Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Puneet GuptaYour feedback matters!
Feeling pain in breast on both side and also feel pain in under arms of left side from few months I have examine by self everything is ok but still I feel pain.
I am 30 years old male. I have got small swelling or limp on my arms and legs, this looks like small round ball. Could you please let me know if I got lipoma decease or cancer is it harm to body? Because I feel awkward when I wear any half sleeve shirt. Thanks,
He has blood cancer his age is 20 he had blood report with Ferritin Serum counts are 1650 and LDH is 1961 What to do.
Sir, I have gone through turp prostate gland surgery. Four months passed. Urine flow is very slow. Urine is not clear at a time. No sign of blood and other things.
I'm 29 years old. I have fat balls under my skin. May be they called neurofibroma or a some thing how to get rid of them is surgery the only remedy. Please let me know.
My mother suffering from breast cancer I want know about breast cancer what should I do for my mother.
Hello Doctor, I suddenly found that's my breasts are getting lump, but it is painful. Please help me.
What is the symptom of mouth cancer and ho We find out if anyone is suffering from this and how much time it take?
Hi. My father has be suffering in bone marrow myeloma cancer what we diet in food and which is foods helping to growing on health I mean killed cancer causes give me full instructions of about to killing of cancer of myeloma.
Cancer konsi problems se hota hai? Body ke kis kis jaga par hota hai? Cancer hone par kya karna chahiye. Jo cancer thik ho jaye.
My question is on hard squeezing, my breast oozed out the fluid, I don't know what color fluid, but it did. Also, the other effects were pain, nipple burn, and a black layer has been formed over the nipple! Now it is getting back to normal. Please recommend me what doctor should I consult if necessary and what steps should I take?
I am 69y (male) Its found in the scan there's Grade 111 prostatomegaly and Cystitis changes in my rt. Kidney. How to rectify the prostate problem?
I'm 24 years old and my fiancee is 20 years old I press her breast very hardly.while pressing and mssng it hardly she get lots of pain when I do this.help
Does green tea is good for health? Does it loses the body weight? Does it make our body free from cancer?
Regular medical checkups and tests can be very helpful in prevention of cancer and growth of malignant cells or tumours. With the increase in the rates of cervical cancer, gynaecological checkups are of utmost need. For effective cervical cancer prevention, Pap smear bears the maximum number of success rates.
Pap smear is a medical procedure that helps to detect cancer or signs of other cervical infections. The Pap smear test however cannot detect ovarian cell cancer or uterine cancer. It is known to detect changes only in the vaginal cells and cervical dysplasia. Cervical dysplasia refers to the growth of pre-cancerous cells.
How this test is conducted?
1. Pap smear is conducted when the woman is not menstruating.
2. An instrument called speculum is inserted into one’s vagina to be able to access the cervix more easily.
3. Pap smear involves the collection of sample cells from the outer cervix area.
4. Cervical brush is inserted into the speculum and the sample cells are collected.
5. Then, the samples are put on a glass slide for further evaluation.
6. The Pap smear procedure takes only a few minutes bu can prevent serious medical problems in the long run.
7. The Pap smear is not a painful procedure, though it may be slightly uncomfortable for a few minutes only.
Who can undergo Pap smear?
1. Women can undergo Pap smear procedures once they are of 21 years of age and are generally sexually active
2. Women can go for pap smears up to the age of 70
3. Pap smears should be conducted preferably every two or three years
4. Women aged 65 and above and who have had no abnormalities in the last three consecutive tests, may stop taking pap smears
5. Before undergoing the test, it is important to stop douching and using vaginal creams for at least 2 days.
6. If there has been a case of multiple and frequent change of sexual partners, then you must go for Pap smear frequently
7. Women with weak immune system and who bear the risk of HIV Aids
8. Women who are heavy smokers