Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Punam BhatiaYour feedback matters!
My kid aged 8 years is having cold cough symptoms with high fever going upto 102 occasionally, the local doctor prescribed meftal b.
My son have started bed wetting from the last 1 1/2 years. He is now 9 yrs old. We have consulted child specialists, have done all the the tests all things are alright. Doctors told my son to do bladder exercise. Is there any ayurvedic treatment for the same or exercise is the only treatment.
My son is frequently stomach pain. Pain coming time stomach below full swell and vomiting. .he was studying 8th class but this pblm he was irregular going to school. His ultrasonography of abdomen and pelvis report Impression:- Findings suggestive of retroperitoneal lymphadenopathy. What is the actual pblm for my son? Why r you same disease frequently coming? I am very depressed for my son's problem. So you r valuable rply as soon as.
Insulin like supplementary drugs for hyperglycemia
Pramlintide (symlin) is a new type of injectable drug that can help control postprandial hyperglycemia, the sudden increase in blood sugar after a meal. Pramlintide is injected before meals and can help lower blood sugar levels in the 3 hours after meals. Pramlintide is used in addition to insulin for patients who take insulin regularly but still need better blood sugar control. The fda approved this drug in 2005 for adults with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Pramlintide and insulin are the only two drugs approved for treatment of type 1 diabetes.
Pramlintide is a synthetic form of amylin, a hormone that is related to insulin. Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, headache, fatigue, and dizziness. Patients with type 1 diabetes have an increased risk of severe low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) that may occur within 3 hours following a pramlintide injection. This drug should not be used if patients have trouble knowing when their blood sugar is low or have slow stomach emptying (gastroparesis).
Hi, my friend is 33 years male. He has a daughter and love her. But he wants a next kid be a baby boy. What are the precautions n food should take to get. Please advise n this is not to encourage baby boy. But better to have 1girl n 1 boy. Thank you.
My son says that his right side nipple is paining while sleeping. What may be the reason? He has no fever, no swelling any where in body. Nothing. Is there any serious issue?
My baby is 3 months old I was feeding him breast milk plus formula milk as milk supply is less. My problem is now he is not at all sucking me.
My baby is 7 month old and still he does not take good sleep at night, he used to wakes up every 2 hr for feeding. We are giving lactogen 2. Pls advice.
Hi doc. What are the fruit juices can be given for 8 month baby during winter and rainy season as wel as to treat constipation?
My 6 weak old daughter keeps on crying while she awake or keep sucking milk otherwise she sleep. What should I do to keep her calm.
My son is now 20 months healthy boy. I want to stop breastfeeding now. He is eating regular food but have a strong crave for my milk. Can I take medicine available in market such as cabergoline .25 mg? Milk supply is high. Want to stop it. Pls help.
My daughter age is 7 years. Since one month, pus is discharging from her left ear with bad smell. Already consulted an E.N.T. Specialist. He suggested to use candid ear dropsfor 10 days. But invain.
Because of plenty of motions of my baby of 1month old I was suggested to stop breast feeding. And I have taken tablets to stop breast feeding. But some body told not to stop giving milk to child. So how the milk can be produced. Any tablets? Please suggest.
My child 3.5 yrs old male and having fever since 3 days in the nights, used syrups of Calpol, P-250 as doctors prescribed still it is same, please advise.
Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD is a behavioral disorder that comprises impulsive behavior, inattentiveness and hyperactivity. This disorder tends to affect children more commonly, but the symptoms tend to disappear as one ages.
There are a number of symptoms for this disorder:
- Concentration problems: People affected by this disorder have problems in staying focused on routine tasks. You may have problems in listening to conversations, get distracted easily, overlook various important things and have trouble remembering various things.
- Being disorganized and forgetting things: You may exhibit symptoms such as having an extremely cluttered desk. You may also experience difficulties in completing projects and forgetting appointments. You may also lose track of time while doing important things.
- Emotional problems: Various emotional problems such as mood swings, hypersensitivity to criticism, problems in staying motivated and having low self-esteem are common signs of ADD. The disorder may also lead you to be extremely short tempered and be constantly frustrated.
- Hyperactivity: This symptom causes you to remain constantly agitated, unable to focus due to a racing mind, fidgeting constantly and talking excessively.
- Impulsivity: You will exhibit impulsive behavior such as not being able to exercise self-control, blurting out inappropriate comments and have certain addictive tendencies.
Attention Deficit Disorder can cause various problems in your life. Most of these are related to the following domains:
- Work related problems: You may constantly feel a sense of underachievement and will unable to meet your work responsibilities. You may be unable to meet deadlines, and face problems in filing paperwork.
- Relationship problems: This disorder takes a toll on your relationships such as it can create a rift between you and your family. They may feel that you are not sensitive to their concerns.
- Mental health problems: You may face various mental health problems such as drug abuse, anxiety, self-esteem issues and chronic stress.
Remedies for this disorder are:
- Get proper sleep: You should always aim to sleep for at least 6 hours every day. If you are well rested, then you will be more energetic and stress free.
- Regular exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep yourself fit and healthy. It can also help you avoid problems such as obesity.
- Improve your relationships: You should schedule time for your loved ones and engage with them. It may contribute to your overall mental well-being.