Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
It's being 20 days I had cough not the cough but mucus are coming every 15 minutes Black color mucus are coming from throat and light green color of mucus are coming from nose. I consult a doctor then fixed my problem but after 2 days it happen again and I m so worried about my mucus? So can you please tell me the treatment about handle my mucus?
I have a chronic head ache problem. It happening from last 5-6 yrs. Happens generally after 2-3 hrs of bath or when I walk around under the sun for 10-15 mins and come back home, and its also happens when I drink something cold or stay in ac rooms for 10-15 mins. I had done few test also as per the doctors whom I consulted here. 1) pns sinus 2) ct of scan of brain But as per them nothing found there. I last consulted with an ent specialist about 6-months back he told me that it's one kind of migraine which occurs due to stress. And given me a medicine after dinner. I felt good after taking that for 3 months and then he told me to stop the medicine and check whether the problem of head pain come again or not. Few days its didn't happened. But from last 2 months same thing happening again. Please help me so that I can get rid of this sever pain. It's start from right or left and gradually cover whole head. Some times stays for few mins. And sometimes stays for long. I took ceridon or sinarest for relief from this pain. Please help me.
My father is suffering from copd his age is 75, recently he recovered from ventilator doctors has advised him mucinac 600, my concern is whether this medicine can be taken lifetime and what is the recommended dose.
I am 26 years old recently I met with an accident I am fine now but the thing when I breathe strongly I am getting pain on my left chest even when I get cough also and after it was being normal every time and one more I got cold and synas also when I am splitting it was coming very solidly, I am able to work and every thing fine but what happened to me I can't able to understand kindly do the needful doctor.
I usually get cold and cough in winters. I live in day temperature of 8 to 10 degree and -5 to -7 night temp. During winters. please help.
Sir I have subtle in my lungs and is it curable or not? Even I am going on a medication course but I want to change my doctor. Please suggest me healthy food. Truly tell me smoke and drink how can effect me?
I am suffering from asthma since from 1983 & cold. I took daily telecast L tab &:rota.Please do help
My wife is pregnant with 16 weeks and having whooping cough since 2-3 weeks. What should I do to get her relief from choking and breathing problem?
I am suffering with tonsillitis cough 3-4 times in a year, specially at time of whether change. Now two days back I have taken a glass of cold drinks and immediately tonsillitis cough has been started. A huge cough with big sound. What is the quick solution.
I am 58 year old. I am suffering from sinusitis and I am able to feel that water is blocked in my front and back head. I took head steam bath but no relief. I don't know what to do. What shall I do?
I want to ask that my brother is having cough" khasi" frm last two months all the test r done bt there is no sign of anything I want to know the real issue what is the reason of this?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks And I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest me what should I done?
The lungs are made of pipes - starting from the nostrils all the way to the fine tubules in the lungs, through which the air we breathe passes through. The inhaled air also contains a lot of other particles - dust, pollen, virus, cigarette smoke, etc. Very often, the body is allergic to one or more of these particles, and the bronchi are constantly irritated and inflamed due to their sustained exposure. This causes allergic bronchitis which is identified by symptoms like chronic coughing, difficulty breathing, hoarseness, nasal congestion.
Ayurveda believes that the human body has 3 doshas or bio elements - vata, pitta, and kapha. Any disease is believed to be due to one of these being affected. Allergic bronchitis is believed to be an issue with vata.
- The most effective treatment for bronchitis is believed to be a glass of milk mixed with 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder in it. This mixture is believed to be most effective when taken on an empty stomach and can be had 2 to 3 times a day.
- Equal portions of powders of dry ginger, long pepper, and black pepper can be mixed with honey to make a smooth paste. This can be had 2 to 3 times a day to see wonderful results.
- One-half teaspoon of licorice powder mixed in 1 cup of water can be boiled, cooled, and stored to be consumed through the day.
- A creeping plant known as somlata (Ephedra vulgaris) is found to be highly efficacious in relieving asthma. This grows in western Himalayas in abundance and is sent in hundreds of tonnes to western countries where ephedrine is prepared from it. The powder made from the whole plant, after drying in the shade and is given in the dosage of 100 to 250 milligrams, mixed with honey or water at the intervals of 8 to 4 hours.
- Kapha katari - Literally translates as phlegm cutter, this works immediately. The powder needs to be wrapped in betel leaf and chewed slowly. Continue with another 4 doses over the next 24 hours.
- Kanakasava - The extract of Datura is very effective in halting bronchitis but needs to be taken under medical supervision only. This is habit-forming and therefore, needs to be used cautiously.
In addition, follow these general considerations too:
- Avoid or minimize exposure to known allergens, cigarette smoke and pollution
- Drink about 8 to 10 glasses of water to help form a thin mucous
- Avoid dust in the bedroom, avoid feather pillows
- Regularly vacuum clean the house
- Do yoga, especially the breathing asanas which are very beneficial for bronchitis patients
Allergic bronchitis is a chronic condition, and acute attacks can be avoided by following some of the pointers mentioned above.