Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Puneet GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have prostrate of 2nd grade for which I am on allopathic medication from chd. Pgl. I had constipation since a very long time but now the natural urge for passing stool in the morning has gone. Although I am taking two big spoons of issabgol daily at night. If if I do not pass the stool then for the whole day I dont like to take anything, acute gas problem also irritates me. I shall feel oliged if you kindly help me to solve the problem. Please. Help. Kind regards.
The prostate is a small gland positioned around the urethra and is responsible for creating the fluid to be ejaculated that contains semen. Commonly described as the shape and size of a walnut, the prostate has many important functions within the male reproductive system. Reports of cancer of this organ have become very frequent. Ayurveda has very effective treatments that not only stop the spread of the cancer, but can actually cause partial or full remission.
Some Ayurvedic treatments for Prostate cancer:
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: When mixed with honey and ghee, this medication is known to be very effective in treating anemia. However, it is also very effective in fighting tumors and cancer cells and thus is both a supplement to the body as well as fighter of illnesses.
- Amalaki or Emblica Officinalis: One of the most used and go to remedies within Ayurveda is amalaki which is frequently used to cure digestive problems. It is also an antioxidant and quickly drains out free radicals from within the body. This helps in cancer treatment, immunity boosting and improving metabolism.
- Vibhitaki or Terminalia Belerica: This is an excellent medication, which is very beneficial in purifying blood and removing toxins from the body. It is very good in increasing red blood cell count, which is very important when the body is fighting any form of cancer. Thus it is effective in the case of prostate cancer as well.
- Guduchi or Giloy: This medication is very good to fight calcium deficiency and is very effective at fighting infections as well. This is necessary to ensure that the body is protected while it is fighting the cancerous cells.
- Curcumin or Curcuma Longa: This is one of the wonder drugs being touted around as the next big thing in fighting cancer. Curcumin is the primary chemical in turmeric and is known to be very effective in the prevention of growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Punarnava or Boerhavia Diffusa: This is a great medication, which helps improve blood flow to and from the kidneys and also helps in increasing the count of red blood cells. All these properties make this particular species of flowering plant an absolute master when it comes to preventing prostate cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I have swollen lymph nodes under jaw and chin and also have fever and cold I also lost my 1 kg weight my family doctor and ent says it's nothing other than infection please give your opinion thank you.
I have pain in my left breast continuous at low for some days but I had not notice any sist in it but feel some hard space. Please guide what I do and whom I may contact. Thanks sir.
Dear Sir; Im too much depressed. I'm out of my study track, always thinks about that what happened If I have an serious disease like cancer, I'm from a poor family so how my parents effort this? All my labor n aims n desires will finished if I die. Although I don't have any problem I'm thinking so much and inviting diseases. I cant bear insults. There is an uncomfortable condition all over in my mind and body. I'm not happy with anything. I don't know what makes me happy. So pls sir tell me what should I do?
My father is having rectal cancer which we diagnosed after 1 month. The doctor has done the surgery but now the cancer has reached stage IIIb nd 4 lymph nodes are infiltrated. The doctor is now saying tht we will have to do 6 chemotherapy in every 21 days. Is there a danger to wait 21 days as the tumour is spreading nd we do not want it reach stage IIIb or stage 4. Please suggest something.
Respected Sir/Madam, This is in regards to the patient (my grandma). She has been lately struggling to walk and sit. She fell down and broke her spine before 5 months. She wasn't able to bear the pain for the last 2 months. Then we took her to hospital where they told after taking biopsy it might be multiple myeloma. They referred another hospital's Oncology department for further treatment. Radiation was given 10 times first in the spinal cord. Even after that treatment the pain did not stop and radiation was given to hip also. Now 2 weeks has passed after that and still she is having the pain.
My grandmother just now detected 2nd stage cancer in uretus (bachhadani) she is 86 years old. Is it beneficial to treat it with chemotherapy or in this age any other treatment like naturopathy etc. She is doing well no diabetes but hypertensive please recommend.
Mr. sachin was suffering from stage 2 Head and neck cancer. He had undergone surgery in october month. After that radiation and chemotherapy is completed. But he is suffering from mouth opeopening issues. Physiotherapist have suggested some exercises but due to these exercises he is getting inflammation in neck and mouth region. Is the inflammation is normal? Any alternative option to get the mouth opening.
Hii Dr. please suggest what to do for release pain after press boobs hardly first time? A day before yesterday I press boob of my wife first time during foreplay. But after that she have pain there from last two days. Can I have suggestions for release that pain?
I am having pain in my breast from 5-6 days. Nd 3 days before I was having white transparent discharge nd it was having blood in it. Can you pls suggest what shud I do?
My present abdomen report- Liver- appear normal Gal bladder- CBD is echo free and measures 4.5 mm approx. Pancreas- normal Spleen- 80 mm x 41 mm Kidney- both are normal size shape position and axis right kidney show cyst measuring 1.8 cm and 2.0 cm approx. Left kidney show cyst measuring 4.2 x 3.7 cms approx. There is no evidence of renal calculi on either side. Right kidney 86 mm x 36 mm Left kidney 87 mm x 43 mm Urinary bladder is normal in size shape and contour no intraluminal lesion seen. Prostate glad is enlarge in size shape and echo pattern prostate measure 37 mm x 40 mm x 42 mm. Prostate volume is 33.3 ml BLOOD REPORT Haemoglobin 10.8 gm/dl W.B.C - 6300/cu. Mm neutrophil - 63% Lymphocytes - 30% eosinophil - 06% monocyte - 01% Basophild - 00% Erythrocyte sedimentation rate 1st hour - 78 mm 2nd hour - 102 mm Average - 64. 5 mm Blood sugar - fasting 116 mg/dl. Post prandial - 174 mg/dl TAKING medicine :- 1. Cap pantocid - L - one in morning empty stomach. 2. Syp. Duphalac - 10 ml two time. 3. Tab. Flodart plus - one at nite. 4. Tab. Niftas 100 mg - two time morning and evening. 5.syp.sucral- three time. 6.cap.becosules z.7.glucobay 25 - morning. 8.glyciphage 500 mg one time. Steel feel heavy stomach not feeling hungry.
Hi, I am 31 years old male and suffering from urinary tract problem for past one month. Doctor says it is chronic prostatitis. But I would like to share my history here. Before 2 years, I received unprotected oral sex from a massage therapist. Even 4 months back I received the same unprotected oral sex. No symptoms were shown all these days and I started having urinary problem since end of June and it is continuing till date. I am worried a lot that it could be chlamydia or gonorrhoea. I expressed my anxiety to the doctor, but he strongly opposed my thought that it cannot be. I have been tested for HIV, HBsAg, VDRL and everything turned out NEGATIVE. Do I still susceptible to chlamydia or gonorrhoea? I feel fluctuating burning sensation or pain around my genitals. All of the sudden it had stopped in the middle but again started. Apart from this, there are no other symptoms observed. No discharge or no rashes. Please let me know the chances of getting chlamydia or gonorrhoea through oral sex. What test should I take? Why the doctor was so strongly opposing my thought? He said that 3 months is a longer period for the symptoms to show up and therefore he asked me not to worry about it. But I am terribly worried as urinary problem still persists.
My father has cancer in food pipe at 3rd stage. We don't want to go for chemo therpahy of radiations. Is there any oral medicine to procure the diseases.
My sister has colon cancer she is taking ayurvedic med for it from last 4 years. Now she got tested for she has become anemic. They found she has internal bleeding. What can be done what r her options.
Knowing This Can Help You Prevent Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian cancer is the most common cancer to affect the female reproductive system. The exact cause of ovarian cancer is not yet known and the risk factors involved are numerous, the most prevalent of which are genetic defects and hereditary problems.
The symptoms of ovarian cancer are not always clear and range from pelvic and abdominal pains to irregularities in the menstrual cycle. Women beyond the age of 50 are most at risk of developing this type of cancer and the risk factor increases in case of family history.
Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
There is no sure shot way of preventing ovarian cancer. Some factors such as genetics cannot be controlled at all. There are, however, ways to take precaution against it through some simple lifestyle choices. A few of those ways are as follows:
• Eat a healthy balanced diet which is rich in all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals that the body requires for boosting and maintaining immunity.
• Exercise regularly and stay active. Maintaining fitness is an important aspect of preventing the onset of all sorts of diseases and disorders.
• Go for frequent health checkups and make regular consultations with your gynaecologist so as to ensure early detection of the problem.
Another notable way of avoiding ovarian cancer is taking birth control pills which are known to reduce the risk levels. However, studies have shown that there are other health risks associated with taking birth control pills and hence you should always consult a gynaecologist for a proper prescription.