastrointestinal symptoms such as stomachache, vomiting and diarrhea, liver disorders, gallbladder disorders, skin disorders, depression, fibromyalgia & chronic fatigue syndrome, anxiety & insomnia, post-injury trauma, cellulite, musculo-skeletal problems: pain, spasms, cramps, tightness, numbness, stiffness of the back and neck, chronic gastric pain, menopausal discomforts, infertility, thyroid diseases, activates the skin, clears stretch marks and wrinkles.
How many time takes to girl become pregnant after intercourse? What is the conditions for a men and women to become parents? I need to know this basic things.
I performed sex with out safety but did not ejaculate inside vagina arey there any chances of she becoming pregnant?
1. It helps to reduce gastric problems
2. And helps to clean the bowels
3. And benefits a bright full day