Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Puneet Gupta
Submit a review for Dr. Puneet GuptaYour feedback matters!
Respected Sir/Madam, This is in regards to the patient (my grandma). She has been lately struggling to walk and sit. She fell down and broke her spine before 5 months. She wasn't able to bear the pain for the last 2 months. Then we took her to hospital where they told after taking biopsy it might be multiple myeloma. They referred another hospital's Oncology department for further treatment. Radiation was given 10 times first in the spinal cord. Even after that treatment the pain did not stop and radiation was given to hip also. Now 2 weeks has passed after that and still she is having the pain.
Cancer is a fatal health condition which should be avoided at any cost. There are several factors which may lead to different kinds of cancer and prevention is the only way to stay safe. By making some lifestyle changes and altering habits, cancer can be prevented. Here is what all you can do to keep this life-threatening disease at bay:
Stop using tobacco: Using tobacco in any form may increase the chance of cancer in a person. Smoking leads to different types of cancer, such as lung, mouth, throat, pancreas, kidney, and bladder cancer. Chewing tobacco also may lead to oral and pancreatic cancer. Even passive smoking can cause cancer. Hence, try to avoid tobacco at any cost.
A healthy diet: Including several food items in your daily diet will reduce the chance of cancer. You should consume a lot fresh fruits and vegetables and your diet should also include beans and grains. You should eat light and avoid high-calorie food in order to prevent obesity. Alcohol should be consumed in moderation as alcohol leads to several types of cancer. You should lessen meat consumption too.
Maintaining a healthy weight and staying physically active: If you maintain a healthy weight, the risks of various cancers such as breast, prostate and lung cancer are reduced. And physical activity is a must to maintain the right weight and fitness. Physical activity provides several health benefits and prevents cancer. Both moderate and rigorous physical workouts are essential.
Protection from the sun: Skin cancer is caused due to overexposure to the sun and its harmful rays. In order to prevent skin cancer, you should avoid going out in the midday sun, the rays of which are very strong. Try to be in the shade while outside and wear loose fitting, light clothes. Cover all exposed areas of the skin, and do not apply excessive sunscreen on your skin.
Immunization: For preventing cancer, you should stay away from several viral infections. For this, you require immunization against a number of infections. Hepatitis B increases the risk of liver cancer and the hepatitis B vaccine can be taken by adults for prevention and by those who undergo risky sexual activities. HPV or the human papillomavirus, a sexually transmitted virus, leads to several cancers such as cervical and genital cancer. The HPV vaccine should be taken in order to prevent such cancers.
Adopt good habits, maintain a healthy and fit lifestyle and take the right vaccines to keep cancer away. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
What are the symptoms of cancer and what are the effects and what it forms what are its main agents.
He has stomach cancer last stage. Which life style or diet or exercise or yoga should he adopt to live a comfortable life?
My sister is suffering from breast cancer please guide us now till day she had already 3 chemo therapy completed in a nursing home in kolkata now doctor says operation is required what can I do please give me advice.
Breast lift surgery or Mastopexy is a form of plastic surgery used for lifting or raising sagging breasts in women. The size, contour and elevation of the breasts are modified or corrected using this procedure.
The position and shape of the breasts in women change after pregnancy, breastfeeding, suffering weight loss or with age. A breast lift surgery is effective in treating sagging breasts.
During a breast lift surgery, extra skin is removed from the breasts, and the surrounding tissues are tightened for reshaping of the breasts. The nipples and areola are also reshaped to a better location. A breast lift surgery may involve the procedures of liposuction and abdominoplasty for an even better rejuvenation.
Breast lift surgery is undertaken by many women for different reasons. Some women do not like their breast shape or volume after pregnancy and have this surgery done.
A breast lift surgery offers various benefits. They are:
- A breast lift surgery improves the body image of a woman and also boosts her self-esteem. Women feel their breasts have been affected negatively after pregnancy and undergoing this surgery enables them to have satisfactory breasts again. A breast lift surgery does not cause the breasts to increase in size. They appear bigger because they are higher in position and firmer than before.
- Having a breast lift surgery can push you to make better and healthier choices about your lifestyle. For undergoing any form of surgery, it is recommended that you stay as healthy as possible. This includes proper diet and eating habits along with regular exercise.
- A breast lift surgery improves the quality of life in women. Body image is improved, and the woman feels good about her breasts and body as a whole. According to studies, 92% of women having a breast lift surgery had improved self-esteem and a better, healthier life than before. Women become less conscious about their breasts after the surgery, as the breasts become satisfactory.
- As a result of this surgery, some clothes may fit better, and a woman can experiment with trendier outfits, and may also not wear a bra at times.
- A breast lift surgery gives women a better proportion between their breasts and buttocks. The contrast is better and makes a woman more attractive. More cleavage is created, and the breasts get more projected.
A breast lift surgery is an efficient procedure to improve the breasts of women. Sagging breasts are corrected by a surgery which gives certain benefits to women.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!