Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Puneet AgarwalYour feedback matters!
A neurological disease that occurs mostly on one side of the head, migraine is a severe headache that is characterised by a variety of symptoms, ranging from nausea and disturbed vision to sensitivity to light. Since the triggers of a migraine are many, it can be difficult to identify the exact cause of your pulsating headache.
Here are some of the common stimulants associated with migraine:
1. Fasting: Not taking proper meals, insufficient liquid intake and fasting can be a major trigger towards headaches and migraine. It could be associated to lowered blood glucose levels. Skipping meals or fasting must be completely avoided.
2. Sleep: Sleep can also be a trigger factor as well as a preventive factor for migraines. You can suffer from a migraine attack if you sleep too little or too much. Migraine caused by sleep problems usually arises when the brain’s serotonin (a compound that constricts blood vessels) production experiences a fluctuation, and there is a reduction of dopamine (a neurotransmitter that helps in the transmission of signals) levels. While the former neurotransmitter is necessary for regulating your sleep cycle, the latter is vital for helping you to focus. Several studies reveal that developing good sleep habits can bring about a reduction in the intensity as well as number of migraine attacks.
3. Stress: Another common migraine trigger is stress. Emotions like sadness, worry, shock and anxiety can cause migraine attacks as they bring about the release of migraine causing brain chemicals. At the same time, it is also commonly reported that a migraine may occur right after a stressful period, usually during the weekends, and is therefore called a weekend headache.
4. Food: Several studies show that migraines triggered by food occur in 10% of the world population. Many of the food items that cause a migraine attack contain a substance called tyramine or phenylethylamine. This substance can cause the nerve cells of your brain to release a chemical called norepinephrine. The increased quantity of the two (tyramine and norepinephrine) can lead to migraine attacks. These amino acids are present in aged cheese, chocolates, citrus fruits, nuts and soy foods.
5. Caffeine: Too much caffeine consumption can cause you to have a migraine attack. Ideally, you shouldn’t have more than 2 cups of caffeinated drinks (like coffee, tea and cola) a day to prevent yourself from experiencing migraine headaches.
6. Computer screens/ Sunlight: Sitting in front of your computer screen for a long time can trigger a migraine attack. It happens as muscle tension builds up around your head, neck and shoulder areas.To prevent the problem from occurring, you need to take regular breaks, use good lighting, and anti-glare screens.
7. Alcohol: Certain alcohols like red wine, beer, vermouth, and sherry contain substances such as tyramine, phenylethylamine, histamine, sulphites, and flavonoid phenols, all of which have been known to trigger migraine attacks. Red wine is considered to be the worst trigger, and you should avoid it if you suffer from migraine.
8. Exercise: Like sleep, even exercise has been reported to cause as well as prevent migraines. Exercising in a moderate and regular manner is known to prevent the onset of migraine.By doing so, you end up stimulating the release of the body’s natural painkillers, while improving your overall health. On the other hand, by exercising vigorously and without prior planning, your body’s demand for oxygen increases significantly, triggering an attack.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Nerves Pulling reason for that. Is Dates advisable for all ages / sugar patients? I understand dates contain Iron. So its good for all. Explain me.
Hello sir, My daughter 11 years old she have PGE primary general epilepsy. She take Keppra 250 mg medicine. I want know if PGE can cure by operation are possible or not ? Any doctor or hospital in south Asian country? Please give solution without medicine.
I have migraine since 15 years I have done many treatment but there is no good result please suggest me medicine which have no size effect.
I am suffering from sciatica pain on the left side starting from hip to heel .Got the x-ray and MRI also done and it confirms the compression of nerve at L4 and L5 level .Kindly suggest a solution.
I am facing a lot of mental stress now a days, since January 2016 I am thinking about kill myself so many time in a day. I feel that negativity is fully occupied my mind and soul. Due to this I am suffering from insomnia and other mental ailments. My professional and familiar life is totally smashed. Please advice me as soon as possible. Also my weight is reduced to 43 Kg from 52 Kg.
Sir, My index finger is moving without my knowledge, is it weakness or what, kindly suggest medical advice.
On 4th April 2015 I got an Epilepsy attack in morning around 5 A.M. My wife told me that whole body got folded and after Epilepsy I was feeling vomiting issues. After 5 days I realized that some sound is coming from my mind or Ear I do not know but it is coming continuously. Till then I have contacted many Neuro /ENT .Some one says its Tinnitus and I have started medicine. Epilepsy : Encorate Chrono 500 MG two times (Regularly). For Tinnitus : Bilovas and rejunex cd. Some of my friends have told that you are not taking correct medicine for Epilepsy so you are hearing this sound as an side effect. I am not sure because all 3 Neuro doctors have prescribed me same medicine for Epilepsy. Kindly suggest me that if this can be the case or not. I am really confused and getting depressed / anxiety issues now.
My Son (3 years, 3 Months) is diagnosed with Mild PDD. Is it form of autism? What are the best treatment Options ?Can he outgrow it by age ?He does not exhibit all age appropriate skills.
I am suffering from epilepsy and using encorate chrono 500 (2) . What shall I do to cure this disease. Also I am gaining weight and have hairfall.
I have a serious migrain problem since last two months ago. Before that I didnot face any kind of migrain problem. I am in a very big dilema. What should I do?
Sleep apnea is a disorder that affects nighttime breathing and is caused by either a malfunction in the brain that temporarily stops sending signals to the muscles that control breathing, or by an obstruction in the airway.
Causes of Sleep Apnea-
It occurs when muscles in the back of your throat relax, tonsillitis, adenoids, obesity, middle-aged, heart disease, stroke, sedative medicines, large neck circumference, large tongue etc.
Symptoms of Sleep Apnea-
- Feeling of excessively sleepy during a day
- Lack concentration and low memory status
- Short temperament
- Hyperactive children
- Leg swelling
- Impotency in males
- Frequent waking up for urination in night
- Tiresome feeling in morning
Homeopathic Treatment of Sleep Apnea-
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering.
The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat sleep apnoea but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for sleep apnoea treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensation and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. Some of the most common homeopathic medicines for Sleep Apnea are-
- Arsenicum Album: Arsenicum album is often prescribed for individuals who have breathing difficulties at night and is considered for people with a fearful, tense and agitated response to illness.
- Lachesis: Lachesis is a remedy prescribed for conditions that worsen at night. This medicine is designed for people who are typically fearful and anxious, but also prone to jealousy and excessive talking.
- Sulphur: By reputation, sulphur is a commonly prescribed homeopathic remedy, especially for nighttime congestion and sweating. Homeopathic sulphur combats a wheezy cough and congested head, both of which are suffered in sleep apnea.
- Spongia Tosta: This remedy for croup may help congestive sleep apnea sufferers as it treats respiratory symptoms that worsen when lying down.
Before taking these medications, it is important to visit the doctor who will take a detailed case history of your problem and prescribe the right dosage and combination of medication.