Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I lost some body close so I'm very weak can you help me I am very tired person you help me I am not sure you are a great so I am not be happy.
Hello, my grandpa is suffering from skin cancer. Because of smoking continues cigarette from last 40 years. Now he is of 75 years. So is there any idea to how to reduce his cigarette.
I am 26 years old female married I had conversation with my x after one baby born we continued as friend now its 6 years now he is avoiding to talk to me I don't know why but I was totally disturbed cause of him I wants to talk to him but he is ignoring me what should I do to avoid him please help me.
Hi my wife. Age 27, working. My wife feels that she gets angry too easily these days and at that time she can't control her anger. She still does things which she even feels and knows are not right. Her head pains quite often and sometimes she feels nauseatic too. What could it be? please help.
Hi I am Chandan 30 years single old. I am a Computer Operator, actually I have share a problem that I suffering from self talking disease for last 2 years. This activity 50 % disturb of my working style. Actually this activity activate when was I Praying for Universe to The Almighty Shiva. Nobody can understand my problem but I think to finish this disease I have to busy morning to night, and I recover 50% Itself. If you help to solve my problem then I will wisher for life time.
I am always feeling very depressed. For some time I am feeling like world is very selfish and didn' t like talking to others. Also when I talk with others I loose confidence
I am having fever, headache and body pain from this morning. I have vomited 2 times. What should I do?
Bipolar disorder is a condition where the patient may go through certain periods of extreme happiness and joy which is known as mania. On the other hand, there may be other periods where the patient may be extremely sad and depressed and even suicidal.
In some individuals, these phases may last quite long whereas, in others, they may change very quickly. However, there are certain common symptoms displayed by patients with bipolar disorder. Let's look at a few of them.
- Feeling extremely happy, to the point of being careless - Certain patients, at the onset of bipolar disorder, will feel extremely happy and have their sense of judgment hampered. When patients feel very elated without proper context, or for very small reasons, it could be an indication that the person is experiencing mania.
- Feeling extremely depressed - Similarly, on the other end of the spectrum, if a person feels extremely depressed without an appropriate reason, it may be due to bipolar disorder. Also, the severity of depression and the length of time for which a person experiences it is also an indicator of the condition.
- Lack of interest in activities which formerly interested you - You may suddenly lose interest in an activity that genuinely interested you earlier. This may include your profession or hobbies.
- Loss of appetite during the depression phases - During the phases of depression or sadness, which may sometimes last for months, a person may rapidly lose weight due to lack of interest in food. Even for patients who have shorter cycles of changes lasting for only a few weeks, this will be noticeable.
- Extreme restlessness and lack of sleep during the manic phases - When the person enters a manic or happy cycle, it may trigger over enthusiasm, restlessness and lack of sleep. This, like the depression phase, will also vary from patient to patient and may continue for the entire duration of the phase. A jump from a depression cycle into this phase will be definitely noticed by others.
If a few of these symptoms are detected, then the patient should be taken to a mental health professional for appropriate treatment as soon as possible.