Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments
Dr. Puneet Dwevedi  - Psychiatrist, Delhi

Dr. Puneet Dwevedi

MBBS, MD - Psychiatry

Psychiatrist, Delhi

24 Years Experience  ·  1000 at clinic
Dr. Puneet Dwevedi MBBS, MD - Psychiatry Psychiatrist, Delhi
24 Years Experience  ·  1000 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

Dr. Puneet Dwevedi is a Consultant Psychiatrist and the Head of the Department of Mental Health and Behavioural Sciences, Fortis Healthcare. He has done his MBBS from UCMS, Delhi and his ......more
Dr. Puneet Dwevedi is a Consultant Psychiatrist and the Head of the Department of Mental Health and Behavioural Sciences, Fortis Healthcare. He has done his MBBS from UCMS, Delhi and his MD Psychiatry from Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi. He has been extensively involved with educational programmes for medical doctors and has been an eminent speaker at various forums in schools and the corporate sector.
More about Dr. Puneet Dwevedi
Dr. Puneet Dwevedi is a renowned Psychiatrist in Jangpura, Delhi. You can meet Dr. Puneet Dwevedi personally at Dr. Puneet Dwevedis Clinic in Jangpura, Delhi. Don?t wait in a queue, book an instant appointment online with Dr. Puneet Dwevedi on has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MBBS - University College of Medical Sciences & GTB Hospital, New Delhi - 1993
MD - Psychiatry - Lady Hardinge Medical College and Smt. S K Hospital, New Delhi - 1995
Languages spoken
Awards and Recognitions
Best intern in Paediatrics, UCMS and GTB Hospital
A K Kala Award for best oration/paper in IPS North Zone
General Secretary, Delhi Psychiatry Society


Book Clinic Appointment

Fortis Flt. Lt. Rajan Dhall Hospital - Vasant Kunj

Sector B, Pocket 1, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg,Vasant KunjNew Delhi Get Directions
  4.3  (62 ratings)
1000 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Puneet Dwevedi

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Fellow Observership, Certificate in Forensic Psychology, MD-Psychiatry, MBBS
Psychiatrist, Akola
Recognise the traits of borderline personality disorder & seek help
1 person found this helpful

I am 20 years old. I have body pains from last 2 days. I used medicine but pain became more. So what precautions I should take?

FRHS, Ph.D Neuro , MPT - Neurology Physiotherapy, D.Sp.Med, DPHM (Health Management ), BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Chennai
Do take balanced diet and hyderated avoid stress anxiety and anticipating the things do regular physical activity and breathing exercises for about 20 minutes regularly best wishes.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

After five months I have started exercises and the next day body pains are worst ever and actually I started with less exercises but even though the body pains are worst.

MD - Psychiatry, MBBS
Psychiatrist, Tirunelveli
Don't worry do daily walking and stretching your joins for one month the go for exercise if started in exercise you should not stop suddenly. Walking will give relief from pain
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Pain of head for two week. Too much tensed for result of exam. Is there any solution?

M.Sc Applied Psychology, Advanced Diploma Child Guidance & Counselling
Psychologist, Delhi
Hello lybrate user it's natural feel tense and anxious because of exam results. Our mind and body are connected so any kind of stress would lead to physical symptoms. Try to keep yourself busy, meet friends discuss your concerns with them. It helps when we pour our feelings out. You can also relax yourself by indulging yourself into spa, head massage. It will help in releasing tension and may reduce your headache. All the best.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am taking allopathy treatment for parkinsonism since last year. Is there any permanent cure in Ayurveda, if so duration of treatment?

MD - Alternate Medicine, BHMS
Homeopath, Surat
Yes, there is cure for it in Homeopathy. You can go for it. Allopathy does not have any permanent cure for it. Take care. :)
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Suffering from cough and dust allergy sneezing and body pains esnophilia background using aerocort rotacaps, now body pains heavily pl prescription tablets thanks feverish thanks.

Pulmonologist, Faridabad
Aerocort rotacaps are for asthma and should be used in emergency only, as they are used as rescue medicine. For regular use, use asthma preventor medicine by inhalation with spacer.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My husband is 47 years old. He takes alcohol in the interval of 30-120 days. Once he starts drinking alcohol means that continues for at least one week. During this period he becomes very aggressive and out of mind and behaves almost madly. When he don't drink alcohol he is a perfect gentleman but bit short tempered. Whether this behaviour is normal? Please suggest.

M.S. Counselling and Psychotherapy
Psychologist, Bangalore
If your husband loses control over his behaviour and if he is aggressive after consuming alcohol, then that is a cause of concern. He needs de-addiction treatment. Please take him to a doctor when he is sober. The doctor will prescribe some medicines for him to stay away from alcohol and also to treat withdrawal symptoms if any. He needs medical and emotional support.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I feel very sad & lifeless sometimes. I do not get aggressive or hormonally intense instead I become very silent like going in great despair. Difficult to talk or reply to anybody. Prefer to be alone at that time. Escapist type nature.

B.Sc(Hons) Mumbai Univ., ND, MD - Alternate Medicine, Aroma Therap., Bach Flower Rem, Mental Health Cert.
Alternative Medicine Specialist, Mumbai
Hi I will prescribe you some harmless but effective flower remedy available in homoeopathy shops. Mix 3 drops larch + 3 drops of aspen + 4 drops of mimulus + 3 drops of cherry plum. Mix these with 100 ml water and drink once daily before sleeping.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, my boyfriend break up with me 2 weeks later. We were in relationship for 3 months. And in this 3 months we met once. That was our first date. He even lip lock and huggged me on first date. I don't wanted to do it but he was so much hurry for those things. Reason for break up first he told lets be happy in happiness of parents. Then he told after 2-3 days he was not happy with me. I truly loved and trusted him alot. I can't understand what he was doing with me and what he wanted actually. Because after break up also he told me wants to be my best friend for life. He dint even removed me still from social networking sites, Facebook and watsapp. He was caring and understanding alot that made me loved him seriously and truly. I can't forget him anyhow now. Also I miss him alot but I can't tell him whats there actually in my mind. It's like I can't concentrate anywhere he's always on my mind. After break up he also txt me 2-3 times but I dint replied him. But still I can't understand y he has kept me on social networking sites if he don't love me. Even I told him I don't want to b his friend now. Please help me. I'M totally in depression.Please tell sir.

M.Sc - Applied Psychology
Psychologist, Bangalore
Hi, you are feeling betrayed, hurt, angry and sad over how your boyfriend has distanced himself from you. You are going through a difficult phase in terms of your emotions and maybe hoping he might come back to you again and hence cognitively you are trying to understand why he hasn't disconnected with you over the social network sites. He may have his own reasons to justify his decision and what he does is not in your control. What you can do is understand and get in touch with what's happening to you. Are you happy in this state? what would you like to do now? do you see any future with this guy who is finding it hard to commit and stay in the relationship? how does it matter whether he hasn't deleted your contact from those sites? it's also important to understand that usually boys and girls are in an exploratory phase around this age trying to understand how and with whom they are able to relate, and in this process there are heartaches for some. You have displayed a huge amount of courage by not replying back to his messages and it shows you value yourself, which is really good. This time is very critical for you in terms of your career or future goals, so start thinking about your goals and make efforts to work towards them. You can also block him from your networks if it gives you some amount of relief/freedom and also allow yourself to feel your pain. Gradually you will be out of it and looking life in the face with renewed zeal. So take care of yourself and give yourself your attention.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello. I am 23 year old male. I was mentally harassed by my elder cousin from 2006 to 2013. I told my problem to my parents but they did not pay any heed to it. So my mental harassment continued on. In 2013 my attendance fell low due to lack of transportation. My attendance fell short. I again told my parents but they did not pay any heed to that. As a result of that I was made to rewrite my exams as of no fault of mine. I had to travel to 15 Km of distance by my own even in jaundice. But no one bothered to ask my problem. I wished to fill up my Engineering Entrance Exams forms but my parents still did not supported me. I was mentally harassed by my own relatives and my parents. As a result of constant strain my body weight fell from 68 Kg to 55 Kg. No one supported me when I was in a need. Please prescribe me some medicines to get my physical health back on track. I was constantly kicked up in my life and was mentally harassed too. I hope that your medicines will help me to attain physical and mental health too. Thanking you for being an patient listener.

Ph. D - Psychology, Professional Certified Coach
Psychologist, Ahmedabad
You have been traumatized as a teenager. Right now you are in a victim mode. That is not helping you take charge of your own life. Unfortunately we can not change anyone around us. What we could do is change ourself and how we respond to the situation. You have a long life ahead of you. I would strongly suggest you to seek help. Find a counselor or psychologist near you whom you could trust and feel comfortable with. Talking on a regular basis will help you shift your focus and energy and also help you learn ways to deal with the stress and situation better. You will also be able to take charge of your own life and decide what is right and wrong and what could help you progress further. If you are interested in working online fee free to contact me. Medicines does not hold solutions for all problems in life. Sometimes we need to change the way look at life and be a part of solution instead of feeling helpless and hopeless. I do hope for the best outcome for you, wishing you best,
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

From the past month sometimes have a felling of suicide and sometimes I feel I should have a brain checkup. From the past month everything is like weird, I do not like to do the stuff I usually do the most when I'm sad or upset like listening songs, playing games, to find new ways of enjoyment, talking to friends, hanging out and some more such stuff. I think I have become emotionless I feel nothing means I do not get angry at any cost , I do not get sad even if some of my own family member or a close person hurts me a lot, I'm not even happy, I do not think this is due to hormonal changes, cause I had these hormonal fluctuations 2 years ago and I had no such reactions in the last year. I have tried to discuss these problems with my friends but no one had a solution which I could adopt for a change in my mind set. It is my humble request to you sir / ma'am please give the best solution so that I can overcome my mental problems. Thank you.

Reparenting Technique, BA, BEd
Psychologist, Bangalore
There is all likelihood that some unresolved childhood issue is cropping up for the last time seeking a resolution. If you or your parents know of anything that happened from your prenatal days till now, then take that information and consult with a counselor first. Suicidal tendencies may have very deep rooted life-threatening events that remained buried and is now surfacing. This is speculation and can only be verified by your parents. If all this is true, it then appears like you have touched upon an important matter to resolve. Otherwise, you may carry a permanent negative trait into adulthood and beyond and suffer unnecessary difficulties. See this as an eye-opener and an opportunity to sort out something that has long-term bearings.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

It's two months that she is i is pregnant. Now we want to know that when we have to go for ultrasonography test. Please learn me more as some relatives are saying that we are late for the rest. Please advice.

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology
Gynaecologist, Guwahati
Hello, the first ultrasound done during a normal pregnancy is usually between 16 - 20 weeks. This is done to check for the baby's growth and development. An ultrasound earlier tha this will be needed only if there is a complication in the pregnancy.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 28 years old and I have body pain for more than one month along with severe weakness. I am anemic since childhood and putting on fat on a daily basis. Eyes are bulging out due to excessive fat.

General Physician, Mumbai
To increase your Heamoglobin value apart from medication eat green vegetables, jaggery, carrots , beet etc and your body pain might be due to anaemia
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I started taking pexep 20 mg for social anxiety for 1 month den increased dose to 30mg for 20 days and now started with 40 mg for social anxiety I m not getting good result no improvement in social anxiety please help.

BASM, MD, MS (Counseling & Psychotherapy), MSc - Psychology, Certificate in Clinical psychology of children and Young People, Certificate in Psychological First Aid, Certificate in Positive Psychology
Psychologist, Palakkad
Dear Haresh, Welcome to lybrate. Social Anxiety disorder treatment consists of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, life style changes, relaxation therapy and meditation. Once you learn how to manage your anxiety yourself with the help of the above treatment methods, You will be cured. The process is a bit lengthy and could take any period between one year to 2 years according to the depth of the anxiety problem and the circumstances at which the patient lives. Keep the period of treatment in mind, prepare yourself to take up the treatment and consult a psychologist online or in person. Take care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My brother was met a road accident on19.12.2014 he has admitted in vizag his brain was injured now he is physically OK, but he is behaving just like a child his age is 34 What can I do?

BHARAT JYOTI, MRACGP, INCEPTOR, MD-PhD, MD - Psychiatry, FIPS, Fellow of Academy of General Education (FAGE), DPM, MBBS
Psychiatrist, Bangalore
He may have Post Head injury loss of memory/ Reactive Psychosis. And Anterograde amnesia. Also he may have subtle damage to brain resulting in Organic Brain Syndrome. You need to get assessment for organicity and behavioral analysis and a mental state examination. An MRI Scan/ EEG are also helpful alongwith Psychometry.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Examinations are going on and I am unable to concentrate on study due to weakness because I don't have mood to eat anything. What should I do now?

M.A-Philosophy, Masters in Psychotherapy and Counselling, B.A.M.S
Go for brisk walk for ten minutes, do any activity what you enjoy for ten minutes and focus on study
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I don't know if I have depression really. I took few online test though which says I do have depression. Is there any way for me to know if I am really depressed.

MD - Psychiatry
Psychiatrist, Chennai
The word depressed is a common everyday word. People might say" i'm depressed" when in fact they mean" i'm fed up because i've had a row, or failed an exam, or lost my job" etc. These ups and downs of life are common and normal. Most people recover quite quickly. With true depression, you have a low mood and other symptoms each day for at least two weeks The common symptoms are (few might be present in a person with depression) Feelings of sadness, tearfulness, emptiness or hopelessness Angry outbursts, irritability or frustration, even over small matters Loss of interest or pleasure in most or all normal activities, such as sex, hobbies or sports Sleep disturbances, including insomnia or sleeping too much Tiredness and lack of energy, so even small tasks take extra effort Changes in appetite — often reduced appetite and weight loss, but increased cravings for food and weight gain in some people Anxiety, agitation or restlessness Slowed thinking, speaking or body movements Feelings of worthlessness or guilt, fixating on past failures or blaming yourself for things that aren't your responsibility Trouble thinking, concentrating, making decisions and remembering things Frequent or recurrent thoughts of death, suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts or suicide Unexplained physical problems, such as back pain or headaches consult a psychiatrist and get evaluated.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Meri friend friday night uske boyfriend ke sath thi, usse yaad nhi ki unke bich kuch hua ya nhi, uss time usne drink bhi ki thi, but usne kaha ki jab vo sath aaye toh kuch moment chod usse sab yaad hai. Par usse dar lag raha ki kuch ho toh nhi gaya. Aise samay ky kiya jaye.

MBBS, MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, FMAS, DMAS
Gynaecologist, Noida
Hello, In that case she can take an emergency contrceptive pill like an ipill within 72 hrs of her last meet and this shall help prevent unwanted pregnancy.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Chronic anxiety is the next stage of stress, then is it more dangerous than stress?

MBBS, Diploma in Psychological Medicine
Psychiatrist, Kolkata
Stress is present in everyone's life. Not being able to cope up with it chronically leads to anxiety. So anxiety is more serious. I hope I have answered your question.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed

Near By Doctors

(736 ratings)

Dr. Sathya Prakash

MBBS, MD (AIIMS, Gold Medalist), Diploma in CBT (UWS, Glasgow)
Eden Hospital - East of Kailash, 
600 at clinic
Book Appointment
(66 ratings)

Dr. Sidharth Chellani

MD - Psychiatry, MBBS
Dr. Chellani Clinic, 
300 at clinic
Book Appointment
(37 ratings)

Dr. Vishal Chhabra

Fortis Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre - Okhla Road, 
300 at clinic
Book Appointment
(10 ratings)

Dr. Rahul Chandhok

M.D Psychiatry , MBBS
Fortis Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre - Okhla Road, 
300 at clinic
Book Appointment

Dr. Sudeshna Biswas

Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological Counselling (PGDPC, Diploma in Psychological Medicine, Certified NLP Expert (California, USA), MBBS
Fortis C - Doc Hospital, 
500 at clinic
Book Appointment
(10 ratings)

Dr. Rohit Garg

MBBS, M.D Psychiatry
Garg Psychiatry & Eye Multi Specialty Clinic, 
300 at clinic
Book Appointment