Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Punit Dilawari
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Punit DilawariYour feedback matters!
Rheumatology is a field of medicine which deals with 'Auto-immune' diseases.
'Auto-immune' means diseases in which a part of your immune system, which usually protects you, gets automatically hyper activated and starts damaging your own organs.
All organs can be affected with rheumatic diseases - Joints (most common), spine, skin, muscle, eye, lungs, kidney, blood etc.
Because joints are most commonly involved, Rheumatologists are also called Joint / Arthritis.Specialists/ Immunologists. They are detectives who can detect more than 50 types of arthritis.
Rheumatic diseases can be very serious. They can affect children and young people also.
Timely treatment is necessary to prevent joint damage and even at times save lives.
(Rheumatologists are not orthosurgeons, they are physicians)
I have a upper back pain. I feel it only when I wake up in the morning. I don't feel the pain in daytime.
Sir, both my knee joint are very painful while walking. My age is 68 yrs. Ortho. Specialist have differing opinion about knee replacement, some say yes, others say no. please advise some alternative. Thanks
Can any Doctor help me? My 55 year old mom Had a spinal cord problem In the Back or you can say in the lower part n in the Sinborn. So Local doctor advice to use HOT WATER bag n its not working n She is taking injections injections n Vitamins injection. But its aslo not working. N today its 1/7/16 n she started take medicine on 28/6/16 but didn't work n STOLE was also not coming please help me.
I am suffering from chikungunya from 15 days but still no relief from joint pain? Please sir give me advise. How to deal chikungunya more effectively?
I could not sleep well for the last two days because of back pain ,ive been using ointments and home remedies but nothing seems to work. Please help me doctor!
Sir, I am Mohankumar - Age 60, I have nerve pain in my right leg from lower hip to foot. As per consult with general doctor I take MRI scan. In the Scan result they mention as below. 1.Diffuse marginal osteophytes are noted at lumbar vertebra. 2. Disc desiccation with diffuse bulge at L3-L4, L4-L5 & L5-S1 levels causing attenuation of anterior thecal sac. Inferior aspect of bilateral neural forminal narrowing at that levels and indentation of right existing nerve root at L-S1 level is seen. I want your suggestion please doctor.
I have a muscle tear at shoulder in report of 4 months before after report I did not took any medicine n there is no pain from 4 month can I now join gym for weight loss program.
Torn or damage cartilage is not just a problem for the sportsmen. It can occur to anyone. It is generally caused due to a direct hit on the body parts. Its treatment is far more complicated than a simple bone injury. The best sign to know whether or not you have injured your cartilage is to check out your activities. If you have hurt your joint and don’t notice major symptoms, like if you are still capable of putting weight on and move the joint, you might have had a cartilage injury. It doesn’t hurt you a lot in the beginning, but might get worse later.
Here are the initial care and self-treatment procedure:
- Protection: It is the first thing that has to be kept in mind. You must protect the affected area from any further injury. Thus, providing an external support, for example, use a knee brace.
- Rest: Provide complete rest to the affected joint. The rest is must during the first two or three days. Crutches may help the situation if you’ve got an injury around your knee or ankle. It is then advisable to return back to light activity over the next few days or weeks, as prescribed by the doctor.
- Ice: It is best to apply an ice pack to the injured area for about 15 to 20 minutes in every two to three hours. This must be repeated in the first two to three days.
- Compression: Use a bandage to provide the needed compression to the injured area to avoid any swelling and movement. This will not let things go beyond control.
- Elevation: You must keep the injured area raised. Keep it supported on a pillow to reduce swelling.
If there is an unbearable pain, take painkillers such as paracetamol or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). If your condition doesn’t improve after the initial therapy, you must consult a doctor immediately.
- Physiotherapy: It can be helpful in treating the affected joint. If there is any difficulty in moving the affected joint, you must opt for physiotherapy. A professional will be able to teach you exercises that will strengthen your muscles and provide support to the joint. This will help you in getting rid of the pain. It can be also beneficial at a time when you are recovering from any surgical procedure.
- Surgery: If physiotherapy doesn’t work, it means you have severe cartilage damage. In that case, you might be advised to take up surgical procedures to set things in proper shape. Surgery is done either by opening the joint or by Arthroscopy. There are various types of surgery which can be done. 1st the old and successful surgery wherein damaged part of the cartilage is debrided and filled with normal cartilage from the non-weight bearing part of the joint. 2nd is ACI (Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation) is a 2 stage procedure wherein chondrocyte is grown using stem cell and implanted in defect part in 2nd stage. 3rd is multiple drilling of the area usually done in childrens.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!