Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Puneet DwevediYour feedback matters!
Hi, Drinking milk with full cream is better for health or not. Currently I am boiling milk for 2 times , take out cream and after that I drink. So Does taking out cream leads to less benefits ?
What are the disadvantages caused by smoking and drinking alcohol regularly and which parts of body damages a lot because of smoking.
I have problem of vibrating my hands (sometimes other body parts also) during stress situation like (1) going on stage for any speech or performance (2) lifting heavy weight or doing gym. (3) facing job interview This problem is since my childhood. But since last few 2-3 years, it has increased to double than my childhood problem. Now a days, for a little stress my hands are starting vibrating.(little stress like any guest coming to my home, I am going to some unknown's house, meeting with boss during critical condition, I do signature for important purpose etc.) Please suggest me which type of doctor I have to concern for this issue?
I am a 23-year old boy. I have been very stressed and suffering from anxiety for the past 6 months. I had severe dandruff, which I am now relieved from. My question is that I have been losing my hair very quickly. What can I do about this?
Sir, due to Demnesia, I feel like forgetting simple things, ability to memorize things getting less. I am college student. It heavily affect on my study.
My wife feels that some body is beating or touching her bodies even if we two are in the house, and also speaks alone in a filthy languages.
Mu friend want to left tobacco, he had this habit from last 5 years, when he tries to control this, his health become down and he feels unconscious and sleep. please tell whats the alternate for this.
But what else? can it affect your sexual and reproductive life?
In female- it causes problems in menstruation, irregular periods and abnormal amount of bleeding. In addition, it causes difficulty in having baby- by interfering with normal hormone release.
Even if pregnancy occurs, the ending may not be happy one. It is responsible for repeated pregnancy loss (repeated miscarriages), ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy outside the uterus- that cannot survive, on the other hand it can endanger mother's life). It also causes abnormal bleeding in pregnancy by early separation of placenta (the flower) and thus endangering life of both mother and baby. It is also responsible for inadequate growth of baby inside the uterus. This can result in early delivery (premature baby), ow birth weight, permanent damage to baby's brain (mental retardation) and other organs, even death of the baby before or soon after birth. Tobacco also causes early rupture of membranes during pregnancy ("breaking of water") causing preterm delivery and infection.
As a result of hormonal deficiency caused by tobacco, there may be infertility and other hormonal problems like sexual dysfunction (dryness especially), discomfort in passing urine and bone pain (all due to hormone deficiency).
In older women it can cause prolapse (coming down of uterus outside).
In males- tobacco is responsible for low sperm count, low motility and abnormalities in sperms. The result is male infertility.
It can also cause hormonal problems in males leading to sexual dysfunction and bone loss.
It is responsible for erectile dysfunction and also premature ejaculation.
So, the decision is yours whether to choose tobacco or to choose life.
It is a common trend among youngsters to smoke weed as they tend to think it makes them look cool. It is a common misconception that smoking pot relieves various social and personal problems. It is used as a form of escape mechanism that allows them to avoid problems in life.
The usual reasons why people turn to smoking pot are:
- Peer pressure: You may have friends who smoke weed on a regular basis, so you may be tempted to join in.
- Boredom: It is a usual resort to escape from boredom or craving excitement. It is said that smoking weed helps in filling the internal void that results from lack of excitement.
- Rebellion: Weed has also been connected and continues to be a symbol of rebellion among todays teenagers and youngsters.
- Smoking weed has been shown to shrink the size of the orbitofrontal cortex, a region of the brain that is important in making decisions and processing emotions.
- It can alter your mood, hamper body movement and impairs your ability to concentrate and execute tasks.
- It increases your risk of getting affected by phlegm and cough.
- The long term effects of marijuana comprises of impaired learning and thinking skills.
- It also affects the process where new connections are formed in the brain.
- Regular weed smokers have also been shown to have lower IQ levels comparatively.
- Apart from the mental effects, it may also cause breathing discomforts as the smoke may irritate the lungs.
- It also increases the chances of heart attack in the elderly.
- Weed has also been reported to impact the fetus if a pregnant woman smokes it.
- It raises the risk of behavioral problems in children.
- The complications that a child may face are impaired problem solving skills, attention and memory related disorders.
Thus, it is important to stay away from smoking weed as it is addictive and increases your chances of getting affected by numerous health complications. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.