Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Puneet GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 47 year and I take RMD (gutkha) from past 18 years regularly. Now I am worrying whether I may affect with cancer like disease. I would like to have through checkup for this. What should I do?
I have taken radiation during treatment of mouth cancer and since than I am facing problem of fungus on toung. I am using candid mouth paint but fungus is still there. Please suggest more effective medicine ?
I'm getting water balls on my body I consulted a doctor he said thats not a big problem and said its neurofibroma. Can someone help me informing various effects of neurofibroma and is it harmful to me or not. And how should I remove bolls that already on my hand and few small starting on other parts of body and also precautions that I should take.
My father had a laser holmeum surgery for Prostate problem and he contracted an UTI infection from the catheter. This infection was detected to be Pseudomonas Aeruginosa and my father had already taken Niftran 100 mg twice daily for 3 months. The recent urine culture showed that Niftran is now resistant along with many other antibiotics and his infection is still active. The pus cells were 25 to 30 in the routine microscopy. The only sensitive antibiotic was Colistin. Our doctor is advising to wait for few more days as he is asymptomatic. He is also diabetic from the last 11 years. Please suggest.
Dear Sir, Dr. catched that my father have a cancer in his lungs and it is spread in his glan. They also told it is the middle stage of cancer. Now what will I do? Is it curable?
I had uterine cancer scare in 2015. I had undergone hysterectomy. Though all the tests were negative for cancer I have developed a fobia of cancer. I always feel sick. My stomach aches all the time. N in dreams also I always see sickness or sick people. Most of the time myself .Is this neurological disorders. I try to remain happy n keep myself busy. But subconsciously I always see myself taking medication and injections. Please advice.
I am 71 years old male. I tested my PSA level, it shows 6.9, is it normal or should go for medicine.
I had cancer in early stage in right side of tongue.It was operated and tongue was cut with margin.Lymph node in right side was not affected but removed.Now more saliva is being generated.Tonue is sensitve.What should be my tratment now?
Hi Madam / Sir, Recently my Mom diagnose with a Brest Cancer, Her age is 64, Now all tests are going at Cancer Hospital, their doctors are suggesting to go for "KEMO" but now her weight is 45 kg. Few doctors are saying to go for KEMO some are saying no to go with it. Kindly suggest that shall she can able to cure with Ayurvedic treatment without going for KEMO , Doctor's are saying she is in second stage. Please help me sir.
What are the symptoms of skin cancer and effects of it. Please explain me with brief and the abdominal cystitis problem also occurs frequently.
Bladder cancer is the result of the growth of cancerous cells inside the bladder. Bladder cancer is mainly of four types:
- Urothelial carcinoma: In this type of bladder cancer, the tumours may be limited to the bladder or spread from the urothelial to the deeper layers in the bladder. The urothelial is the epithelium lining in the renal pelvis, ureters, urethra and bladder.
- Squamous cell carcinoma: Squamous cells are flat, thin cells that form after a prolonged infection in the bladder. The cancer starts from these cells.
- Adenocarcinoma: Glandular cells in the bladder produce and discharge mucus. This type of cancer begins from the glandular cells.
- Superficial bladder cancer: If the cancer is limited to the bladder lining, then it is known as superficial bladder cancer. The cancer might spread to the bladder muscle wall, or spread to the lymph nodes and organs close to it.
It is important note that, if bladder cancer is detected early, then it can be cured most of the times.
Who is at a risk of acquiring bladder cancer?
Those who smoke or have a history of bladder cancer in the family or are exposed for to industrial chemicals for long durations are at an increased risk of bladder cancer.
The symptoms of bladder cancer include:
- Blood in urine
- More frequent passing of urine
- There is a sensation of pain or burning when urinating
- Bladder is not emptied completely
- Pain in the lower back
Bladder cancer treatment by conventional medication can be complemented by Ayurveda; especially, with the Panchakarma therapy, which detoxifies the body. Detoxification can be done by:
- Snehana therapy that is oil massage
- Swedana that is steaming therapy
- Vamana that is by urging vomiting
- Virechana that is by purging
- Basti is the enema medication
- Nasya or through nasal medication
- Raktamokshana Therapy
Along with the above mentioned therapies, consuming medicated juices, which contain fruits and vegetables is good for the body. Antioxidant Ayurvedic medicines are also highly beneficial. Practicing yoga, sound therapy, pranayama, acupressure and acupuncture can help in the long run.
Sometimes, traditional cancer medication can rob the body of its strength once the symptoms are cured. Rasayan Chikitsa can help the body regain its strength. Rasayan Chikitsa improves the metabolism, memory, longevity, hair and complexion. It brings back the vigour that was lost. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.
My mom has been suffering from ovarian cancer from last 1 year and now after chemotherapy and operation she is adviced to take votrient tablets. I think it' ll be better for her to consume less acidic food. So, would you please suggest the diet to increse her body alkalinity.
Can a 70 years old lady survive having third stage colon cancer. Weight 30kg. Very weak not able to eat and drink anything.
GOOD LIFESTYLE CAN SHRINK TUMORS & COMBAT CANCER.
We exactly do not know what causes Cancer & but there are various organizations that are working hard to continuously review and assess the body of evidence on diet, physical activity and cancer.
The 2007 report by WCRF/AICR International state 10 point recommendation for prevention of Cancer.
AICR RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CANCER PREVENTION:
1. Be as lean as possible without becoming underweight.
2. Be physically active for at least 30 minutes every day.
3. Avoid sugary drinks. Limit consumption of energy-dense foods (particularly processed foods high in sugar, or low in fiber, or high in fat).
4. Eat more of a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes, such as beans.
5. Limit consumption of red meats, such as beef, pork and lamb, and avoid processed meats.
6. If consumed at all, limit alcoholic drinks to 2 for men and 1 for women a day.
7. Limit consumption of salty foods and foods processed with salt (sodium).
8. Don’t use supplements to protect against cancer. Special Population Recommendations
9. It’s best for mothers to breastfeed exclusively for six months and then add other liquids and foods.
10. After treatment, cancer survivors should follow the recommendations for cancer prevention. And always remember – do not smoke or chew tobacco
RULE OF THUMB FOR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
Use these tips to make more walking part of your day:
• Start parking at the perimeter of the lot or two blocks away if you’re using street parking, instead of trying to get as close as possible to your destination.
• If you take public transportation, get off the train or bus when you are a stop away.
• Take the stairs instead of the elevator. If you’re heading for the 20th floor, walk up a few flights and then catch the elevator.
• Recruit a partner for after-lunch walks.
• Go for a 30-minute walk every day, or two 15-minute walks: one each morning and one each evening. These changes may mean you have to leave the house 15 or 20 minutes earlier.
The goal is lifelong health, so reset your alarm. On weekends, walk when doing your errands or to other destinations like museums or movies.