Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
I have red eyes over 4-5 day with itching and also some fever with cold and cough. What should I do.
Hi, my mother is facing skin problem, like fungal infection, we already done treatment from more doctors last 5 year, but no body provide the solution, please help.
The sexual health of a human being depends on various factors. These may include the physiological make up of the individual as well as the emotional well being and finally also, the physical health of the person. Ailments, illnesses and diseases can have a huge bearing on the sexual health of an individual, and a cancer patient is no different. Cancer can have a profound effect on one's sexual health:
- Sexual Dysfunction: There are various kinds of cancer and cancer treatments that can suck the energy out of the patient. This also affects the sexual drive and health of the patient. Sexual dysfunction is a common by product of many such treatments, with at least 50% women patients suffering from the same, after breast and cervical cancer.
- Surgery: This is a factor that has a high relation with the sex drive of the patient. Any surgery that is related to cancer usually takes a toll on the body, and leads to a diminishing interest in various areas like food, and sex.
- Tumour: The size and location of the tumour has a major effect on the way a person behaves sexually after treatment and surgery. The tumour decides the severity and aftermath of the treatment and surgery, as well as the amount of tissue that is eventually removed. This can affect the performance and interest of a person in terms of sex.
- Chemotherapy: This kind of therapy and treatment as well as a lot of radiation can lead to side effects like nausea, vomiting, loose motions, dizzy spells, weight loss or gain, and even loss of hair. All these factors greatly affect the person's self image and self esteem which in turn have a bearing on how the person reacts sexually. Most men and women do not have the energy or the drive for sexual intercourse after chemotherapy.
- Prostate Cancer: Getting an erection and achieving ejaculation becomes quite a challenge with this kind of cancer because of the location of the prostate gland where the tumour is generally located.
- Hormones: While the hormones get altered during the treatment and also due to the hormonal treatment that is a part of the therapy followed for cancer patients, the psychological impact and the sexual disinterest is apparent in the patients as well.
Proteins are extremely important for your health. Protein is present in every cell of your body, it generally makes up your hair and nails along with keratin. Your body needs various supplements to stay healthy, such as fats and carbohydrates. These are called macronutrients (you need to consume it in huge amounts to stay hale and hearty).
Where can you find protein?
- It is present in milk, fish, eggs and meat.
- If you happen to be a vegan you can consume soy, beans, legumes and nut butter.
- Protein bars, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, anchovies, peanut butter, tofu, wheat germ, quinoa and edamame also contain a high amount of protein.
Why should you consume protein?
- It can reduce the risk of diabetes by producing natural insulin and progesterone protein.
- The substance called hemoglobin carries oxygen to your blood cells. So without hemoglobin oxygen would not be supplied to your muscles.
- If you have a heat shock, proteins can help reduce the stress and rebuild your cells.
- If you have lack of protein in your diet, it will be difficult for you to move and can also result in paralysis.
- Since protein is present in your hair and nails, it also helps to make your skin taut and look younger since structural protein includes collagen. There are a lot of products available in the market like collagen creams; since collagen contains protein it is not possible that creams containing proteins applied on the skin can make your skin better. It is highly necessary to consume protein such that your blood flow contains proteins. This will make your skin seem youthful.
- After a surgery, it is important that you stack up on protein, because protein helps to close your wounds and make them heal faster.
- Protein shakes are also very useful when you want to attain a healthier physique after hitting the gym. During a workout, your body goes through a lot of micro-tears (wear and tear caused in your muscle due to contraction of your muscle). So taking protein shakes after a heavy workout helps your muscle tissues to be healed completely.
I won't able to sleep early in night used to chat or listen music or audios. And so I won't able o wake up early as well. Can you please provide any solution.
Homoeopathy and male problem - Erectile dysfunction / impotence
Impotence is a common problem among men characterized by the inability to sustain an erection for sexual intercourse. Erectile dysfunction is characterized by the regular inability to maintain an erection.
A man may have a good erection with masturbation, but not when sexually active with his regular partner.
Majority of erectile dysfunctions are primarily psychogenic in origin. Psychological causes like depression, stress, anger, performance anxiety, low self-esteem. Fear of sexual failure are the most salient immediate causes of erectile difficulties. A history of sexual abuse, guilt about sexuality and early homosexual experiences are more common factors of erectile dysfunction.
In allopathy sildenafil citrate under the brand name viagra is the oral therapy for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. It usually acts within an hour of administration. Blood pressure is reduced transiently by sildenafil to 100 mg or more. Men even died from cardiovascular problems due to the side effects of sildenafil. Therefore viagra is not the right choice for all men. In addition to this drug, many men take the help of vaccum constriction device, penile injection therapy, intraurethral therapy, surgery. All of these treatments have different complications and side effects.
Adverse reactions of sildenafil:-
- nasal congestion
- urinary tract infection
- respiratory tract infection
- angina pectoris av block
- myocardial ischaemia
- cerebral thrombosis
- cardiac arrest
- heart failure
- skin diseases
- abnormal liver function tests
- unstable diabetes.
Role of homoeopathic medicines:-
Homoeopapthy has the best and the safest possible treatment to cure the problem of erectile dysfunction quite effectively without any complications or side effects. There is a permanent solution to erectile dysfunction (ed) or impotence. Ed or impotence is treatable and at any age. Homeopathy offers remarkable results in erectile dysfuntion (ed) or impotence cases, which may have arise from both physical and psychological causes. Unlike allopathic medicines, homeopathic medicines are non toxic and non addictive. Where the cause of erectile dysfunction (ed) or impotence is with other system diseases and due to drug effects, there also homeopathy provides better option. Homeopathy is strongly recommended for erectile dysfunciton or impotence. The treatment is decided after thorough case taking of the patient. Although relief from symptoms may require several doses and take longer with homeopathic remedy. The results are longer lasting and act on a deeper level in the body. With homoeopathy, erectile dysfunction or impotence is an issue that can be treated, allowing you and your partner to enjoy a full and satisfying loving relationship.