Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Punita
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PunitaYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old woman I have a baby of 1 year old. i am suffering from low back pain and white discharge. I feed my baby. Please recommend me some fruits or vegetables which are good in calcium because I hate to eat tablets. please answer me. Thank you.
Am 29 years old, unmarried. My virginity layer broken while cycling in gym. Am still virgin. Last month my bf just rubbed his pennis on my vagina but not at all penetrate inside and my vagina is tight dat a finger also cant penetrate till now. He dint release sperm but still am scared as some liquid cam frm him which is nt sperm fr sure. He dint rub near vagina. But still I dint get my periods. Mine is 45 days cycle irregular period but still am scared. It was first time. please suggest. Ll pregnancy happens without intercourse?
Hi doctor, We are trying for baby from 1.5 years and this time my doc suggested to give hcg injection since all our reports are normal like follicular study, hsg and semen analysis whether this can help please suggest can try reducing my weight at this point.
I am suffering from bilateral varicocele and my wife is not able conceive since 7 years. Is surgery the only option?
The most advanced and effective communication device in this century is mobile phone. Mobile phone is not only being used by the corporate or highly qualified professional. People from all type of social group have mobile phone in their hands now. Usage of the mobile phone is not increased only with all social groups but also with people of all age groups. Children are the more noticeable group as they are using cell phones of all types. A recent research study shows that children are really capable of using any advanced type of mobile phones even without any proper guidance. Though mobile phones are the effective mode of communication, it is a well known fact that it also has adverse side effects if being over used. The mobile phones emit shockwave radioactive radiations that affect the body in various manners.
Adverse effects of mobile phone usage:
Today's children are growing up in a radio-frequency environment that never existed in human history before. The radiation emitted by mobile phones and mobile phone masts can have adverse effects on children. Some include:
- Affects your Immunity Status: cell phones after a full day usage contains many germs on their display which are highly numbered than your toilet seats. These germs are easily transferred to your body as you touch frequently or use close to your face for talking. This increases the risk of exposure to the germs and reduces your immune strength as immune status are not fully developed for children.
- Increase Risk of Chronic Pains: prolonged use of mobile phones for playing games or texting requires continuous movement for your hands which may develop chronic pain in joints of your shoulders and hands.
- Vision Problem: children when concentrate much on playing games in mobile phone they even fail to blink frequently with the increased interest and attraction towards the game. This causes the dryness of the conjunctiva and also increases the ocular tension.
- Affects your emotions negatively and increases the stress level
Mobile Phone Safety For Kids:
As a parent, you must take preventive measures to minimize your child's exposure to the harmful effects of mobile phones. These include:
- Do not give cell phone if your child is under 16 years. A child's brain is too sensitive to withstand the effects of mobile radiation.
- Do not let your child hold a mobile phone directly up to his head. Use an air-tube headset instead.
- Do not let your child make calls in buses, trains, cars, and elevators. The mobile phone works harder to get the signal out through the metal, which increases the power level.
- Do not let your child use cell phone when the signal is weak. It will increase the power to the maximum, as the phone attempts to connect to a new relay antenna.
- Limit the use of cell phone around children.
- Make sure that there is no mobile phone mast or network tower near your home or your kid's school.
- Do not let children take mobile phones to school.
- Do not leave mobile phones in your children's bedroom at night.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I go for ultra sound n report says G.A is 34 weeks 4 days with single loop of cord around neck. Is there any problem?
My wife never gets her periods on time and when it come it gives her to much pain and weakness. What should we do?
The small, red itchy spots that appear on your skin during the hot summer months or after contact with hot temperatures are known as prickly heat, and cover areas of your body such as the neck, back, face, thighs and chest.
So, what causes this form of skin rash?
Prickly heat typically occurs when you sweat excessively, such as usually in a hot and humid environment. The heavy sweating along with the bacteria present on the skin and the dead skin cells causes the blocking of sweat glands. This results in the buildup of sweat underneath your skin and the characteristic bumps that you see. When these bumps burst open to release the sweat that is buildup within, it causes a prickly sensation, giving it its name.
Certain factors can also increase your chances of contracting prickly heat like:
- Being obese or overweight
- Sitting too close to a fire or heater
- Being dormant due to illness
- Wearing too much clothing
How to prevent it?
Heat rashes usually clear up on its own if the affected spot is kept clean and dry. However there are certain things that you can do to prevent it and these are:
1. Staying away from excessive heat and humidity - Heat and humidity are the main causes of heat rash. They cause you to sweat more alongside a worsening of your rash. Sitting in a shade or keeping yourself hydrated is the best way to prevent prickly heat rash from occurring.
2. Selecting the right clothes - Wearing cotton clothing in hot temperatures is one of the best ways to keep heat rash at bay. Cotton being a natural fiber doesn't trap the heat, compared to nylon and polyester fabrics.
3. Keeping the skin hydrated - Keeping your skin cool by sitting under the fan or in an air-conditioned room is another way of preventing itchy skin rash from occurring.
4. Avoid strenuous physical activity - Keeping yourself away from the strenuous physical activity of any kind can help in preventing excessive sweating. If you have to indulge in strenuous workouts, keeping yourself hydrated is a must to avoid instances of dehydration.