Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Puneet K. KochharYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
She is a wonderful person and a very talented doctor. I have never met a doctor like her who personally comes and receive every patient and give you plenty of time to clear your doubts. She studies your case personally, no juniors who sometime miss minute details. Less waiting time at clinic. She treats every patient as her family so you will get personalised treatment. You can freely call her in case of any difficulty. And most importantly, a great IVF specialist. After losing both of my fallopian tubes in two pregnancies, I was left with the option of only IVF. First tried IVF with the best doctor in NCR, Dr. Sonia Malik who does nothing all the work is done by her juniors. IVF failed then I went to Dr. Puneet. The day I met her, I got positive vibes and eventually my second IVF was successful. She gave me the joy of motherhood. Now I am a mother of a 9 month old baby girl.
I had multiple health issues like pcod, hypothyroidism and diabetes. I visited the clinic nervous but once I met Mrs Kochhar she guided me that I could conceive with their teams guidance. I decided to go for an IUI cycle that month. Transparency was maintained at every step. To my heart s delight I did conceive with my husband sperm. Today I am a proud parent. I can't thank enough my Dr and her team for being there through my thick and thins and assuring their patients with such positivity. The EFC team is doing a noble work and may it reach pinnacle of success for all times to come .On a personal note I would recommend Dr Puneet Kochhar because she is a genuine, caring lady who has clarity of thought as to how to guide her patients with utmost care and honesty. No doubt EFC team is sincere in its work with transparency at every step.
I will always be indebted to Dr. Kocchar for the joy that she has brought in my life. Fantabulous is the only word to define her and her team'a constant and diligent efforts to bring change in people's lives. They made all the difference to my pregnancy, childbirth and beyond. And Dr. Kocchar deserves a special mention for tons of things for which this space wouldn't be enough but I guess it suffices to say a huge thank you! You are amazing!
It has been a pleasure knowing Dr.Puneet. .A doctor who is cent percent result oriented. Compassion with medical skills is her USP. .I have been recommending her to various patients with my background of medical problems. .Dr.Puneet is not only knowledgeable in her area of work she also has the art to communicate the lacuna's of medical 'science while explaining the protocol..I personally had a great experience which was customised for me..
She is an amazing Doctor as she made a wonderful differences in my life that I will be grateful for her Forever, she completes my family n my dreams may god bless him with all her wishes , gud health n wealth for her n her family .. lots of luv n thanks from the bottom of our heart ,, we love u n thanks for being the best doctor for me : anita shahi
Dr. Puneet Kochhar is the best Gyne Doctor I have ever seen, she has a great knowledge about her profession. When I first met her, she looked so simple and down to earth. She explains things very well and my wife feels very comfortable to discuss any kind of clarity related to pregnancy.
A very soft spoken and caring Doctor . Dr Puneet Mam has no match as compared to other IVF doctors in Delhi NCR. The great thing i like at elixir is there IVF lab which is the best and equipped with Best machines.
She is a very warm person and treated me as her own. She was very diligent while working on my case. With her knowledge she was able to guide me well and made me better. I am really thankful to Dr. Puberty.
She is an immensely skilled & noble hearted person. I havent got my treatment completed, but i have full faith & trust in her extremely compassionate approach. Am glad i met her.
Dr. Puneet k kochhar is a very nice ,dynamic & intelegent doctor .I think dr.Puneet k kochhar is very expert in IVF & she is best in Delhi & NCR region.
Dr is very nice ,she was very understanding and only prescribed tests and medicines after the full knowledge of medical history and problem
Elixir is excellent every way.The whole staff is solicious and caring.Super Doctors and Super staff.Keep up the excellent work.
She is a experienced and brilliant doctor...soft spoken, patiently listens to patient problem...best gynaecologist
Amazing and helpful..though I visited in Hans hospital and my treatment was done by Asha Hans ..
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Puneet K. Kochhar to be knowledgeable. Thanks Mam :)
Doctor was very approachable and gave complete time explaining the reasons and symptoms
Had a very good experience with Dr Puneet she is one of the best ivf doctor in delhi.
She is amazing doctor ever i have seen.she treats me like a frnd.
Good consultant and knowledgeable doc
Very polite & nice doctor
I'm married in 7 month only my wife not get pregnant but missed period what she do get pregnant early.
Q: kya urine infection k baad muje pregnancy ho skti h .ovulation k baad se mene 4 din tak conceive kiya tha fir muje infection hogya but ab thik hogya h.
I had a miscarriage on Dec 20, 2016. My cycle is all messed up since then, its about 36 days long. Previously it was exact 29 day. Trying to conceive for last three month but no success. How and when my cycle will be back to normal again?
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
- Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserosal fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
- Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
- Cause: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the childbearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
- Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
- Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
- Treatment: Non steroid, anti-inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
Remember to visit your doctor in case you see any nagging symptoms of fibroid tumours.
Infertility is a condition wherein a woman does not get pregnant in spite of having unprotected intercourse over a period of a year or even more. An abnormal menstrual cycle that is either too short or too long, irregular or even scanty can be an indication of a lack of ovulation, which in turn, is another factor behind female infertility.
Ovulation disorders are characterized by either a lack of ovulation or irregular and infrequent ovulation. These are a major cause of infertility. This may be due to defects in the regulation of the reproductive hormones by the pituitary gland or the hypothalamus (brain center responsible for producing some of the most essential hormones required by the body). Malfunctioning of the ovary is another cause in itself. Polycystic ovarian syndrome, premature failure of the ovaries (a condition wherein a woman’s ovaries fail to function properly even before she is 40 years old), hypothalamic dysfunction (a dysfunction of the hypothalamus) and excessive production of prolactin (a hormone that stimulates milk production among women after childbirth) by the pituitary gland are some of the factors responsible for the occurrence of such a disorder.
Damaged fallopian tubes do not allow the sperms to fuse properly with the egg. They might also prevent the fertilized egg from entering into the uterus. This condition may be caused due to pelvic inflammatory diseases (a group of infections of the reproductive organs in women), an infection in the fallopian tubes or the uterus caused due to various Sexually Transmitted Diseases, any abdominal surgery or surgery of the pelvic region and pelvic tuberculosis.
Endometriosis, wherein the tissue that usually grows in the uterus, starts growing outside it, is another factor responsible for infertility.
Several cervical or uterine disorders, such as tumors, inflammation within the uterus, uterine abnormalities, a cervical narrowing or the inability of the cervix to produce mucous for the sperm to travel to the uterus, are likely to impact fertility by obstructing implantation or enhancing the chances of miscarriage.
A man’s fertility generally relies on the quantity and quality of his sperm. If the number of sperm a man ejaculates is low or if the sperm are of a poor quality, it will be difficult, and sometimes impossible, for him to cause a pregnancy. Male infertility is diagnosed when, after testing both partners, reproductive problems have been found in the male.
Fertility drugs can be used to regulate and induce ovulation. But they carry with them certain risks and therefore you should consult your physician prior to consumption. Few examples of these drugs are Clomiphene Citrate, Gonadotropins, Metformin, Letrozole and Bromocriptine.
Surgical procedures can be recommended to correct reproductive abnormalities and restore fertility. A laparoscopic surgery or a tubal ligation reversal surgery (a surgery that unites one’s fallopian tubes again in order to enable the woman to have a baby) can be advised by the doctor.
- Reproductive assistance by Intrauterine insemination (a process that involves putting sperms inside a woman’s uterus in order to help her conceive) and Assisted reproductive technology (consisting of IVF and surrogacy). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Ovarian cancer takes place when the cells in either of your ovaries have an abnormal growth. The ovaries are two small organs, situated on either side of your uterus. They deliver female sex hormones and store and discharge eggs (ova) that help a woman reproduce. Ovarian cancer is a serious disease that emerges from various sorts of cells and growths inside the ovary.
Specialists do not know precisely what causes ovarian cancer. Hereditary qualities, for example and other DNA changes, are a danger element for few ladies. Around 10 out of 100 ovarian cancers are thought to be brought about by quality transformations in the BRCA1 or BRCA2 genes. Women who go through changes due to these carrier genes are more at risk of contracting ovarian cancer.
The earliest symptoms of ovarian cancer are as follows:
- Frequent bloating in the uterus or stomach area.
- Pain in your pelvis or belly.
- Inconvenience while eating, or feeling full quickly.
- Urinary issues, for example, a critical need to urinate or urinating more frequently than expected.
The disease is usually suspected after an ultrasound suggests an ovarian cyst with a specific appearance. If there is a suspicion of ovarian cancer on ultrasound, you doctor may ask for a blood test for markers like CA-125, CEA, AFP, etc.
Treatment options for ovarian cancer:
The decision of treatment and the long-term result for ladies who have ovarian cancer relies upon the sort and phase of cancer they are in. Your age, general wellbeing, personal satisfaction, and wish to get pregnant should be considered. The primary treatment methods for ovarian cancer are:
- Surgery to see whether you have cancer or not and to treat it. This may include taking biopsies to check for the spread of cancer.
- Chemotherapy, which uses medications to kill the cancerous cells. It is suggested after surgery for most phases of ovarian cancer.
- Women who are in a more progressive stage of ovarian cancer may have a portion of their chemotherapy before surgery and whatever is left of it after surgery. This can make the surgery more secure for these women.
- Radiation treatment might be utilized to pulverize the cancer cells with the help of high-measurement X-ray beams or other high-vitality beams.
Side Effects of Treatment Methods:
Most medications for ovarian cancer cause reactions. They may vary, depending upon the kind of treatment, your age and general well-being. Reactions of surgery rely on the degree of your surgery and spread of the disease. In case your specialist removes your ovaries, you lose the capacity to bear children with your own eggs. The option of egg freezing should be discussed before resorting to this step. Furthermore, if both ovaries are removed, it leads to menopausal symptoms.
Symptoms of chemotherapy may incorporate loss of appetite and weight, queasiness, fatigue, vomiting, nausea and hair loss.
One should get regular or annual check-ups done to see if there are problems in any parts of the bodies since natural symptoms of cancer are only visible after a certain stage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.